A Lot Like Falling

Not just yet

I watched Jackson pace back and forth , it looked like he was fighting an internal battle . It was quite and he seemed to completely forget my presence . I skimmed his room, my heart seemed to literally stop beating when I spotted the small silver hand gun on his dresser . Why the hell would he need that . A chiming ring interrupted my thoughts and I looked back at Jackson who was holding his phone .

" Hello-" He looked back at me then exited out to the hallway . Normally I'd feel weird making somebody have to leave their own room but I had something else on my mind at the moment . I slowly walked to the dresser and lifted the gun in my hands running my fingers across the soft metal . My hands seemed to be afraid of what they held . They were shaking . So much power in such a small weapon , I reached to put it down but a loud noise startled me and instead I shoved it in my back pocket . A door from down stairs slammed shut and I ran out of the room to see what was going on . I looked down the hallway and noticed it was empty . Where did Jackson go ?. I mindlessly walked downstairs and decided to look outside when I noticed the living room was empty as well . I pulled the blinds open slightly . Laila was standing up against her car looking down . I took a deep breath and tried to convince myself that what I was about to do was the right thing . I put my hand against the cold door knob and felt dizzy with anxiety as I turned it and opened the door . She looked up then back down again when she noticed it was only me . I leaned against her car with her and looked forward trying to piece together what I was planning to say .

"You know something ?" My voice sounded horse and I gulped trying to make it more clear . " Your too smart to honestly believe that's love ." I gestured toward her arm . She looked up at me then placed her other hand on it ." I know its not my place but believe me things like this are serious . You may not like me but ... there's this crazy thought that runs through my mind a lot . I think we could be friends if we tried." She didn't say a word and continued to look at her arm squeezing where the bruises where at and wincing . The look on her face was so familiar to me , its like I could tell what she was thinking. She hated him . " Why do you stick around if he handles you that way ?"It took a while for her to answer she stood there motionless as tears built up in her eyes .

" Because he said he loved me... and I believed him." Her voice was a whisper. I felt I had lost my words when I tried to look for some that would help shake her ignorance . " But he's a lair ." she gritted her teeth ." And I was a idiot to believe him. " I looked to her and could feel the confusion on my face when I noticed I wouldn't have to convince her to see the truth . Bright lights suddenly broke the darkness of the night and I looked forward . A white car was pulling up in front of us , Laila stood up straight , she looked terrified . I pick my hand up in front of my eyes trying to shield them from the bright lights and also to get a better view of who was stepping out of the car . He was not familiar to me , he was about 5'8 and had dark brown hair and blue eyes . He looked angry and I froze when I noticed Lailas expression . Before I could fully piece together who he was , He reached for her hair and pulled her to him with force . She tried to pull away but he kept her there and stared down at her with rage . Her struggling was useless she looked small and weak in his grasp . Every nerve in my body was shouting for me to run inside and call Jackson or Jensen but I couldn't move . I was in shock as I watched him shake her , its like I was watching Stephen and me .

" Just stop it ! " Laila shouted back at him still trying to pull away . "Go home Josh ! you don't want any problems!" She looked in pain now as he tightened his grip on her arms. He laughed .

" Do you honestly think I'm afraid of your little Jackson ." He pouted as he mocked her . " Don't fucking make me laugh . The only way I'm going home is if you come with me ." He pulled on her arm and began to drag her she pulled herself up and bit his hand . " shit ! " He grabbed his hand then threw a punch to her face knocking her down . She let out a yell as she hit the floor. " You worthless piece of shit ." I could feel my whole body set off at his words . Rage took over and I felt for the small silver gun I had shoved into my pocket . I pulled it out and without another thought I ran to him and pointed it to his head . He froze and put his hands up .

" Hit her again motherfucker and I'll blow your brains out ." My heart is banging against my rib cage but my voice doesn't sound afraid. I looked down to Laila , she's holding her face thrown there in agony . He moves his hand toward me in attempt to the knock the gun out of my hand and I shoot . Blood explodes from his arm and he shouts as I push him to the ground and hold him down with my foot . " Don't push me asshole ."

" Jessica . " I hear Jensen from behind .

"Laila! " Jackson runs to her and pulls her up to him . She looks lifeless as she watches me point the gun to Josh .

" Jessica , put the gun down ." I can hear Jensen approaching me .

" Stay back Jensen ." Finally fear shows through my voice .

" Jess just put the gun down there's no need for it anymore . everything is going to be fine ."

" No ! its not going to be fine . " I feel my throat dry up as I fight back tears ." He doesn't deserve to walk away from this alive ."

" He's not Stephen ." ... My muscles tense up when I hear the name .

" Your right , he's not ... but he's just the same ." I bend down and set the gun to his forehead . " who do you think you are?" I seethe . He stares back at me with fear in his eyes .

" Please don't kill me ." I laugh under my breath .Its funny to see him so afraid , this asshole who thought he was big stuff just a while ago .

" Just fucking shoot him already ." Jackson is standing behind me as is Laila . I look back to them , both of them displaying the same anger . Then I look to Jensen, he looks worried . I quickly focus back to Josh . Yes he's crap but Jensen's right, he's not Stephen . " Your day will come . Trust me." I push his head back to the concrete and look back to Jensen ."Call the police ." I continue to stare at Jensen , hoping he will forgive me for my ignorance.

*
The cop lights slowly fade, all four of us stand there and watch them drive away . I breathe in and try to reassemble myself . I can feel Jensen watching me and I look back at him , his arms are crossed and he looks confused . He looks toward Laila then back at me . I stare back at him and try to make it noticeable that I want him near me . I walk toward him and he pulls me into a hug . I'm safe . I hug him back and kiss his chest . " I love you ." He whispers then hugs me tighter .

" Please promise you will never let me go." I look at him and run my hand through his hair and down his cheek.

" I promise ."
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N : Sorry for the crapiness of this chapter but I needed a filler so yeh . And thanks to the readers ( you guys are super awsome ) ! and if you are reading please leave some comments they are greatly appreciated =) ! oh and thank you to J.action your super special bb ! without you this story would litterally be nothing !

Comments are love =)