Status: Hiatus

The Four Stars

Chapter 4

Geneve’s Outfit
shirt, jeans, shoes, bag

Juviens Outfit
shirt, jeans, shoes, bag

Jullien’s Outfit
shirt, knickers, sandals, bag

Joanine’s Outfit
shirt, jeans, sandals, bag

Marleon’s Outfit
dress, shoes, bag

Crystal’s Outfit
dress, wedge heel, bag

Maria’s Outfit
dress, wedge heel, bag

Joanine’s P.O.V

I hear my alarm clock beeping and I groan turning it off. I’m so tired right now that I don’t feel like going anywhere. I just want – no – need to get some rest before doing anything.

“Joanine!” I hear my mother’s voice calling from outside my door.

What is it? I need to sleep.

“Joanine! You have to get up to prepare fro school now.”

School? That can wait until I am fully rested. You know, I didn’t notice it before, but now I do - What is this heavy thing on my head? I move my right hand, placing it on the heavy object that is on my head. I feel around and notice that it is the hand of someone. Why is someone’s hand on my head? I turn to the other side of my bed with my back facing my door and see Juvien sprawled out on my bed, his chest barely covered by the comforter. How in heaven’s name did he get in my room, much less my bed?.
I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and with quick thinking push Juvien off my bed. Thump the sound of his body makes when he crashes to the floor. I then hear him groan and quickly look over at him.

“Juvien shut-up.”

My father opens the door peeking his head inside. “Joanine, good morning.” He smiles at me with his blonde curly hair hiding his eyebrows.

“Good morning father.” I tell him sitting up.

“You have to go and get ready for school now. Breakfast will be ready when you get downstairs.”

“Okay, I’ll get ready now.” My father nods in acknowledgement and closes the door quietly.

I quickly roll to the other side of my bed and stare at Juvien. He looks up at me. “I thought you said you would be out before sunrise.” I tell him seriously.

“Did you have to push me?” He asks lifting himself off the floor.

“Well, it was the first thing that came to my mind.”

He stands up and stretches. His hair is standing up in different directions, his face still looking sleepy and he is rubbing the back of his head. “I actually fell asleep? Yes.” He says to himself victoriously. He turns and looks at me. “I can come and sleep here if I can’t sleep.”

I look at him with a blank face. “Let me think about that. No. You were almost caught Juvien and I’m not going to let that happen again.”

I push him towards my window and open the blinds and the window.

“Are you throwing me out?” He asks pointing to the open window.

“I have to get ready for school now, and so do you. I’ll see you in a few hours.”

He frowns and lazily goes outside of my room holding onto the ladder below my window. I almost feel sorry for him. I hurt his feelings.

“Wait,” I stick my head through the window and kiss him on the cheek. He instantly lights up with a bright smile and kisses me back on the cheek.

“I’ll see you in a few hours love.” He winks at me, then hastily climbs down and lands on the lawn sprinting across the wet grass to his house. Then he stealthily climbs up to the window of his room, but before closing it he gives me a quick wave and disappears.

Senior year here I come!

Image

Third Person P.O.V

Florence di il Expressivo L’Arte has its compound bursting with the laughter of students from various countries. Under the cherry blossom trees students sit and talk excitedly about their summer. Others walk in and out of the school with their companions, some sit in the gazebos listening to music and others are scattered in the parking lot.

The four friends arrive – Jullien on a bike with Geneve and Joanine on Juvien’s bike. They hop off and take off their helmet. Geneve puts his hands on his hips and breathes in fresh air then he lets it out slowly.

“Wooooohooooo!” Geneve shouts. “I can’t wait to see what our final year is going to be like.”

“Um…okay.” Juvien says looking at Geneve weirdly.

“Yea, what waits for us this new school?” Jullien asks seriously.

Joanine quickly smiles and walks toward her with her arms in the air. “Fun of course. It’s our senior year.”

Suddenly, they hear a car driving close by and they turn their heads in the direction of the car. The car parks beside Geneve’s bike and two blonde-haired girls step out.

“Oooh,” one of the girls says surprised walking up to Juvien and Geneve.

“Ciao Geneve and Juvien. Did you two enjoy your summer?” The other girl asks ignoring Joanine and Jullien.

“Great, we haven’t even entered the school and we had to see these blonde bimbos.” Jullien says disgusted.

One of the girls gasps in shock. Both girls quickly turn their attention to Jullien. “What did you just say?” One blonde asks putting her hands on her hips.

Jullien looks at her and sighs nonchalantly. “Geneve, Juvien, Joanine,” she says looking at them, “did you hear what I said?”

“Yes.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Yeah.”

“Good,” she says nodding her head slowly, “then there is no need for me to repeat.”

Jullien turns on her heel to walk inside the school, her friends following her. “You can’t walk away from us!” One of the blondes shouts angrily.

“Oh yeah? Then what are we doing?” Joanine says still walking.

“Come back here!” The blonde shouts angrily.

“What-ever!” Joanine says in a sing-song voice and waving the blondes off.

The friends giggle at the little scene that was displayed. They continue walking to the entrance of the school building, passing new and old students at the water fountain, gazebos and those on the lawn.

“You guys wait.” Geneve says stopping abruptly.
His friends turn around and look at him quizzically.

Joanine adjusts her bag leans on Juvien. “What is it?”

“Let’s all make a promise to each other.”

“Why?” Jullien says bemused.

“Because we should – it’s our final year.”

Juvien nods his head in agreement. “Okay.”

“So what’s the promise Geneve?” Joanine says.

“The promise – we all remain friends, no matter what happens, even if we do something that hurts the other, we will still be friends.”

“That’s easy. We’ve all been friends before we were even born.” Jullien says smiling.

“That’s not a hard promise to keep.” Joanine adds.

“I can do that.” Juvien smiles.

“So it’s agreed then.” Geneve says motioning for his friends to come closer to him.

The four friends place their hands on top of each other’s hand and say in unison, “Promise.”

As they enter the school building they see more students bustling through the hallways. Chattering of the students echo from each hallway and shouts are heard from a group of boys that are laughing raucously. As they laugh, they slam on the lockers nearby and clutch their stomach from the laughter.

“Excuse me?” A dark skinned girl asks in a French accent to the four friends.

She has black shoulder length curly hair plaited into pigtails, brown eyes, button nose, and plump lips painted with orange lip gloss.

“Bonjour,” Joanine says smiling at the girl.

The girl chuckles, “Ah, you speak French?”

“Just a little.”

“Um,” the girl says turning her eyes from the four students, “can you tell me where the bathroom is?”

“Sure,” Jullien chirps, “just go down that hallway, turn right, and go to the last door on you right.”

“Merci,” she says and walks in the direction of the laughing boys.

As she walks closer to them, they notice her and quiet down. One of the boys, dressed in a blue shirt and blue and white plaid Bermuda shorts, and black sandals, stares at her. He has tanned skin, auburn hair, green eyes, a straight nose, and thin pink lips that seem to have been in the sun too long, but look attractive nonetheless.

As the girl passes their way, he smiles at her and says, “Ciao bella.” She looks at him and smiles and continues walking. The boy stares at her in awe as she turns the corner. He continues to stare after she disappears around the corner. His friends’ chuckle and he turns to look at them.

“Dude,” his friend with long wavy black hair says trying to control his laughter, “nice one.” He continues to laugh clutching his stomach.

“Alex has a crush.” Another says brushing his blonde hair with brown streaks from his eyes.

“Shut-up,” Alex says sheepishly.

The four friends chuckle a bit at Alex’s behaviour and turn in the direction of the main office to collect their schedules.

“Surfers can be so loud at times.” Juvien says shrugging his shoulders.

“Yeah, but it is fun to watch them do some really stupid things.” Geneve says giggling.

The collect their schedules and head to the auditorium for assembly.

Image

“Buongiorno students.” (Good morning) The principal, Mr. Loci says looking at the crowd of students and straightening his lavender tie. “I see you all are excited. I take it that you enjoyed your summer.” He smiles showing his white teeth.

Students answer in a chorus showing that they did enjoy their summer.

“Very well then, down to business. I welcome you all to Florence di il Expressivo L’Arte, old and new students. I hope you will enjoy your time here, but who wouldn’t? This is a school of art, where dreams are made into a reality, where you meet people from other countries and learn about their culture.” The crowd cheers at his words and clap him.

“I have a promotion to make.” He holds the corners of the podium. “At the end of the school year – in June, their will be a competition.” The students cheer again and he continues. “This will be a music competition. Soloists, bands, groups, anything that deals with music, will be incorporated. Whoever wins this competition will get an all expense paid four day trip to Greece. Their will be dates posted on the notice board for when you should sign up and when we will have the preliminaries. So, think of what you are going to do for the competition. Please go to your homerooms and have a great day.” He waves his hand while walking off the stage.

“Thank you and the same to you.” The students say in unison.

The students walk out of the auditorium, their chattering erupting again complemented my laughter.

“The competition sounds exciting,” Joanine lights up with excitement.

“Yeah, sure does. You guys are going to join.” Geneve looks at his friends expectantly.

“Why not?” Jullien answers smirking.
“I want to join the competition. I wouldn’t want to give up an all expense paid trip to Greece.” Juvien points at himself bubbling over with joy.

They go to homeroom and sit, waiting for their teacher to arrive. Mrs. Russo arrives looking vibrant as she normally is.

Her deep red hair is neatly curled and tied in a pony tail with a red bow matching her deep red shirt and heels. She walks gracefully to her desk in her flowing knee-length black skirt and leans on the front her desk, her hands supporting her on either side.

“Buongiorno students. I’m just going to take the register and then you can leave for lunch.” She takes up her register and flips the pages before taking up her stylish blue Pentel pen.

Jullien quickly turns to her left to look at Juvien. “You have any ideas about what we can do for the competition?”

Juvien shakes his head, “Nope, not yet.”

“Joanine Bastille?” Mrs. Russo asks scanning the room with her green eyes.

“Present signorina,” (Miss) Joanine chimes waving her hand.

Geneve leans over to join their conversation. “There is going to be a lot of students that are going to sign up for this competition I bet.”

“So we should start practicing as soon as we can.” Joanine adds.

“Yes practice, but we -” Jullien says but stops talking because of the teacher.

“Jullien Candlethrope?”

Jullien quickly faces the teacher, “Here signorina,” and turns around to finish her statement.

“But we don’t know what we are going to do for the competition yet.”

“Right,” Juvien says pointing at Jullien with realization in his voice, “then we should start brainstorming on what we should do.”

Joanine raises an eyebrow, “Like?”

“I don’t know,” Juvien says raising his shoulders, “that’s why I said brainstorm.”

Geneve taps his chin with his index finger. “Hmmm, what should we do?”

“Juvien Germer?”

“Right here Signora Russo.” (Mrs. Russo) He smiles up at her. Signora Russo smiles back at him chuckling to herself.

“I think you have a crush on Signora Russo,” Jullien giggles.

Juvien looks at her smiling. “No I don’t. I just love the deep, deep rich red hair she has. It makes her look like a goddess.”

Joanine examines her teacher and then turns her attention to her friends. “She’s totally pretty and her green eyes just add to more of her beauty.”

“Geneve Gustav?”

He looks at the teacher waving. “Present Signora Russo.” Students mumble after hearing Geneve speak, but the four friends ignore the hushed voices.

Juvien looks at Geneve expectantly “Any ideas yet?”

“Nope, but I’m sure we’ll get some.”

“Crystal Hondure?” Mrs. Russo scans the classroom looking for the student.

She raises her hand, “Here,” she answers in a high pitched voice.

“Maria Hondure?”

She answers raising her hand beside Crystal. “Right here.”

Jullien narrows her eyes and makes a low growl.

“Whoa, is it just me or did Jullien make that sound?” Joanine asks shocked.

Geneve and Juvien turn their attention to Jullien. The see the sour expression on her face and begin to worry.

“Those bimbos are in our homeroom?” She asks between clenched teeth.

Joanine furrows her eyebrows in confusion, “Who are you talking about Jullien?”

“The bimbos Joanine.”

Joanine gasps, “You mean Crystal and Maria?”

“Yes, those two little bit-”

“Hey, watch your tongue.” Juvien warns glancing at the teacher. “I didn’t even hear their names being called. My mind was concentrating on the competition.”

“Great, really great. Now I have to deal with those two for another year.” Geneve says frustrated.

“We’ve been in the same class with them since seventh grade and now we have to end up in the same class again – in our final year.” Jullien says trying to control her anger.

“You should calm down Jullien, you might hurt yourself.” Geneve says concerned.

“Okay students, you can have lunch now.” Signora Russo points at the door with her pen.

Image

“Tell me what you want and I’ll get it for you.”

Juvien says with his arms wrapped around Joanines waist and resting his chin on her head.

Joanine masks a thinking expression, “I want…an Ocean Spray, anyone, um…croissants and…chicken with sweet & sour sauce.”

“Sure.” Juvien kisses her hair tipping her to the left.

“Thank you. I’ll see you outside.” She says walking backwards with his hand slipping through her fingers. Juvien smiles at her and turns around to order.

Juvien taps his foot rhythmically on the white floor in the cafeteria. He stands waiting to get the food he ordered a few minutes ago. He leans on the counter and looks around the cafeteria. He sees students chattering at the multi coloured tables and eating their lunch. He spots the surfers he saw earlier this morning at the large window almost reaching the floor on the left side of the cafeteria, and notices they’re eating burgers. The guy with the long wavy black hair points at Alex with and laughs at him. Alex appears to be frustrated and slaps his friend on the shoulder.

“Shut up Chad.” Alex says.

His other friend with the blonde hair and brown streaks laughs at him with his bottle of water in his hand.

“Levaughn, you too.” Alex says annoyed.

Few minutes pass and they continue teasing him. Alex sighs and decides to get up. He takes up his book bag and fruit punch drink. He ignores the calls from his friends and continues walking.

“Here you go,” the lady behind the counter says giving Juvien the food.
He smiles at her, “Thank you,” and takes up the bag to leave.

Alex opens his drink and takes a sip while continue walking. He stops after drinking, turns around and says something to Chad and Levaughn. He turns around to leave the cafeteria but bounces into Juvien spilling his drink on Juvien’s white shirt.

Alex looks wide-eyed at the mess he created. “Dude,” he says in shock, “I am so sorry.”

Juvien shrugs, “It’s okay, I’m sure it will wash off.”

Alex looks doubtfully at him, “Are you sure dude?”

“Yeah, see ya around.”

Juvien walks toward his friends sitting at one of the concrete tables on the lawn beside the cafeteria.

“Juvien, what happened to your shirt?” Joanine asks shocked.

He places the food in front of her. “Remember the surfer guy with auburn hair we saw this morning?”

“Yeah.”

“He spilled some of his drink on his way out. He was angry at his friends for mocking him about the girl that spoke to you this morning.”

“Oh yeah, that was funny.” Jullien laughs dipping her French fry in Geneve’s ketchup.

“I have to go and wash out my shirt. Keep my burger warm, ok?” Juvien says walking toward the nearby restroom.

A few minutes later Juvien returns with the entire front side of his shirt wet.

“Juvien, are you going to walk around the school with your shirt looking like that?” Geneve asks looking at Juvien’s shirt.

Juvien sighs and sits beside Joanine. “I guess – wait – I have an idea.” Juvien takes off his shirt placing the wet side it on top of his friends’ bags.

“Clever Juvien, but how long do you think it’s going to take to dry?” Jullien says dipping another French fry in Geneve’s ketchup. Geneve quickly snatches some of her strawberry drink and sips it, he then places it back and quickly moves him hand away before Jullien hits him.

“The sun is hot, so it won’t take long to dry.” He says taking his lunch from Joanine. He notices her staring at him and chuckles.

“You know,” Jullien says with a thinking expression, “I saw a guy sprinting across Joanine’s lawn this morning.”

Juvien freezes at what he is doing and looks at Jullien. Joanine grabs her chicken and stuffs it in her mouth quickly.

Juvien looks at her warily. “Are you sure or were you dreaming?”

“Of course I’m sure.” Jullien says adamantly. “He was dressed in a red and blue checkered shorts and sandals that looked like the shorts Juvien constantly wears.”

Geneve giggles, “Bad fashion sense.”

“Totally,” Jullien agrees nodding her head, “no one would wear that, which brings me to the conclusion – it was you that I saw sprinting across the lawn.”

Joanine waves her hands in front of her signaling no.

Jullien looks at her suspiciously and turns to look at Juvien. “Juvien?” She asks rainsing an eyebrow.

“Um….well….aahh…” He says trying to find an answer.

“Ah ha, it was you.” Jullien says victoriously.

“Jullien it wasn’t me.” Juvien says pleadingly.

“Yeah right, I know when you’re lying Juvien, remember – I’m related to you.”

Juvien and Joanine sigh in defeat and start to eat their lunch.

Geneve drinks a mouthful of his pomegranate juice and looks at Joanine and Juvien with a bright smile. “So, what were you doing in Joanine’s room?”

“Who said I was in her room?” Juvien retorts quickly.

Geneve raises his eyebrow, “Why else would you be at her house so early in the morning half-naked?”

“Oh my God Juvien!” Jullien shouts shocked. “I can’t believe you guys did it. Wait till Auntie Analisse and Uncle Von find out about this.”

Juvien chokes on his chewed food and he quickly drinks his Orange juice. “Jullien,” he looks at her wide-eyed, “I can’t believe you thought we did it and to have the nerve to tell my parents. We didn’t do anything I swear.”

“He was only in my room because he couldn’t sleep, truly.” Joanine adds.

Jullien smirks looking at them both, but fixes her stare on Juvien. “I was only kidding. Ha, you should have seen your face.” Jullien laughs.

“That’s not funny Jules, I could have choked.”

Jullien continues laughing, “You almost did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is literally 16 and a quarter pages long in Microsoft Word. I worked on it people, so please send me comments on it. Check the message board for updates. I don't know when the fifth chapter will be out because I start school on Tuesday of this week and that very day I have a test. So please send your opinions of this chapter and the story so far. Thank you. Keep smiling and rock on.