Sequel: Beyond the Sun

The Bird and the Worm

twelve - the act

“So you’re concentrating awfully hard on that screen, considering you’re only buying plane tickets,” Brian said softly as he settled beside me on his bunk, and I adjusted his laptop on my lap so that his weight beside me didn’t make it fall. “How’s that going, anyway?” I groaned in mock agony. “Yeah…they’re never easy.”

I smiled as he touched his lips to the side of my face, and I sighed as his hand lightly traced along my leg. “I’m almost done. It just doesn’t like my credit card number.” He kissed my cheek again, waiting patiently, and I tried the number again. The site flashed an error box, and I bit my lip, sighing in frustration. “Maybe I’m just destined to never leave this tour bus,” I breathed, and his hand lightly squeezed my thigh.

“You’ll get it,” he said softly, and I sighed.

His arm moved to my shoulders, and I leaned against him, trying the number a final time. The computer processed my information for a moment, and then the next page loaded. “And it works as soon as you get back here…” He laughed, and I added, “Maybe you’re a good luck charm or something.”

“I think I like the sound of good luck charm,” he said with a smile, and I closed the laptop, moving it to the end of the ‘bed’, letting Brian wrap his arms around me. “I’m not looking forward to leaving you at the airport,” he sighed, and I kissed his chest. “Maybe I’ll hang around and watch your plane take off.”

“You talk like there are only a few hours left. We still have a day and a half.”

“Well yeah, but I’m kind of attached to you, girlie. Not gonna be easy to watch you walk away from me so that you can board some plane and go back to your life.” I laughed softly, though not at him. “So. It’s the middle of your second day with me, and this bus ride is going to be awfully long…how do you want to pass the time? I mean, Guitar Hero sounded nice, but then I remembered that I would lose anyway.”

“How about some of this…” I breathed, and I turned his head so that he was looking at me. He ran his tongue along his lips ever so slightly, and I ran my teeth over my bottom lip as I pulled him closer. I heard him release a slow breath as my eyes closed and our lips lingered dangerously close to each other. His roughened hand rested gently on the side of my face, and as I kissed him, I felt his mood change. Just like last time, he pulled me closer, and I let my body rest on top of his, which was a considerable feat, taking into calculation the small space in which we had to maneuver.

My hands slipped down his chest, and he sighed against my lips as my fingertips slid beneath his shirt and made contact with his abs. His hands moved along my side, running over my waist and resting on my hips. I let my lips slowly part, and despite his confusion over the way I was suddenly kissing him, so did he. His flawless body seemed to welcome mine as I unintentionally molded against him, I felt his smooth skin pass beneath my fingertips as his shirt slid up his chest, and he lifted his arms so that it could be pulled from his body.

I was surprised how addicting his lips were, now that he had let me kiss him so many times, and even though in my head, I was trying to figure out why I was making out with Synyster Gates, my body didn’t seem to care, as long as it was being touched the way he was holding me. His lips separated from mine for a moment, and he glanced up into my eyes, a small smile on his flawless pink lips.

“Are you sure about this?” he breathed, running his thumb along the very small amount of skin that was exposed on my torso. “I mean…”

I touched a finger to his lips, smiling down at him. “Will you think I’m a whore?” I asked him softly, and he scoffed. I took that as a no. “What will you think, then?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly.

He smiled a truly breathtaking smile, and his chocolate eyes practically beaming up at me. “I might think that I’m more attached than I should ever be to a woman I’ve known for two days.” Grinning, I pressed my lips to his, and he released a soft breath against my lips. I felt the anticipation build, and we casually switched positions. He was hovering above me, and we were being ridiculously careful not to make it obvious what we were doing.

If I had been some sort of trashy whore trying to ride a rock star and take him for what it was worth, I would have pressed my body to his and immediately started at his jeans, begging for him to pull my clothes off at the same time. I would have parted my lips and forced his mouth open and then shoved my tongue into his mouth, but because I wasn’t a trashy whore, I let things move slowly. He pulled the curtain to his bunk closed, enveloping the two of us in darkness, and he traced his hand along my torso, his fingertips brushing across the button on my jeans.

I heard Guitar Hero blaring from the front of the bus, so I allowed myself a short, nearly silent gasp as his fingers touched the skin beneath the shirt I was borrowing from him. He kissed me again to mask any other sounds that I might make, and he allowed his deftly moving fingertips to unsnap my jeans. I whimpered softly against his lips, my breath catching as he picked my hand up and placed it on his jeans.

There was an awkward surge that spread through my body, but other than that, because Brian was by no means my first time (a boyfriend in high school had gladly taken care of that problem a few times), I was no doe-eyed, clueless young woman lying beneath a breathtakingly beautiful rock star. I smoothly undid the button, and then I slid the zipper down. His tongue drifted across my lower lip, and I lifted my hips from the bunk, letting him slide my jeans down my legs.

“You’re still wearing the pantyhose?” he breathed, toying with the garter. “I thought you would have taken them off.”

I blushed slightly up at the man that was about to claim my body. “I couldn’t figure out how.”
He smiled. “All you have to do,” he purred, touching the snap on the garter and smiling unfairly down at me, “is tug at this,” he pulled slightly, and the snap came undone, “and then slide ‘em right down.” His hand slid down my leg, and so did the stocking. “And there she goes,” he breathed, bringing his lips down to mine and repeating the same thing with the other leg. I chose to say nothing- I simply let him kiss me as his jeans moved down his legs, leaving him in the softest boxer shorts ever.

Somewhere in the mix, I was left in my undergarments, lying beneath the most beautiful guitarist on the planet. My cheeks flushed red, even with his lips attached to mine. I tried not to think about what I was about to do with Brian. I tried to concentrate on the subtlety of his touch and the way he seemed to be more than willing to be gentle with me. His mouth moved rhythmically with mine as I let him coax my lips apart, and his hands placed mine on his waist. His lips pulled away from mine, and he watched the way my eyes interpreted this information.

“Brian?”

He released a slow breath. “Yes?” he breathed.

“I love you.”

He smiled at the words. “Do you really want to do this?”

I nodded, and he smoothed his hand out over my panties. My breath hitched, and I let my back arch ever so slightly. He bent down, touching his lips to my torso, and I let my fingers curl around the soft material of his boxers. I felt a tense breath hide in my throat, and as I exposed something that millions of fan girls would gladly murder to see, he pulled me closer to his body, pressing his lips to my throat and nipping at the skin available. I bit my lip, gripping his shoulders, and closed my eyes as the first few movements ensued.

For endless minutes, I was closer to Brian Haner than any fan girl had ever been.

For this moment that we had together, he was completely mine. Every touch, every kiss, every sensation, was heartfelt. For this moment of ours, there was no one else in the world that he wanted, and there was no one else I could ever imagine being this intense yet so soft with. His lips brushed away the drops of sweat that covered my skin, and his shoulder muffled many of the more disturbing sounds I made for him, sounds that would have surely told the band exactly what we were doing. He gave me his everything, and he accepted what I gave him in return.

For this, Brian Haner was willing to be mine.