Sequel: Beyond the Sun

The Bird and the Worm

fifty four - the friction

“You’re awfully quiet,” she said, breaking a ten-minute silence. I bit my lip, not really looking at her as she took my hand. “What’s wrong?” I sighed, shaking my head. I wasn’t exactly in the mood for talking about it. “Something happened with Michelle then, huh?”

“No.”

The sound of my voice startled her, and I flinched a little, regretting the fact that my tone was probably a little too tense. “What’s wrong, then?”

“It turns out closure isn’t always comfort.”

“Oh.” She thought about this for a moment, stroking my hand and watching the scenery pass by with the quickly darkening sky. “What did you guys talk about, then, if she didn’t try to come on to you?” I glanced over at her, and she seemed absolutely curious about this. She gave me a small smile. “If you can handle talking about it, of course.”

I sighed, squeezing her hand slightly. “For about five minutes, we talked about why she almost jumped from a pier, and then after that, she finally told me the truth on everything.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Everything?”

“Why she cheated on me, why she decided the guy at the bar was more important than me, why for the last few months, there has been complete cell phone silence, why marriage lost its appeal a month before the wedding…everything.” She squeezed my hand, offering a comforting smile. “It just gave me a lot to think about.”

“I’m sure it did,” she said softly, and she leaned her head on the window, biting her lip. “I’m sorry she hurt you, Brian, but I am kind of glad that you know why, no matter how shoddy the excuse may be.” A quick glance over at me, and she made me smile a little more. “If I were her, I never would have left you.” I scoffed, rolling my eyes. “I definitely wouldn’t have let you leave the bedroom.”

I raised an eyebrow at her. “Really.” She gave a hint of a wink. “And why can’t you enforce this now? I mean…we don’t have to leave the house again until Wednesday.”

“Mmm…four whole days. What could we do with four whole days?” We were already on our street, and I could see the lights of our house just a few blocks down. She licked her lips a little, and I could tell that the subject was officially changed- she wasn’t going to let me dwell on all the things I needed to think about until after she’d made me feel better.”I mean, I have a few ideas, but I’m going to need some handcuffs…”

Being a male, it really wasn’t too difficult for me to shift into this new mood. “We do have a few of those, love.”

She licked her lips again, and I was tempted to press on the gas just a little bit more, just to get back to the house only a little bit faster. Three blocks passed much too slowly, and the second the car was in ‘park’ and turned off, Heather had taken hold of the collar of my shirt, pulling me closer and quite convincingly pressed her lips to mine.

Then, both of her hands were on my collar, and one of mine was on her waist while the other rested lightly on her arm.

Just as I was about to run my tongue along her bottom lip, she broke the kiss, swiping her thumb swiftly over her bottom lip and smiling. “Does this mean you’re in a better mood now?” I nodded, and she slipped out of the car, practically slinking out of the seat. “Good, because I have a surprise for you.”

“Okay.”

Like a loyal puppy dog, I got out of the car, walking behind her, her hand loosely holding on to a couple of my fingers, waiting as she fussed with her keys and unlocked the door, letting her lead me inside, kicking the door closed, and then following her up the stairs, to our bedroom, right to our bed. She pushed me down onto the mattress, and then with a wink and a tantalizing ghost of a kiss, she slipped away into the bathroom, picking up the other lingerie that she hadn’t had a chance to wear yet.

I had a feeling that I knew exactly what she was planning, so I pulled my shirt over my head and dropped it on the floor before unbuckling my belts and unzipping my jeans, stepping out of those and kicking them aside before relaxing back on the bed, folding my hands together on my abs, waiting.

When she came out, her hair was messed up, her makeup was a little trashy, and she was dressed to kill- black pantyhose I wouldn’t have to spend more than five seconds on, the red and black undergarments set, a garter belt underneath, and silky black gloves I hadn’t even known she had.

This was ridiculous. She was so close to starting her period, and here we were, acting like we’d been married for two days instead of over two months.

She crawled onto the bed, lightly kissing her way up my chest, flicking her tongue out onto my neck, sliding her hands along my sides, her fingertips barely grazing along my skin, and right before she kissed me, she gave me a smile to die for.

I knew why I loved this woman.

She pressed her body to mine, pushing her hips against mine, and I broke the kiss with a gasp- the amount of friction that had just formed in my boxers was killer. “Christ, love,” I breathed, and she raised an eyebrow. “Do you know what that does to me?” She nodded, kissing my cheek before sitting up, her knees planted on either side of me. “Well, as long as you’re aware, I guess…”

She touched a finger to my lips, laughing a little. “Shush, love. Let me have my fun.” Her hand grazed right over my crotch, causing more…friction… than before, and she tugged my boxers down. “Why’d you leave these on, anyway, huh stud?” I bit my lip as my boxers disappeared, and then she grabbed my wrist, reaching over to the nightstand and picking up two pairs of handcuffs, quirking an eyebrow. “You did wanna have fun, right?”

“For you, I’m up for anything.”

I bit my lip as the first cuff clicked around my wrist and then the other half closed around the headboard. For the first time, I saw a spark in her eye that meant something totally different- there was more than a love for me in those blue eyes of hers, more than just an admiration for my body, more than just an appreciation for the muscles I’d spent years on. She was in this purely for the experience and the pleasure involved- which meant I’d made her personality do a true 180. She was changed. For good.

And for the first time in seven months, it didn’t bother me.

After effectively cuffing my other hand to our bed, she stripped, and I watched as more and more of her glorious body was exposed. The way her torso moved as she arched her back just enough to have access to the back of her bra hypnotized me, and the way her mouth opened ever so slightly as her breasts were freed…well. My reaction matched that of every other husband whose wife had just cuffed him to a bed.

She shifted so that she could pull of the pantyhose, and once that was done, she reached over to the nightstand. More cuffs were produced, and a few moments later, my ankles were pinned as well, and I shifted a little beneath her as she found the perfect position.

“You’re beautiful,” I told her, and she smiled.

“And your body is amazing,” she breathed, leaning forward to touch her lips to mine. “Please tell me we have condoms.” I nodded into another kiss, and she pulled away to reach back over and get one. And then I got to watch, dumbfounded, as she ripped the package open and slid the condom on with her teeth.

Jesus,” I breathed. Who knew that preventing impregnation was so…

I didn’t have a word for it.

But it didn’t matter. Heather had taken control.