Sequel: Beyond the Sun

The Bird and the Worm

fifty five - the love

((Heather’s POV))

Brian enjoyed the handcuffs. He enjoyed the lingerie. He enjoyed the trashy makeup and the way I’d messed up my hair. He enjoyed the smoky eyeliner and the blood red lipstick that wasn’t going to kiss off. He enjoyed the way I’d dominated him instead of him dominating me, and he’d enjoyed letting me take control.

I could tell because of the way he arched his body into mine and pushed his head back onto the pillow, groaning and biting his lip as he tried to fight off release. I could imagine that he might have been frustrated with the fact that he couldn’t touch me, but I tried to make up for that by touching him. My hands moved up his chest, cupping his face if I was kissing him and practically massaging his chest if I wasn’t. I knew I was over-stimulating him, and it didn’t help that I threw my head back the second he hit the spot that made my head go all fuzzy, making me see stars.

All these months of studying his body and the way he used it were finally paying off. All these months of being his quiet, non-controlling, beloved Heather had finally come to an end. I finally felt equal to him when it came to this kind of thing, and I could groan right along with him because I was unashamed of the sounds I would make.

There was no one else here to hear them. Just me. Just Brian. Just us.

And even though I didn’t feel his actual release (I really was doing my best at trying not to get pregnant, but taking him to bed like this wasn’t easy to resist) because it was held back by the condom, I felt the impact because of the way the nature of his body changed. He went from being tense everywhere to being completely loose, and I let him finish up before I got off him, pulling the condom off and dropping it into the trash.

“Fuck, Heather,” he breathed. “That really was a surprise.” I knew exactly what he meant- that was the most…outgoing I had been in a very long time, and I had to admit that I was a little breathless. “I love you.”

It only took me a couple of seconds to un-cuff his hands, but I had to force my muscles to work right so that I could un-cuff his ankles as well. I managed it, though, and he didn’t give much more than a second after they were tossed aside before his hands were on my face and his lips were pressed eagerly to mine. I slid my arms around his neck, and since the both of us were sitting up, I slid toward the edge of the bed, forcing my muscles that were already tensing up to stand.

I almost had the chance to tell him he was an amazing man, but he stood up too, drawing me into another kiss. I wrapped my arms around his torso this time, using his solid body as a sort of counterweight, trying to counteract my temporary balance issues.

When his lips separated from mine, he gave me a sly smile.

“I should probably let you start on that laundry, huh?” I nodded. “I’ll make sure the curtains are closed.” I raised an eyebrow at him, and he chuckled, touching my face. “What? You think I really want to see you cover up that amazing body of yours?” I rolled my eyes. Whatever.

“Help me get these sheets off, stud. I’ll take care of the washing. You take care of the privacy.” He laughed, nodding and kissing my forehead, before he pulled the corners of the sheets from the corners of the mattress and then striding out of the room. He was actually closing the curtains that lined the way to the washer and dryer. Laughing to myself, I gathered up the sheets and the blankets we’d contaminated, and then I carried them to the laundry room.

With Brian’s help, I stuffed everything into the washer, and then he picked me up. Giggling, I wrapped my legs around his waist, stroking his face as he carried me to the living room.

“If anyone calls, I’m not picking it up.”

“Jeez, Brian, not on the couch, do you know how hard it’ll be to wash these cushions?”

“I never said I was gonna try to have sex with you…”

“Well that’s what it seems like- ouch, that’s sore!”

“Sorry, but that one’s not my fault.”

“What will the neighbors say? The rock star and his wife always being so damn loud and all…”

“Fuck the neighbors.”

“Oh that’s real classy, Brian. Fuck the neighbors. That’ll work.”

“I love you.”

He flashed my favorite smile, and my heart melted.

“I love you too.” He gave me a short, soft kiss, and then he stroked my face, the smile still perfectly intact, which really wasn’t that much of a surprise. “Remember that song you wrote for me on the tour bus?” He nodded, kissing my neck. “I kind of forgot how it goes. Isn’t that a shame?”

“Well if you dance with me, I’ll sing it for you, and you won’t have to worry about forgetting it ever again.”

He got up from the couch, extending his hand to me, and once I closed my own hand into it, he helped me up, setting my feet on top of his, like a father dancing with his child. “I feel like a five-year-old dancing with her father,” I said with a slight blush.

“Well.” He touched his lips to my cheek, then to my neck. “You certainly don’t look five, and…” his fingertips brushed along my side, “to the best of my knowledge, I am not your father. Just your rock star husband.” He smiled at the word, and he let his other hand rest on the side of my face. I couldn’t believe how perfect this moment was, despite the fact that the both of us reeked of sex and despite the fact that none of the living room lights had been turned on in Brian’s genius rush to get me on the couch.

A plan foiled by my unconscious need for pure romanticism.

He sang the words to my song softly in my ear, holding me close to his body and moving slowly in small and easygoing circles. My arms rested loosely around his neck, and my head relaxed on his chest, my eyes closed, absorbing this time with him, even though for the last two and a half months, all I’d had was time with him.

If it hadn’t been for the fact that I had more than plenty of sleep in my system, I would have fallen asleep right here in his arms, right in our living room, and he wouldn’t have known because his body was enough of something for me to lean against in order to stay how I was.

I couldn’t even tell that he’d had the shit scared out of him earlier on. I couldn’t tell that the woman he’d once loved had told him exactly why she’d stopped loving him, and if I hadn’t ever met him backstage, I never would have known that he was a famous guitarist that millions of girls around the world wanted to be with like this. He just seemed so…normal.
And it was the most humbling thing that despite all of his fame, all of his money, and his obvious beauty, he still had chosen me as his girlfriend and then as his wife. I, Heather Byrd, the most uninteresting of all my friends, the girl with less sex appeal than every other girl I knew, got to live the dream of millions, and that was insane.

But once again, it didn’t matter. Not here. Not in his arms. I felt too calm and relaxed in his arms to think about all the things that fan girls wanted to do to him, because I’d pretty much just done all of that to him, and he hadn’t made a single complaint.

Fuck. I loved him even more now, and I hadn’t even known that it was possible.

He drew me closer to his warm body as singing changed to humming, and then soon after that, the entire house was silent, void of sound, a gentle music in the silence. He leaned his head on mine, and his rough fingertips slid effortlessly up and down my back. It should have been ridiculous that neither of us was wearing clothes, but I didn’t care, and apparently, Brian didn’t either. He held me as close as he could, and he made me feel so safe and so secure that I actually drifted off until he shifted me in his arms, carrying me bridal style back to our bedroom, laying me softly on our bed.

I could hear the rustling of fabric as he pulled his boxers back on, and he disappeared for a moment, fetching a blanket that he draped over me a few moments later. I curled into the warmth, disregarding the fact that Brian wasn’t beside me, and he softly kissed my cheek, whispering, “I’ll take care of the laundry. Sleep well.”

“Love you,” I murmured, and I felt his hand brush my hair from my face.

“Love you too, sweetie,” he said gently, and then he left the room, closing the door. I didn’t fall asleep again until his footsteps on the stairs had disappeared.

I was probably out cold when he came back, picking me up and moving me down the hall for a few minutes, and then once he’d carried me back to our room, I was laying on warm, clean sheets that smelled like lilacs, and a blanket that was just as warm was laid over me before Brian turned off the light and then crawled into bed beside me.