Not Just Another Cinderella Story

Chapter One

Disney: Birds come into the room and sing Cinderella awake
Fact: I hate birds.


Beep, beep, beep. My alarm clock's harsh alarm went off like a banshee in the morning. I groaned and hit the button, turning the screaming off. I literally rolled out of bed and lay on the cold, hard wood floor. It was five in the morning on a school day. Time for a shower.

Disney: Cinderella has a shower IN her room
Fact: I'm not as lucky


I grabbed my large, soft, orange towel and walked down the stairs to the bathroom. Yes, I do have an attic in the bedroom, but really I'm not locked in there. With a yawn, I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower and heat, I hate getting out of the warm, refreshing shower and being attacked by the cold air. I took a quick shower and dried off. I darted back to my room, covered by a towel. Once back into my room, I turned up the heat and opened my closet doors.

"What to wear, what to wear?" I muttered and ran my fingers over the assortment of clothes. I finally picked to go dark and bright today. I grabbed bright pink skinny jeans, an Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt, blink-182 zip-up, hoodie, sweatshirt, and a black belt. I got dressed as quickly as possible, because the heat was still heating up. I yawned and opened a drawer at the bottom of my closet, I pulled out a pair of knee-high purple socks. I pulled those on, along with my black Converse. I grabbed the bracelets that were on my nightstand and opened one drawer, looking for my pink star earrings. Once found, I put on my jewelry. I would put on my make-up later. One last accessory. My glasses. They were simple and needed. Sure, I could have contacts but I liked glasses, they were cute. Running my fingers through my hair, I walked back downstairs to make breakfast.

Disney: I have two evil step-sisters and step mother
Fact: Its actually an evil step brother and step mother.


I was downstairs, setting the table when Damian walked down the stairs, his blonde hair a mess. Damian's my step-brother, roughly the same age as myself, 16. He grunted a greeting and I rolled my eyes. It was too early for him to be an asshole to me, so this is my favorite time of the day, mostly.

"What do you want for breakfast? I really only have time for eggs, you woke up late. Where's Angie?" I said and not waiting for an answer for the first question, I knew he didn't care as long as he got food. I heated eggs in the microwave, hurriedly.

"Sleepin', I-I-I think," He said yawning in the middle. I sighed and pulled out the plate of scrambled eggs. I pushed the food to him and said, "I've got to go get ready. Tell Angie the eggs are on the counted and to put them in the microwave for two minutes," Damian grunted again and bit into the eggs, like a beast. I rolled my eyes, disgusted and ran up the stairs. In my room, I quickly put on my eyeliner and mascara. My eyeliner would be purple today, I ran out of pink eyeliner last week. I need to get to the mall. Once my makeup was perfect, I walked down the stairs slowly, dreading Angie's wrath for leaving the kitchen table. I entered the kitchen, cautiously. Angie, sat at the table, eating her eggs.

"G-g-good morning, Angie. Did you sleep well?" I stood in the door, afraid to get closer. Angie looked up, glaring. I quickly turned away and grabbed my backpack and purse. "Well, uh, I gotta go to school. Bye bye!" I started to walk away, towards the front door.

"Oh no you don't. These eggs are cold! And don't you back talk. You know I can't work the microwave, get your lazy ass back over here." Angie yelled, her voice sharp. She pushed herself up, the chair scraping against the tile floor. I closed my eyes, in fear. Please not today. Please, please, please. I thought, pleading.Angie stalked towards me and grabbed me by my chin. "Face me when I speak to you!" She squeezed my face hard, her nails digging into my cheeks. Then she let go and slapped me. I was sure my face was red. "Now get to school, you little good-for-nothing..." She trailed off and walked away, cursing me. I quickly ran off, hot tears running down my face.