Not Just Another Cinderella Story

Chapter Two.

Disney: Cinderella lives in a huge castle manor thing.
Truth: I live in a 3 story, white, 3 bedroom (including my attic) house.


I got to the bus stop just before the bus rolled up the street. I wiped away the tears and pulled the hood over my long black hair. This was so no one could see the bruise on my cheek. If they do see it I blame it on the light. I took one last shaky breath and walked up the steps into the bus. I greeted the driver briefly and walked to the back where I knew there'd be an empty seat. I walked to it and was about to sit down when I saw a boy sitting there. Not a boy, persay. But a guy my age. I stood, one hand holding onto the back of the brown seat and stared at him. The bus jerked when it started to move again. I was knocked off balance, yelling out slightly.

I landed and my butt in the aisle, a few kids laughed as I sat there, still suprised. Why was there someone in my seat? Was he new? I quickly stood up and walked back to my seat, dizzily. The guy still sat there, this time he looked up, suprised to see me.

"Uh. Excuse me, but you're in my seat. I mean, I don't mean to be rude..." I said, trailing off. This boy was absolutely gorgeous. Light brown hair that came to his shoulders, choppy as if he cut it himself. His green eyes stared back at me. He stood up and started to move out of the seat.
"Sorry. I didn't know. I'm new so..." He trailed off and stared at my cheek. I pulled my hair over it and sighed.
"Alright then. You can sit with me. I mean, where else are you gonna sit?" I said and pushed him back down. "My names Cinders. You are...?" I seem to be trailing off an awful lot this morning. Must be nerves.
"Oh, uh. Dexter. Dexter Hyatt. I'm in tenth grade. You?" He said, his voice was quiet and silky.
"Same..." I said and turned away unsure what else to say. The bus ride was quiet from there on.

the bus pulled up at the school and I sighed in relief. Here, I wouldn't get much trouble. Well, Damian would be here but there are witnesses so ha. I stood just as Dexter did. I smiled.
"If you ever need some help or anything just ask me. I'm always willing to help," I said to him and then glanced around the courtyard. Where was Ariel? I then saw a fiery red head where we normally hung out. I grinned. I pointed towards Ariel. "I hang out over there, where the red head is, so if you want you can hang out with us," Dexter grinned, muttered a thanks and I ran off toward Ariel.

"Ariel! Hey. You'll never guess what happened on the bus today, " I said, grinning. Ariel looked up and asked what happened. I quickly told her and she laughed, saying I got way too easily excited. "You say that like it's a bad thing!"
Ariel shrugged and the bell rang. She grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa! 4 subcribers! and 12 readers! Oh my God! I'm so happy. Thank you. Don't forget to comment.