Juvenile Delinquent

The Prank gone wrong

My best friend, Jamie, shoots a look at me and gives her typical grin. To anyone else it would look normal, but today it is the signal.

I immediately raise my hand and bounce in my seat as if I really, really had to pee. It was pretty convincing if I do say so myself.

My teacher, Mrs. Conrad, heaves a sigh, "What could you possibly want now, Cassandra?"
I scowl and mutter Cassie under my breath. Every teacher knows that I refuse to answer by it, let alone tolerate when they had continued to call me by it.

Jamie shoots me a hard look that clearly said, 'don't screw this up’. I nod once in reply and turn back to the front of the classroom where my teacher is still waiting impatiently for my answer.

"I really, really, have to-." Irritated, she waves her hand and I shoot out of my chair and to the door, wandering down the hallway. I try not to laugh as I see the red fire alarm at the end of the empty hall. The only sound is my worn black converse slapping agaisnt the floor as I energetically jogged the rest of the way. I check down both ways of the hallway and wati till I'm sure that it's clear.

"Here goes nothing." I mutter and yank the handle down.

Instantly the alarm starts shrieking and the sprinklers gp off, immediately soaking my My Chemical Romance t-shirt and lime green skinny jeans. I let myself grin widely then innocently enter the girl’s bathroom right across the hall.

About thirty seconds later the school erupts into full blown panic mode.

Girls run screaming with their books thrown open over their perfectly straightened hair, guys push each other trying to make the others slip and fall and the teachers huddle in the middle of the pandemonium, trying to keep everyone calm. Stepping into the crowd I put on an, "I'm totally innocent face". I push through the crowd until I find my way to Jamie and my other best friend Matt's sides. Matt leans down because he's like 5"10 and I'm only a meager 5"4. "Jamie told me what you did." He mutters in my ear after checking that any teachers aren't close.

I look up into his face and notice him trying to hide a grin. I nudge his side with my hip and send him flying into the lockers. A teacher glances over at the crash but is too busy trying not to slip to even worry about our safety so she gives us a warning glare. I smirk back. This was fun.

Matt saunters back and rubs his rib cage where he had bounced off of a locker. He playfully punches my shoulder and my feet lose grip sending me careening into Jamie who crashes to the floow. She scowls and throws her flip-flop at Matt's head and helps me up. "Jerk," She says playfully.

Matching each other step for step we walk out the front doors of Mason High School.

Since it is the last day of school it didn't really matter anyway that we were leaving early. And most of the school was already on the front lawn wringing their clothes out. The guys towel whipping the girls and trying to see through the shirts of the unlucky ones that wore white today.

A week later I found myself swiveling in a spinning chair, dying of boredom in front of a judge. Turns out it didn't really mean anything if it was the last day of school or not.

I rest my head heavily on my left hand and attempt to pick off the remaining of the black nail polish on my right. Every now and then I glance up at the judge that stares coldly down at me. As a matter of fact, no one in the room looked particularly friendly today. Maybe it was the weather? But I kind of didn't blame them. I had pretty much ruined most of my high school.

Let’s just say this is the last time any school will have wood paneling and flooring. Oh, and also the ruined textbooks that the girls had used to protect themselves with had all been ruined. It'll cost so much more then my weekly allowance can pay for.

I lean back in the stiff chair and stole a peek at the back of the room where Matt and Jamie were sitting. They both give me weak smiles. I sigh. This was not going to end up in my favor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? (: