Juvenile Delinquent

You look better when I'm drunk?

"You look better when I'm drunk
You look better
You look better when I'm drunk
you look better,

It's the right night to make the wrong moves gotta
bad case and nothing to lose when the
lights out we have an excuse, is this romance
Or is it the juice?

I might be crazy but I think tonight has only begun (gun gun)
Your not my normal type but we can make an exception (on on)

A little less thinking and a lot more drinking
That'll work for me tonight (oh, oh)
When the room starts spinning and we start sinning,
I begin to realize

You look better when I'm drunk
You look better when I'm drunk
You look better when I'm drunk
You look better when I'm drunk
You look better when I'm drunk
You look better ... drunk,
You look better ... drunk,
You look better when I'm drunk-drunk-drunk-drunk"

--

I shoot out of bed and my head slams into the corner of the side table. Looking up I notice Reese standing there and I resist giving her the finger, instead choosing to ask her for an ice pack, which she ignores.

Cursing, I rub the side of my face,"What is your guy's problems?" I mutter, straightening the pink lava lamp I had knocked over.

"You slept for like twenty hours," Reese says, yelling to Ryan to turn the music down, "We were afraid you died."

"A simple, 'hey Cass, are you awake?', would have sufficed." I reply, "Where did you get the music anyway?" I ask, tumbling back under my thick, comfy blankets.

She gestures somewhere in the hallway and I curl back up. "You aren't gonna let me sleep are you?" I ask, sighing.

"No!" Ryan shouts from somewhere else in the house, I glare at the door.

I roll my eyes, "What do you guys have planned today?"

"We wanna go swimming," Chris says coming in and flopping on my bed. I notice that he is already in his swim shorts.

"I'm not really a public pool kinda girl," I warn, getting up and digging in my bag from yesterday. The bikini top is still wet so I wander over to the overflowing dresser drawers that I have already filled to bursting.

"Neither are we," Chris says with a grin.

----

When we got there I look around, "this is a pond." I say, astonished.

"You said you didn't like public pools," Reese reminds me, tugging off her jean shorts and throwing them with her pile of stuff.

"How long did it take you to figure that out, Sherlock?" Ryan asks at the same time.

"Yeah, but I though you would take it as I like private pools." I say, ignoring him and choosing to answer Reese instead.

"And where did you think we were going to get a private pool around here?" Reese laughs, sticking her toe in the edge of the grimy water.

Okay, okay, I do have to give it some credit- it isn't as disgusting as the ponds back home, but still.

"You don't seriously think that I am getti- ahhhh"

I feel a sharp push on my lower back and my foot slips on the wet grass- causing me to fall headfirst into the water that I had just decided not to enter. Lovely.

I didn't even have to guess.

"Ryan, I am going to kill you." I scream, trying to splash him from the pond and yank up my bikini top that had started a quick descent downwards.

I glare at him as he bends over laughing hysterically.

"Cass, you should have seen your face." He cackles, wiping tears out of his eyes.

"It was not funny." I snap, whipping my flip flops at him since I didn't get to take them off before he pushed me in.

"Oh, but it was." He grins and cannon balls into the water. I sneakily swim over to where he went under, waiting for him to emerge. He smiles at me, "Am I forgive-?"

Then I roughly push his beautiful, blond head underwater.

I let him up gasping for air seconds later.

"You suck." He squirts pond water at me from between his teeth and I squeal, slapping my hands at the water at an attempt to get him in his eyes.

"That's disgusting! I hope you get some kind of toad disease!" I squeal, darting under the water, careful to shut my eyes and my mouth, one step away from plugging my ears too.

"Toad disease?" He laughs and splashes me again when I emerge.

I gag as I swallow another mouthful. "Hey lovebirds," Chris shouts from the other side of the pond, "save some flirting for another time." I glare at him.

"You guys are so cute together," Reese coos, darting away as I aim a splash and glare in her direction.

I stick out my tongue at Reese and she laughs, "But you guys are cute together,"

"Shut up," I squeal, trying to dunk her under.

"Ryan and Cassie sitting in an- oof," I cut her off as my hands meet the top of her head and plunge her underwater.

"Not fair," She whines laughing, swimming to the edge where I can't reach her.

"Life isn't fair in love and war." I laugh and tuck my soaked hair into a messy bun. "Or something like that."

"How about you try the rope swing?" Reese dares, wringing out her nasty toad water hair, not like mines any better anyway.

"How about no? I didn't even want to come in the water." I remind her, picking up little pebbles at the bottom of the pond with my feet.

"Yeah, but know that your in here you love it!" Ryan says coming up behind me and lightly tugging on the tips of my wet hair.

"I wouldn't say love exactly." I say laughing.

"Well it's not like you hate it or anything." He says with a wink.

"Well that's exactly what I was thinking." I say.

"Cassie, Cassie, Cassie," Reese starts up a chant, kicking her tiny feet in the water. Little droplets land on my tan arms and I glance up at the rope swing that is hanging several feet above the top of the pond.

"Guys come one, it's not even logical," I whine, trying to speak reasonably, or as much as you can when your heart is trying to dislodge itself from your chest.

"You're not even logical," Ryan mocks in a little girl voice. "Now, are you going to shimmy that cute little butt up that rope or am I going to have to do it for you?"

Now, with words like that who wouldn't?

And that is how I climbed all the way to the top of the rope, swung, hit a rock and laid in the hospital for months with a life threatening concussion.

Just kidding. But seriously, it would have served them right mourning over my bed wondering if I would ever wake up and forgive them for laughing hysterically below me as I dangle frozen on the rope that I had fearlessly climbed seconds before... well sort of fearlessly.

"Guys, get me down." I say, my eyes huge as I look down at the rippling water below. The rope had long ago stopped swinging and I was frozen at the middle of the rope, looking down at my laughing friends.

"Seriously guys, this isn't funny." I say, my hands stuck around the thick rope. Hopefully once I get down my frozen hands will unfreeze and I can use them to wrap around each one of their throats in turn.

"Okay, okay," Ryan says, swimming over to where he can stand. "Just let go and I'll catch you." He says, holding out his arms as if to prove his point.

"You don't get it do you?" I ask, looking up at the sky so I don't look down, "I didn't drop before because I don't want to," I say slowly so he can comprehend, because obviously he hasn't up until now.

"It's not scary if I catch you," He murmurs, loud enough for me to hear but not so loud that the cackling hyenas can.

And so I glance down, untangle my hands, and drop.
♠ ♠ ♠
This has been sitting around for awhile now, sorry about that. But it's up and now I'm off to add a new chapter to my other story, This is a Dream. Check it out, it would mean a lot to me.

Anna(: