Juvenile Delinquent

Creeps

"Chris, we're home!' I shout up the stairs, surprised that he isn't still sitting on the couch in front of the x-box where he had left him. I wait a few seconds for him to answer, then turn away with a shrug when he doesn't.

"Maybe he went out with friends." Reese says, coming in from putting the bikes away. I offered to help but she said it's an art that has to be mastered with time and dedication, that girl seriously has no life.

I shrug and hop over the back of the couch, yelping when I land on an x-box controller, I scowl "Well, at least I can watch tv for once without someone shouting at me to turn on that stupid game." She laughs and throws a pillow at me, "Help me make lunch," She says, leading the way to the kitchen, "I'm starving."

Reluctantly I drag my feet to the kitchen, "Can't you do it yourse-?" I whine. She pushes open the door and my mouth drops open when the open kitchen door reveals faces I didn't think I would see until the fall. "Jamie, Matt!" I scream, racing across the slippery kitchen floor. They catch me in a hug and I squeeze them both tightly.

"Did you miss us?" Matt asks laughing, tugging on the ends of my long hair. I grin at him and tousle the top of his head, "Of course I did, you big goof."

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask scooting onto one of the counters, still stunned to see them so early. When I see Hazel glance over my shoulder I follow my eyes to where she's looking.

"Ryan?" I ask, astonished, "Why?"

He winks, "No reason." I smile gratefully at him before turning back to my best friends.

"When do you go home?" I ask, offering them a drink.

Jamie turns it down but Matt snatches the glass of water from my hand, downing it in a matter of seconds.

"What? I was thirsty!" He whines to Jamie when she shoots him a you're pathetic face.

"We're here for a week!" She says, excited again, hopping onto the marble counter next to me. Matt follows her lead and places a friendly hand on my knee.

Ryan follows his movements with hard eyes and then looks up and smiles at me. "I have to get home," He says and rolls his eyes, "Parents." He pushes open the kitchen door before I can say anything and dissapears into the living room.

I look after him until I feel a push on my lower back.

"Go after him!" Matt insists pushing harder. I glance over at Jamie and she nods her head, rolling her eyes at the same time. "Duh." She adds, but softens the word with a smile.

I hop off the counter and race out the door leaving it to swing closed just as I hear Reese yell, "And give him a thank you kiss!" Followed by giggles from the rest of the clowns.

"Ryan, wait!" I yell, stopping the front door with my foot. He looks back at me, a surprised look on his face.

"Yeah?" He asks, and leans casually on the door frame.

"Thank you." I wish I was good at words so I could tell him how much getting my friends to come really means to me, but he seems to get the idea and nods, "You're welcome." then turns away, heading back out the door.

"Wait!" I cry, hopping down the porch stairs. He stops but doesn't turn around so I contiune until I am standing in front of him.

"You don't know how much this means to me." Then I lean up and kiss his cheek. "Thank you." Then I flash him a smile and move aside, finally allowing him to leave.

Instead he cups my cheek with his hand and connects our eyes, giving me the urge to shiver under the warm summer sun.

Leaning close he places his lips next to my ear, "You're welcome." He whispers and then he sidesteps me and vanishes down the corner of the street.

The sound of whistles startle me from my day dream and I see the three monkeys who I had previously thought were my best friends shoving each other in the front window, trying to all see out at the same time.

"Creeps!" I shout and everyone ducks except for Matt, who doesn't understand what to do. Someone's hand shoots up and yanks him down by the collar, making him yelp with surprise.

I giggle and walk back up the porch and into the house but don't see my posse of goons; probably going through my laptop files.

Sighing happily I call their names and surprise, Liz answers from what sounds like my room. I take the stairs two at a time and pounce on my friends, who were waiting for me on my bed.

"You're in loooveee." Jamie sings and Matt and Liz chime in with their own voices.

And I don't deny it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on revising the other chapters, so until then here's a new chapter! There hasn't been a new chapter for this story in months and months so let me know if you still read this. I'm of to change some things. Oh, and I changed the aunts name! It's Ellie now, so if you come across her old name just ignore it as an act of space case on my accout. (: