Juvenile Delinquent

Bad Enough for You

Three days later and I still couldn't believe I was here. The land was peaceful and cheery as if I had landed on a small corner of the sun. For once I felt like I was home. Instead of in the stuffy city where building loomed over you and smoke clogged your breathing. Promising you lung cancer for the rest of your life.

Memories of my parents eventually evaporated the longer I breathed in the fresh clean air and I could hardly believe that maybe, just maybe, I could quite possibly be here for longer then three months.

I'll misbehave if it turns you on (Turns you on).
No Mr.Right if you want Mr.Wrong (Mr.Wrong).
I'll tell you lies (tell you lies), if you don't like the truth.
I don't wanna be bad (I don't wanna be bad),
I just wanna be bad enough for you.


All Time Low lyrics explode from my cellphone and break the silence that had lain around me just seconds before.

I slip out of my warm blankets reluctantly and pad across the room to the old vanity where my phone lay singing loudly. I had forgotten to turn it down last night.

One glance at the slightly cracked screen and I groan with pent up frustration. So much for peacefulness.

"Hello, Mom." I say, void of any emotion.

"Cassandra? Is that you?" My mom whispers on the other side.

"Obviously. It is my phone after all." I say with a roll of my eyes, at the last second I remember she can't see me. "And Ellie's not in the room so stop whispering."

"Glad to see you haven't lost your attitude yet." She says smartly.

"Mom, everyone's nice, it's beautiful here." I state knowing that's exactly what she was going to ask.

"What about-?"

"Yes, even Aunt Ellie is nice." I sit down on the corner of my unmade bed. "Why don't you trust her?"

"Cass, I have to go. I'll talk to you later." There's a click and then the line goes dead.

"Love you too Mom." I say to the light blue walls.

I toss my phone onto the faded floor rug and snuggle back under the now cold blankets ignoring the growing pain that has formed inside of my chest.

I sleep for three more hours and then emerge from my room to take a shower. The hall is dark and I feel lucky since my hair is in a knot on the top of my head and my shorts and t-shirt are messed up and hanging oddly on my body.

I rub my eyes tiredly and yawn closing my eyes for a second which causes me to run into what I think is a wall. Strange, I didn't remember a wall there. I reach out hesitantly in the dark and touch it. Muscle, and skin, wait a second. I blink and slowly let my chin drift up so I see what I ran into. And I scream.

"Whoa" The dark form yells and takes a surprised step back and runs into an ajar door that flings open. He falls onto his back and I can't help it. I start to laugh uncontrollably and soon he joins in. A disheveled Chris steps out of one of the rooms but leaves with a roll of his eyes since he can't understand what we are trying to tell him anyway.

I help the person up and he flips on one of the light switches so we can see each other. And I can't believe what I see.

A tall guy around my age is leaning lightly on one of the walls and giving me an adorable smile. His green eyes stand out brightly from his evenly suntanned face and his shirtless chest is just beckoning for my eyes to stare at but instead I bravely stick out my right hand.

"Cassie."

"Ryan" He says returning the hand shake.

I chuckle again and freeze. Oh My hair.

I slap a hand on my head and hope he hasn't seen the rats nest that my hair has become.

"Do you um know where the bathroom is?" I shift from foot to foot.

He grins and points back down the hall where he must have come from.

I take off as quickly as I can without it being counted as runinning and his amazing laugh bounces around the walls behind me.

"I like your hair by the way. It's cute." He calls.

I hide my blushing face and close door quickly behind me, realizing that I had been holding my breath the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter goes out to
bookreaderd for the lovely message on Quizilla about my story.

Comment, rate, love? :)
I know it's short! But I did a really long chapter for my Summer Love Story so you should go read that to make up for this being short. I just conned you didn't I? Aha.

Anyway, creative criticism is welcome :)

Redone as of December 16, 2011