Juvenile Delinquent

Rope Course

"This is freaking awesome!" I shriek, when we enter the rope course room. Thick ropes lace across the ceiling making three different level courses. I pump fists with Chris, "I vote on the hardest level!"
-

"I think I'm gonna pass on this one, Cassie" Reese says, gulping down her cherry coke. I yank her away from the table she had been sitting at, "There's no way that you're going to let me beat them all by myself." I exclaim, handing her over to the attendant.

She tries to protest more but I let the worker strap her into a worn leather harness. I figure mine out alone and then give the finger to a slutty worker who had watched me struggle. Laughing, she whispers to her equally slutty friend so I give them both the finger.

--

"Ready, set, go!" A buzzer sounds loudly, and I take off, feeling like a tight-rope walker as I place my feet carefully on the bouncy single rope. I shakily grab the first rope in front of my face and slowly walk myself across, glancing back once to check the others progress. I laugh when I see Reese happily flirting with a worker while hanging dangerously over the ground, obviously she had already fallen.

Next were swinging steps. I step forward and slip on the very first one. Bracing myself to hit the ground, and sighing in relief when I just bounce and hang, my rope, thankfully, holding me to the ceiling. Sighing, I wait impatiently as an attendant slowly makes it to where I'm hanging. He yanks my rope over to a place where I can put my feet down and I start again.

I check back on the boys's progress again and Ryan was now ahead, Chris struggling on the moving stairs that had driven me crazy.

I shouted,"Ninja," and startled, Ryan looks over at me and slips, cursing as his rope held him above the ground. I wave cheekily, and he pouts, crossing his arms as he hangs. Laughing, I forge ahead, stepping nimbly on the shaky planks. I look back at Ryan when I reach the next platform and give him a mocking bow. He's still hanging, waiting for someone to come get him.

I turn away from him and shakily, grab the next thick rope and pull myself up, I make it a foot before I slide to the bottom.

Luckily, my hands catch on a know on the bottom of the rope and so I don't fall, wasting precious butt whooping time. It's like gym class but worse. I snatch at it again and catch it, aggravatingly swinging on the end.

"Aw ay eh aw!" Ryan shouts, making his rope swing. "I'm Tarzan, king of the jungle!" I hear Chris laugh and I grin, still tightly gripping the rope. And then Ryan reaches the top of the rope where a platform the size of a pizza platter is. He balances on it and snatches the next rope out of the air.

Finally, I reach my own platform, and stare at what awaits me. Literally it is like a twisted game of Tarzan.

What you have to do is hang on one rope and swing until you could jump onto the next one. I squeeze the rope and jump, sailing a couple of feet until I can reach the next one. Keeping my eyes shut I let go with one hand, grabbing blindly at the air. My hand connects with a rope and I breathe a sigh of relief as I let the last rope go. I hear Chris shout and I glance back, breaking my concentration and fell. He laughs, "gotcha!"

"You're not even winning!" I yell back.

"Yeah but Ryan is and it's bros before hoes!" My mouth drops and Ryan laughs from somewhere ahead of me.

"That's it!" I shout, tired of waiting for someone to mosey on over and help me, I swing my bare feet and get myself high enough so I can grab the edge of the slippery platform. I pull myself up and grab the first rope, starting from where I had basically fell.

Ryan's only a couple feet ahead of me when he suddenly lunges and slams the palm of his hand into the red buzzer.

---

"Cass, I really am afraid of heights." Reese calls after I touch down on the ground, free of my harness.

"Oh really?," I shout up to her jokingly, "You can do it, Reese. Just shut your eyes and jump."

"I'll die." She replies, hugging one of the beams in a death grip.

"You won't die, just relax. It's not as high as you think it is." Chris yells up to her.

"Honestly, I think it's higher then I first thought it was." She replies.

He shrugs, "Well, I tried."

"Nice attempt," I say sarcastically, "Reese, come on, Chris will buy you ice cream if you come down."

She hesitates and then squeezes her eyes shut, launching herself airborne. For a few seconds she stands on the ground with her eyes closed, and then it registers where she is.

"I'm alive!" She yells dramatically as the attendants unstrap her. Parents look over and snickered at her as she fake kissed the ground. Rolling my eyes, I tug on her arm till she is standing.

"Guys, I think that worker just felt me up trying to unstrap me." Ryan says walking over, snickering.

I guffaw and glance over where he had indicated. Sure enough, the teenage girl winks and waves at Ryan. Chris wolf whistles and I hear Reese gagging behind me. "Boys are gross." She says, "I agree." I reply, pushing Chris out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? (:

Revised December 16, 2011