Our Lady of sorrows

Gerard

Running Away made tears leak from my eyes like poison. My heart was racing it hurt to breath but I did it anyways.

"What have I done, God what have I done!" Baily's face stuck in my mind like permanent paint. I left her, I left her to die. She had feelings for me she had to. That's was the only way to explain that kiss. No one could explain that. I felt something too, I don't know what it meant but my heart started to jump, like my soul was asleep until that moment when our lips collided.

I stopped at the park it was another couple blocks till my neighborhood but I had to give my lungs a break. I looked around, The park was quite and empty and to my surprise a cat lounged on a moving swing. Like spirits pushing its ever easy pattern of up an Downs.

I sat on a bench not fair from the slide and looked out into the night. This side of town was very crime happy in the past few years and the playground looked to be deserted long before that time. I was watching every thing, and every thing was quiet, dark and quiet. Waiting.

I began to think letting the gears in my head loosen to shift out the right of ways. I left running, which must have looked stupid to everyone there. Left my car in the parking lot. Which now has probably been mutated because of the druggies. And Baily was left to be embarrassed and cry her heart out. But then again who's to say she hadn't left the party. Who's to say she didn't run off after me smiling at everyone else making them fall into her naughty plans for exactly the 'place' I was running to. Baily was a straight B student she wasn't dumb and she got into the improve team, in sophomore year. She would find away out of this little puddle yes she would.

I kicked a stray leaf that looked like a face. Had to admit even though I liked the dark, this park was giving me bad vibes.

I got up and straightened my skinny jeans, they always wrinkle at the knees and its really a pain in the ass to fix.

I heard a quick brush of leaves. I froze in place. The hairs on my neck prickled. Run, run, Gerard you bastard RUN! My legs refused to move. RUN! I couldn't run My feet were stuck as if in concrete. I turned my head ever so slowly to where the sound was last heard and quickly turned it back.

"It's just that fucking cat," I whispered confidence to myself. "Just the cat."

There it was again. Louder, closer. . .it was walking. My heart was starting to jump out of my chest. RUN! But again my legs vetoed the command. It was getting closer I could feel the steps quicken its breath hot against the trees. THUD. . .THUD. . .THUD. . . My heart beat matched its step, in harmony. The sky was Too Dark to see a foot in front of you now. The swings and playground were swallowed bay darkness.

"Its getting faster." I hadn't known I'd said it a loud.

Then it jumped out of the bushes opposite me it ran fast on. . .two legs? It was to dark to tell, but the thing was withing walking distance, just past the swing.

Suddenly I heard the steps again, The thing was moving straight for Me. I covered my hands over my face and braced the evil. "This isn't happening isn't happening-"

Then it jumped on me I hit the floor knocking the air from my lungs. I lay ed there gasping for breath! I couldn't feel my arms...fingers, legs anything. But I could feel my heart pumping like mad "Keeping me alive."

It smothered me with what felt like hard kissed all around my neck, a vampire? I knew how to kill one. A wooden stake or a cross. But I had none of that. And would I really want it to kill it...A real vampire, then I would be a vampire.

"Oh, Gerard..." It moaned, It knows my name. I was still as air finally returned to my lungs I filled them as best a could before it pushed me down again.