Our Lady of sorrows

Gerard

The house smell smokey and unclean, The floor was covered in different party favors probably from the last party that wasn't invited to. I looked around the living room/dance floor and really didn't see anyone I knew...nope nobody. I felt very strange standing at a party where I didn't know anyone and I really didn't want to go talk to these people either.

From the fourier this party looked unbeatable but from where I stood everyone just seemed pushed together. Music blared through their heads as they tried to dance in there square foot of room. The smell Became almost unbearable as the scent of pot whirled up in my nose I stumbled away from the dance floor and sat in a bar stool.

A very blond bartender looked up from his current customer and locked eyes on me. I didn't make eye contact. I don't want to know anyone. I decided. His head turned back to there other person he was serving and whispered in their ear.

I looked out on to the deck, It was completely empty, on a night like tonight I would think that everyone would be crowded around the deck jumping into the pool with there nice party clothes, like in that movie...

"It's a wonderful life." I whipped around to see the blond bartender smiling at me. "It's a wonderful life...isn't it?"

I gave him a 'your-creep'n' me-out-look' but he didn't get the picture. His blue eyes weighed down my stare until I could barley look up at him. Was he reading my mind?! No, no fucking way he couldn't read minds!

I still stared at the bottom of my untied shoe lace.

"Well don't just sit there if your not gonna buy anything your wasting time and money! business is business!" He yelled in a happy tone. He grabbed a dirty washrag and whipped down the marble table.

"Oh...sorry I'll take a beer," I started going through my pockets trying to find some money for a drink when I heard a voice behind me.

"Lemme pay..." I looked up to see Baily in a bright baby blue dress. She looked untouched perfect make up that you could tell was done by someone with talent. Her smile was simple and she sat in the bar stool next to me turning her sparkling blue shadowed eyes in my direction.

"Baily you don't have to do that I-"

"Yes I do, Gerard I'm sorry You deserve to know what happened at the skip day." She brushed the table with her gloved hand, Moving imaginary dust from the spotless bar.

I wanted to yell, 'BUT YOU DON"T KNOW MY SIDE OF THE STORY IT BROUGHT 'YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY' TO LIFE!!! but I kept my cigarette hole shut. It wasn't every day I got to hear an apology.

"I really like you Gerard," She stared into my eyes making sure mine didn't look away.

But how could I, was stunned. NO wait More then stunned It was half way between utterly surprised and utterly furious. I wanted Wendy to like me not her brand Ne henchmen!

"But, that's not what I came to say, I came to apologise for my actions that night, I bet I scared you half to death. I didn't mean for it to go that way I don't think anyone did but I'm sorry you had to see me like that." Her voice was almost robotic as the words steadily bled from her mouth. It sounded like a prepared high school speech not an apology It sounded like it was written by someone else. some one who actually wanted to apologise to me. and that was not Baily.