Our Lady of sorrows

Gerard

"Hate to break it to ya Mikey but your the biggest wussy I know." I toasted the slices of moldy bread-of...moldy? Yuck! "MIKEY! What the hell! What happened to the bread!?!"

Mikey shifted in his seat and scratched his nose like a little five year old. I rolled my eyes. Good lord. He fucked up the bread.

Ray tossed another curl over his shoulder, and rolled his eyes straight after me. Like on que we both said "Oh come on!" at the same exact milasecond. But for different reasons of course. Ray's was more of a: Come on, you all are getting on my nerves and my fingers need to feel a vibe from an amplifier! So gentlemen CAN WE PLEASE, GO PRACTICE!

Mine was more like: MIKEY goddamn it!!!! i can't have a good hardy breakfast because you are such a big lard headed son-o-a-bitch! Who has to play with appliances like a FUCKING BABY!!!

Frankie lifted a coffee to his semi-wet mouth and took a swig. "Guys, I know we are at each others throuwghts but hey this is the last stop of the tour so we can just go back to good old New Jersey." Frankie, Frankie, Frankie, always home sick and always the first one to get home and have nothing to do. I had to crack a smile at that one.

"Yeah," Mikey made a noise with his lips, like a farty noise? you know what i mean i can't explain it O.K.! "you don't have to go to the same house as....That!" He pointed at me and puffed out his cheeks. Mikey I will murder you.

Ray sputtered in a attempt at silence, but failed miserably with a half-hysterical laugh. You too Ray. I flipped 'em both the finger like they deserved in a nonchelant way that screamed pose and safistication, Oh-did-I-just-flick-you-off? kind of way. But Ray put his face smack-dab in the coffee cup.

*************************************

Frankie and Ray hit a power cored and slammed the notes like hell was coming. Flipping there hair in unison they looked almost mystical. The crowed tonight was crazy. White faces with black ringed eyes looked at me. stared at me as if I was god.

It fueled me to become the ultimate entertainment. keep your eyes on me, me,ME! I stretched my face to the words and jumped all over the place. This was my safe haven my sanctuary. Nothing could penetrate my love for this. No one can hurt me. But after Cemetary Drive, we had a break and I went back stage.

I grabbed some water from a cooler and drank. Then it hit me. I was off stage I was Gerard again. Just that freaky kid in the basement that drew all day because nobody wanted him. It hit me so hard I was actually crying. Tears streamed down my face like a never ending faucet. I was hated again, I was mortal I was no longer a god.

It was by far the stupidest thing to cry about. pitiful for a rock star to be drowning in his own tears. His own misfortune of the curtain dealings of fate cards. Depression creeps deep into my head and covered my lyrics with black.

"Gerard?" Frankie peeked at me from behind the second curtain. "Gee....are you..."

I tried to wipe away my tears quickly with a sleeve of my $200 jacket. But they kept coming. Frankie hugged me tight. Held me in a way that wasn't Frankie at all. the Frankie that was all love and comfort. he rocked me back and forth, he never asked me why i was crying. he just held me, quieted my tears stood back and told me.

"knock em dead Gee. Send them to hell like you always will."