Our Lady of sorrows

Frank

"AH!"

I woke up in a cold sweat that drenched my bed sheets. I looked around the windowless hotel and saw nothing out of the ordinary. My vision was slowly returning to further accept that fact. I turned to the clock 3:30. To early to 'officially' start my morning and to late to go to bed.

My breath regular intervals returned to pattern after a few moments time. It was hard to think of what the dream you had, you always seem to forget everything. I thought harder but with no success I got up to get some coffee from the lobby.

The Fairmont hotel was better accustomed for rats and insects then a human being. being in one of these rooms would good any sane man a nightmare. I tried to convince my self the dream was completely unimportant. It meant nothing to me. Other wise I would have remembered it.

"Can i help ya sir?" said a man with a think mustache, who look like he was roughly going on 60. His face was pressed with wrinkles and his mouth was no more then a drawn line. His eyes, however, still had the sparkle of his juvenil past. Reminding me that he two had experienced my same loneliness.

"Yes, yes do you know of any good coffee places around here?"

The old man chuckled loud. and smiled with his sparkling eyes and little lip less mouth.
"The only place you'll find coffee around this part of town is cherry hill but, it ain't good."

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. " Where can i find good coffee, I don't care if i have to walk 20 miles."

the man chuckled again. like his brain had told his face a joke and he wasn't going to share the punchline. "Well if you can walk 20 miles in the morning I don't think your in need of coffee." he seemed to get a kick out of this and rattled his fists against the lobby desk.

I rolled my eyes I was dying from a caffiene withdrawal and all this old man could think about was seeing how far i would go without murdering him. I clenched my fists the energy i was saving to pull out the money to buy the coffee was going to be used on this worthless bastard.

He looked up and saw my paranoia, His juvenil eyes went soft with apologies. "There's one in Kingston. Its a good hours walk from here..." He paused to look at me again. "...and if you don't have a car...or rather not walk the bus comes by every so often."

"How often."

"Every three hours no one has actually used it in awhile sir, its more of a ghost train sir." His eyes looked down at his room service button. he wouldn't meet my gaze. his fingers were trembling slightly. but as far as i could tell the temperature in the lobby was well over 70 degrees.

I brushed my fingers across the granite stone of the desk, seemed top be the only, halfway decent piece of furniture in this goddamn insane asylum. "If your trying to persuade me to walking I will gladly do it. But sir you could just say so then-"

"no sir...I was...only joking...but the bus comes every three hours or so...its just well no ones been on that bus for thirty years." The old man fumbled with his lip. he met my gaze only for a millisecond but it was enough to show the pain of past experience. "Not since my Mary died." His face shot up from its resting position on his thin neck and his eyes were back to there simple sparkle again.

So got out on the cold streets in the cold air and flaking snow. HWich reminded me of dandriff. The world was still dark out, or at least me world. birds havent even begun to sing yet and there she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
really sorry about all the spelling errors guys i was in a hurry t write this :-]