Our Lady of sorrows

Gerard

I woke up with that disgusting crust you get on your eyes when you have a really good dream, and an extremely bad tummy ache. My whole body hurt as I got up from Dad's chair to look in the bathroom mirror.

My face looks like crap. It was white (the way I like it!) but my make-up from yesterday was completely smudged all over my face. My hair looked like a tornado hit it. What a mess.

I went upstairs to find some coffee, When I saw Mikey bent over the table fast asleep. I had to say it was the most comfortable I've ever seen him. Glasses bent, and eyes lightly closed. His thumb was right near his mouth and drool poured out of his open jaw. His hair looked slightly tousled with and stuck straight up on his head.

"Sleep tight Mikey." I brushed his hair back and kissed him on the forehead. People thought it weird to kiss my brother that way. But I didn't, he meant the world to me. My one true best friend. He helped me out of everything and well I loved him, Not in a sick 'I want you naked way' but in a family bond that most family never get, because there all running around like crazy people not getting to know there own flesh and blood.

I crawled upstairs to bedroom currently filled with posters from numorious rock bands and some random cartoonists and comic book heroes. I leafed through my drawers for some suitable clothes. I picked up a black shirt with long sleeves and a pair of skinny jeans that fit me just barley without leaving a bubble of extra skin on the top of my belt. (gross I know)

I got dressed and took a leisurely shower. I wrote Mikey I note saying I will be back soon and went out the door. It was a pretty cold day considering it was only September and school had just started 3 weeks ago.

I briskly walked past our normal suburban New Jersey Street, Leaves blocked my path and rock were in my way but the air was clean (for once!) and the trees were beautiful almost beautiful enough to paint. To bad I was more of a cartoonist then I painter I would be pretty much be painting all the time.

"Hey Gerard!" I turned to see one of the neighbor girls waving at me. "Gerard hi! Whats up I haven't seen you since the bonfire in August. How have you been?"

It was Baily. She went to my school and was in my art class. she never talked to anyone let alone me so I thought it quite a surprise when she said hello.

"Um hi-ya Baily. I'm doing alright going to Frankie's. What about you?" I tried my best not to sound so weird but i had a reputation of being weird. Baily was a some what pretty girl if she wore more make up. I know it was mean to say but I think she was way to natural. All the other Girls wore a whole hell of a lot and Baily wore none at all. She never put her wild deep chestnut hair in a pony tail or braids she just let it wild and out.

But today she looked different more cleaned up. She cut her hair that was originally down to her ass up to about shoulder length and wore a form fitting tee-shirt but her average beat up jeans. Some how she looked completely renewed.

"Wicked so um, Have fun at Frankie' s. . ." there was an awkward silence that looked like I wasn't going to fill. Baily sounded like she had more to say but just couldn't find the right words, and besides Frank would be expecting me. "See yeah in art then..."

I took one last glance at the new and improved Baily. "Ya see yeah." Baily looked depressed that she couldn't say what she was going to but quickly put on a semi-happy grin.

I waved one last time and headed off to Frankie's in no time after talking to Baily I spent most of the Morning at Frankie's thinking about her.

"HELLO! GERARD IS ANYBODY HOME!" Frank knocked on my head like a wooden door I almost though would make a clunking sound, he hit it hard enough. "COME BACK TO EARTH GEE WE NEED YOU DOWN HERE!" Frankie was screaming in my ear!

"Ouch okay okay! sorry I was thinking."

"About a girl?" Frankie's eyes got big and round just like the dogs at the pet store.

"Actually yes, Baily Letterman, she lives right across the street couple houses down." I knew that's not what Frankie was looking for but what else I wasn't gonna cough up a lie.

"Ooh, you fuck her or something?"

"No! She just looks different today." Really different.

"Ya if i were you I wouldn't fuck her either. She's hot but. . ."

"But what?" I was curious to know what Frank was talking about, We knew Baily pretty well, Frankie more than me though, she was in 3 other classes with him and I guess they were partners in science or something because they got along well.

"I dunno, she's not my type I guess." Okay heres the deal Frank doesn't have a type he just likes the speiceas 'Girl'. Pretty mutch every girl that turned around, money was on that she was looking at Frankie. And double the money says he was checking her out to.

"Shut-up Frank! you probably did her while you were high or somthing" I laughed and slapped his back.

"Hey I'm not on Drugs!"

I pulled out a skittles bag. "Wanna bet?"

"Hey man gimme my skittles This is so bad! GIVE ME!"

I laughed as Frankie tried desperatly to grab the skittles from my hands he was so so so much shorter than me. So I laughed even harder knowing he would probably never get the skittles.