Our Lady of sorrows

Mikey ( take Advice from BOB!)

I wiped my eyes of the tears I was crying. I don't know why I was crying I just did. It was pretty normal for me, For the past month I've been crying every day. I took a towel from the cupboard and wiped my red blotchy face.

I looked at my self at that second not knowing who I was looking at. My face was red and swollen and my eyes were dark with tears. Who I am I? I certainly wasn't looking good.

"Honey time for school! Where are you!"

Oh crap! lucky Gerard it was senor skip day. But I wasn't aloud to come to Frankie's house, not fair Frank was my age!

"Michael! Get down here!"

"Coming Mommy!" I wiped my eyes one last time and told myself to stop crying and being a baby about life because it wasn't getting me anywhere fast.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mikey you don't look so good are you alright?" Bob looked at my face making sure I didn't miss his stare. "Did you cut?"

"NO! God no! Bob I'm not emo!"

Bob shrugged and fixed the back pack on his left shoulder that seemed to slide every second faster down his arm.

"Mikey I care about you man, I don't want my buddy to. . .well be like suicidal or anything. I see ya in the bathroom sometimes Mikey, its not healthy to cry like that."

"I know, know!" I sighed at looked up at the other kids that were eating at our table. They didn't look interested in my problems, but just to make sure.

Bob finally gave up pulling on his back pack and slammed it on the ground. "Mikey have you told your Mom-"

"No,"

"Well you have to tell somebody! Mikey your gonna be a complete mess! At least tell Gerard. He's your brother and you guys have been through the worst. You live in Belleville for god's sake."

"What's that got to do with the 'worst'?" I took a sip of my smoothie. It tasted like something died in a cup but if I didn't eat Bob would think I went anorexic or decided food was for the living or something outrageous like that.

Bob turned away and shrugged, his newly cut blond hair covering his right eye.

"I dunno M.J. just. . .get some help. Okay! Your scaring me." Bob didn't even look at me as he said this but as soon as he said it I could feel regret in the room. Bob took his back pack and with out saying good bye headed off to class without me.

"Bastard." I mumbled under my breath so the other kids couldn't hear what I was calling my only friend.

But I thought about what Bob said and I went to the school counselor's office. I stood in front of the door for 5 minuets before I got enough courage to step inside.

"Hello." I said slowly as I opened the door. It creaked a little sending the lady at the desk to turn her gaze suspiciously towards me.

"Can I help you?" She lowered her glasses to the tip of her nose and tipped her chin down ward, as if she could see me better without her glasses.

nervously walked into the room, trying not to meet her eyes. " Um, ya can I see um," Gosh I sounded so small. "Ah Ms. Wailers."

The lady looked at me one last time, with a raised eyebrow she turned to a calendar on her desk. Probably thinking I was gay or had not hit puberty yet. I literally sounded like a mouse.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, Do I need one?"

She took off her glasses and slammed it on her desk. I shuddered a bit, but I was a little bemused at her rash actions.

"What do you think haven't you ever been here before?!"

Wow, she got scary quick. Really quick. "Ah no. But its really important. My friend said i looked bad and have been acting stange and stuff."

The lady rasied her eye brow again, must have been her signiture move. "And stuff?"

"yah stuff. Like I'm crying alot."

The lady kept her death stare on me and grabbed the phone with out blinking. pressed the buttons and started mubeling somthing into the phone. After awhileh she hung up and sat back in her chair her eyes never leaving mine. It made me very uncomfortable.

"You have a death in the family?"

I was startled that she actually said somthing it was silent for so long, or what seemed so long, that I forgot she asked me somthing."

". . . Oh,OH no, No nothing like that. . . I hope," I blushed at the end because maby I said a little to much. I should have just gone to class.

The lady's eyes widdened and she nodded twords the door. you can see our new consolour in trainging if you feel the need. Ms. Wailer Is working with some other students today."