I'm Not Afraid to Say I Still Miss You

I'm Not Afraid to Say I Still Miss You

Disclaimer: I do not own Blink 182. I don’t own +44 or Angels and Airwaves. This never happened, is probably never going to happen. We can all pretty much give up hope that Blink will ever get back together. *tear*

I’m Not Afraid to Say I Still Miss You

Tom really didn’t know why he was here. David had told him about the performance tonight, standing across the hotel room as if he were afraid Tom would punch him for dare mentioning it. Okay, so the last time David had brought up Mark and Travis, Tom had decked him. But that’d been a long time ago and Tom had moved on. Really, he had. He’d moved past Blink.

So why in the hell was he here?

With a sigh, he just pulled the hoodie he wore tighter around himself and adjusted his hat so it sat lower on his head and pushed towards the front. He really didn’t expect to get that close, but within minutes, he was just two rows back, standing right in front of where Mark would stand in just five minutes time.

What the fuck was he doing here? He still had time, he should just leave. Just turn and shove through the mass of the crowd, leave the swelteringly hot venue. He could leave and forget he’d ever been here.

Except he wouldn’t. He knew he wouldn’t. He’d regret leaving. He’d think about standing here, about what could have happened.

Swallowing hard, Tom shifted nervously. The crowd was becoming anxious. He missed that. He missed how insane the crowd got before Blink would hit the stage. He missed watching the mosh pit, missed hearing the fans screaming out the lyrics.

Airwaves was different from Blink. Tom had done that intentionally. He knew no matter what he did, it wouldn’t compare with Blink, couldn’t live up to it. So he had to sound different. And, yah, they had some awesome fans. But it wasn’t the same. It wasn’t the sellout shows and the kids standing in line for hours upon hours.

The lights went out and the crowd screamed. Tom remained very still, watching as the four members of +44 hit the stage. Travis slid behind the drums; Mark slid the strap of his bass over his shoulder. While Tom was aware of the other two members, he didn’t even glance at them. He stared straight ahead at Mark.

Mark adjusted his mic and grinned out at the crowd. His eyes landed right on Tom and a look of utter surprise crossed his face. Clearing his throat and trying to regain his composure, he greeted the crowd and launched into a song.

Even after all these years, it was still unbelievable to watch him. He still loved the music. You could see it in the way he smiled as he sang. Tom wondered if he still smiled when he sang. He didn’t think he did. He probably hadn’t since the last time he’d been onstage with the two before him.

God, he missed them. He missed fucking around, acting stupid with Mark. He missed laughing until he cried with Travis. He missed all the stupid shit they did. But mostly… He just missed them.

The show continued and very rarely did Mark’s eyes leave his. Tom knew the set list they usually played, knew that eventually they’d play “No, It Isn’t”. He knew that if listening to that song from the speakers of his stereo made him cry, that watching it live was going to kill him.

Between songs, Mark circled around and whispered something into Travis’ ear. Travis’ eyes widened and he jerked his head around, staring straight at Tom. He nodded and Mark ran over to another member, Craig Fairbaugh. He nodded slightly and Mark ran over to tell the last member, Shane Gallagher. He nodded as well, somewhat reluctantly, it appeared. Mark returned to his mic, smiling beautiful out at the crowd, eyes locked with Tom.

“Usually, right now we do “No, It Isn’t” and I’m sorry for anyone who’s looking forward to that song. Instead, Travis and I have something we want to say to someone in the crowd. An old friend of ours.”

Tom laughed when the beat began, mostly because it was either he laughed or he cried. His fingers itched for a guitar. He wanted so badly to play along.

Hello there the angel from my nightmare
The shadow in background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
Where you can always find me
And we'll have Halloween on Christmas
And in the night we'll wish this never ends
We'll wish this never end

Where are you and I'm so sorry
I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
This sick strange darkness comes creeping on so haunting every time
And as I stared I counted the webs from all the spiders
catching things and eating their insides
Like indecision to call you
And hear your voice of treason
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight
stop this pain tonight

Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head
Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head
Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head
Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head
Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head
Don't waste your time on me your already the voice inside my head

I miss you miss you
I miss you miss you
I miss you miss you
I miss you miss you
I miss you miss you
I miss you miss you

Tom smiled and nodded as they finished up the song. Mark grinned at him. “I miss you, Tom.”

“Miss you, too, Marky.” Tom called out. They stood silently, smiling at one another. The crowd around them was silent.

Tom turned and walked away. He left the venue, leaning up against the brick of the building outside.

He was glad he wasn’t over Blink… Because maybe he hadn’t lost his best friends after all.

The End

A/N: No idea where this came from. Seriously, none. Anyway, hope you liked.