How can I still love him now that I know I have to?

Maxwell's room

Somewhere between being at Silver’s house and going Maxwell’s house, I fell asleep. I awoke to find myself in what I assumed was Maxwell’s bedroom. The bed I was laying in was so comfortable, it should be illegal. It had a beautiful blue and black bedspread that made me want to steal it when no one was looking. I rolled over onto my back, which was a big mistake because I was sore all over. My head felt like it was going to explode at any second from hitting it on the window and crying. I began rubbing my head in attempt to make the pain go away when I felt a bandage on the top right corner of my forehead. Maxwell’s room was kind of creepy, but yet I felt safe. His walls were midnight blue and the carpet was ebony. I looked over at the door to see Maxwell standing in the door way with his hands tucked in the pockets of his faded blue jeans. His forest green shirt fit just right so that his muscles were outlined enough to let people know he had a nice body. However, it was tight enough to cause extensive drooling. I subconsciously wiped the corners of my mouth.
“How are you feeling?” he asked me, trying to hide his concern. I gave a half-hearted attempt at a smile.
“I’ve been better,” I responded as he sat down next to me on his full sized bed. I looked around his room from the mahogany book shelf loaded with books to the desk with the expensive computer. My gaze finally settled to Maxwell. His shaggy, charcoal hair hung across his forehead. My eyes met his Forget-Me-Not colored eyes. His hand brushed my hair out of my face. He smiled down at me.
“I’ll go tell Silver you’re awake,” he told me as he stood up and walked out. As he was leaving, I tried so desperately to not check out his butt. A few moments later, Silver ran into the room looking like a jungle woman. Her dirty blonde hair was all messed up and her blue grey eyes were filled with worry.
“Hey. I’m so sorry. I should have listened to you. I was such an idiot. And how I ignored you all the way to my house. When Maxwell brought you to my house I just…” she rambled until I held up my hand to stop her. She fell silent and stared at me.
“I’m sorry I said those things to you,” I apologized to her. She leaned over and gave me a hug. Then whispered in my ear, “Maxwell has been freaking out! He’s been playing it cool, but I can so see though it!” We both laughed as Maxwell walked into the room.
“I’ll give you two some privacy,” Silver told me and she walked out of the room.
“Hey, what time is it?” I asked in alarm and sat up. Maxwell informed me that it was 11:30 P.M. and I sighed. “I need to go home! I have to take a shower and… oh! I have an English essay due for Mr. Kingston! I’m not nearly done! Plus I have another paper due for…” I didn’t get to finish because Maxwell pressed his warm lips against mine.
His lips lingered there for a few seconds and right when I decided to kiss him again, he pulled away.
“What was that for?” I asked him, tilting my head to the side like the really cute puppies.
“To get you to shut up,” he replied. I grabbed the closest pillow and hit him upside his head.
“You know you liked it!” I declared in defeat and went to hit him again with the pillow. He grabbed the pillow with one hand and tickled me with the other. He finally stopped when I threatened to pee in his bed. “I really should be going, though.” I threw the covers off of me and went to stand up when Maxwell grabbed me by my waist.
“Not so fast,” he said, picking me up. I rolled my eyes at him.
“C’mon!” I said, squirming in his arms. He looked taken aback and he set me down. I straightened my clothes and headed towards the door.
“How are you going to get home if your car’s totaled?” he called after me. I froze in my spot, sighed and turned around.
“Would you please take me home?” I asked in the sweetest voice possible and batted my eyelashes.
“Hm. Let me think about it………..nope!” he decided.
“Okay, I’ll walk,” I said, like it was no big deal.
“Okay, okay!” he laughed. We went and met Silver, Alexander, Anthony, and Maxwell’s parents in the kitchen.
“Sky, I don’t think you’ve met my dad. Dad, this is Sky. Sky, this is my dad, William,” Maxwell introduced us and we exchanged our polite hello’s. “Well, we better get you two home,” Maxwell announced.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe.
I like this chapter.
I hope you guys like it.
:DD
Comments?