Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Eleven.

I was sitting on my bed with my phone pressed against my ear as I listened to Cassie gush about how amazing Jeff was, and I have to say that I’m a little jealous Shaant isn’t like that.

“Anyway, Jeffy——” I gagged silently, “Told me that you and Shaant met up last night. Want to tell me about it?”

“Not really,” I said harshly. “He’s just being the asshole he is.” Cassie sighed from the other line and I imagined her rubbing her face.

“Annabelle, I think you’re wrong about him,” she told me. “And he’s sort of right about you. I know you aren’t a bitch, but that’s how you’re acting.”

“What the hell?” I asked defensively. “You’re turning on me now too?”

“I’m not!” Cassie exclaimed. “I’m just saying, maybe you could give this all a shot. Shaant and Jeff’s band is playing a show tonight, you should come.”

“Do I have to?” I asked.

“Yes,” she replied quickly. I sighed.

“What should I wear?”

***

Cassie and I stood off to the left of the stage, watching the boys and two others we didn’t know play. I had decided on ripped jeans, a pink plaid shirt, pearls and black heels. My hair was sort of tied back. I watched silently as Shaant really made something of himself that made me not want to hate me.

At the end of the show, Cassie pulled me over to the boys. She jumped on Jeff, smothering him in kisses. Shaant looked from them to me.

“Annabelle?” he asked, surprised to see me. I waved at him, sort of glaring at him.

“You guys were good,” I said quietly. He smiled shyly, making me feel that same way I did that day in my room.

“You think so?” he asked. I nodded.

“Shaant! Hot chick!” one of the other guys shouted at us. Shaant glared at him.

“Her name is Annabelle and she’s the girl I’m marrying,” Shaant informed.

“Whatever! Party! You in?” the same guy asked. Shaant looked at me, and I nodded.

“We’re in,” Shaant called.

***

I clutched the red plastic cup, downing what had to have been my fourth beer. Shaant clung to my waist, giving guys looks as they looked at me.

“Shaant,” I slurred. He looked at me, raising his eyebrows.

“Yes dear?” he asked, knowing I was drunk enough I wouldn’t start screaming. I bit my lip, looking at him.

“Let’s get out of here,” I suggested, dropping my empty cup on the floor. Shaant looked around before he nodded at Jeff and led me out to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is her outfit. I found a nifty new site and...yea. XD