Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Fourteen!

"Cassie what the hell are you letting me do? What the hell am I thinking?" I groaned.

"I dunno," she mumbled as she turned the page of my latest Cosmo magazine.

I sighed in anticipation. Shaant and I are hanging out today, for the first time since our "truce" or whatever it is you'd call it. I'm not dressed, I'm not mentally ready, I'm not ready period!

"I can't go," I whined, "Shaant is still that same stupid, arrogant, jackass he's been since the first day I met him!" I spoke the words but the note pressing against my chest reminded me that Shaant isn't just an arrogant jerk.

"Yeah," Cassie mumbled.

I stood up and closed the door of my closet and glanced around. I found a pair of white skinny jeans and slipped them on with a navy cami. I came out of the closet and put on my flip flops and picked up a yellow jacket when I got my purse and cell phone.

"Well, thanks for all the help Cass, I'm going to go to my death now!"

"Uh huh."

I screamed and slammed my door behind me in frustration.

"Whoa what's with you?" Andy asked catching me so I wouldn't fall from walking right into him.

"Cassie is too busy reading Cosmo to find new ways to pleasure Jeff to calm my nerves," I yelled, loud enough for her to hear.

"HEY!"

That gave me a slight satisfaction.

"Why are you nervous?"

"Because he's a jackass and I don't want to go!"

The doorbell rang, signaling the end of my tirade, "Too late sweetheart."

I hugged Andy and ran to the door.

"Hey," Shaant said smiling at me when I opened the door.

"Hello," I smiled.

"Fake it a little more sweetheart," he said taking my hand and leading me to his car. I couldn't come up with anything in reply. No guy had ever called me, or anyone else for that matter, out on faking a smile.

"You should know by now that I notice little things," Shaant said a little bit down the road.

"Yeah I should," I agreed.

"So where would you like to go?"

"Anywhere," I muttered, uncomfortable.

"Okay," Shaant laughed.

"So what are we doing?"

"We're driving around until you decide where you'd like to go," Shaant replied.

"I don't want to choose," I exclaimed.

"Well I don't know what you like so I'm not dragging you to something that you'll bitch about later!"

"Could you be anymore of an ass?" I snapped.

"If we spend too long together I might. I'm pretty sure you haven't reached full bitch potential yet though so I think we're good for awhile," Shaant replied.

"I don't know why I agreed to hang out with you."

"I don't know why I asked. We're not going to get anywhere unless you loosen the fuck up," Shaant said looking at me. "We both got forced into this situation and it can be a miserable marriage or it can work but the matter is it isn't a choice. But we're not going to get along until you loosen up and get rid of the fucking walls you've got built sky high for some reason."

"Look at the road," I screamed closing my eyes.

"Shit!" Shaant made a sharp right turn to avoid plowing into the truck that honked furiously at us as he went by. He pulled onto the side of the road and turned his car off.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I burst into laughter, crazy and unable to stop myself. Shaant looked at me like I was crazy but burst into his own laughter soon enough. We sat laughing for a full ten minutes until we finally calmed down. I turned on my side to look at Shaant.

"Do you always get such a kick out of meeting near death?"

"No, only sometimes," I teased.

Shaant laughed, "Oh alright. So how about I take you to lunch and then you come to my show tonight?"

"Sounds perfect," I replied without a second thought.