Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Sixteen!

"Hello?" I groaned into my phone. People have gotten into a habit of calling me in the morning and waking me up. I wish they would stop.

"Good morning," Shaant greeted me cheerfully.

"Hi," I mumbled.

"What are you doing?"

"Sleeping."

"Get up," he demanded.

"How 'bout no," I snapped. I am not a morning person at all.

"Well I mean, you don't have to. I'll be at your house in about twenty minutes either way," Shaant said.

I screamed and hung up on him. I got out of my warm paradise and stumbled over to my closet. I picked a pair of white shorts and a blue flannel shirt. I went in to the bathroom and did my makeup quickly, brushed my teeth, and got dressed.

"I'm glad I took a shower last night," I sighed. I walked back into my room and picked up my phone, then went downstairs to wait for Shaant. I found a note saying Andy and Mom and Dad had gone out shopping.

The doorbell rang, "Come in!"

"Hello," Shaant said smiling cheekily at me.

"Hello," I mocked his smile with a scowling one of my own.

"Don't be a pouter. I'll make getting up worth your while," he laughed and pulled me into a one armed hug.

"What's in your hand?" I asked standing on my tip toes to see over his shoulder.

"Nothing. Just go make popcorn and get drinks," Shaant replied. He pushed me towards the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and went along anyway. Arguing would get us nowhere and I'm supposed to be working on not pushing his buttons. I pulled the popcorn into a big blue bowl. I salted it and poured butter on it. I grabbed two water bottles and brought them into the living room. I heard the familiar words of Girl by The Beatles being sung.

"Shaant I love this movie," I shouted. I threw the popcorn and water on the table and jumped on the couch. Across the Universe is my absolute favorite movie.

"I know. Andy told me," he said smiling. Shaant set beside me and pulled me against his chest. I initially stiffened.

Do I really want to be this close to him?

"It feels so right now, hold me tight, Tell me I'm the only one. And then I might, never be the lonely one. So hold me tight, to-night, to-night, It's you, You you you - oo-oo - oo-oo. Hold me tight, Let me go on loving you, To-night to-night, Making love to only you, So hold me tight, to-night, to-night," Shaant sang along in my ear with Jim Sturgess and Evan Rachel Wood.

Oh yeah, I wanna be this close to him.

***

"I adore this movie," I sighed once it ended. Shaant has sang all the songs in my ear, I even sang along with some of them.

"Good. I thought this would be a pretty good peace keeping event," Shaant chuckled.

"It was. So it's only noon. What are we doin' now?" I asked. I laid down so my head was on the arm of the couch but I remained in Shaant's lap.

"You still want to be hanging out with me?" he asked, surprised.

I laughed, "Yes I do. Now what are we doing Mr. Hacikyan?"

"Well if you want honesty, I have-"

"That's all you had to say," I sang, interrupting him.

Shaant laughed, "You are such a dork. Anyway, my band has a show. So I have to do that and you can totally come. Jeff's asking Cass. But uh, there's a minor catch," Shaant laughed.

I laughed as well, "And that would be?"

"The show is in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina."

"Oh," I laughed, "I see. Well I'm an adult. I want to go," I said smiling.

"Ya do?" Shaant asked smiling also.

"Yeah. Come help me pack!"

"Alright, your parents and Andy should be home by then so you can tell them and we can hustle to Jeff's and get in the van. I'm already slightly behind schedule."

I turned and looked at him confused, how does he know when my parents will be home?

"I might have gotten Andy to get everyone out of the house," he grinned.

I laughed, "Good thinking."