Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Eighteen!

I think I'm going to paint my windows black... I seem to have problems closing the blinds. That way the sun will stop waking me up!

I moved around, putting my head under my pillows.

But the more I moved around and became conscious I realized the blankets had that slightly rough feeling, that distinct hotel feeling.

I jumped up and realized I am in a hotel room alone.

"Oh no," I squealed, jumping off the bed.

"Oh," I screamed, falling forward.

"Oof!"

Whatever I stepped on wasn't stable and has sent me flying forward. I landed in front of the small table in the room, bumping my head on it.

"What's going on?"

I looked up while rubbing my head to see Shaant standing up, running a hand through his already disheveled hair and holding his side.

I guess I stepped on him there.

"Sorry... I freaked out because I didn't know where I was and... Yeah... Sorry I stepped on you," I blushed.

"It's alright," he laughed, pulling me up and into a hug. I calmly returned the hug but on the inside, totally NOT calm! He doesn't have a shirt on and here I am hugging him!

"You fell asleep at the party last night. We decided it'd be cool to stay for a week since none of us really have anything going on. Jeff and Cass got the rooms and they thought it would be cute to put us in a room with one bed so I just got some extra pillows and blankets from the front desk and slept on the floor."

That is surprising. I don't really take Shaant as one for being considerate.

"You didn't have to do that," I laughed.

"The last few times I've woken up next to you have ended very badly for me... I wanted to play it safe."

I laughed and looked away from him awkwardly.

"Awh you're cute when you blush."

That only made me blush even more!

"What do you want to do today?" Shaant asked.

"For starters I want to eat... And maybe shop since I don't have anything with me. A swim suit would be radd... Clothes in general would be radd."

"We can do that my lady. Come on, we'll go eat and then see if Cass and Jeff want to shop. On second thought, I'm sending you and Cassie to shop."

"Shaant," I whined, surprising if not him, myself. I was suddenly finding myself wanting to be with him more than apart.

"Annabelle," he mocked.

"Jerk," I said, shoving him.

"I'm going to get you!"

I squealed and took off running down the hall way, trying as hard as I could to escape his long legs. I turned suddenly and ran down the stairs. By the sound of it he didn't come this way.

HA!

I opened the door, looking behind me and walking into something silent.

I looked up and saw Shaant grinning and let out a loud scream that made Shaant jump back.

"Sorry love," he laughed.

I smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the breakfast room the hotel offered.

"You two are in good spirits this morning," Dave commented when we sat down.

"I'm always in good spirits," I replied.

Cassie laughed when the boys scoffed, "No she really is when we're at the beach."

"So all it takes to make you happy is the beach?"

"And clean clothes and food," I nodded.

"Clothes will be taken care of shortly."

"What?"

"That's right Jeff, you'll have to un-glue your lips from Cassie long enough for them to go shopping since we didn't back. I figure it will take them longer so we can just go on our on."

"Good plan, I hate girl shopping," Jeff nodded.

"Let's go before I stab Jeff with my spork," Cassie said, standing. I laughed and grabbed my toast to go.

"Bye boys!"