Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Twenty Eight!

"Alright Annabelle, I've had enough."

"Oh shut up," I said, rolling my eyes at my older brother.

"No I am not! I'm leaving to go back to college tomorrow and I'm not leaving with you just withering here like a stupid prune. Snap out of it and get yourself together!"

"It's not my fault," I snapped.

"No, actually Annabelle, all of this is your fault. Maybe not the wedding being stopped but the reason Shaant isn't in your life is because you cut him out of it. You told him to stay away. You-"

"Fuck off Andy," I growled, getting out of bed and walking right up to my older brother, "You don't know anything about it! You don't know anything about love unless it is of the platonic sort! You're too busy making you way from bed to bed and leaving before the sun is up and making your mad conquest across the campus of Berkley! You're too busy getting some to focus on any goals, not that you have any ambitions anyways," I shouted every word my parents had muttered about for years to my older brother who looked down at me, shocked.

The shock left quickly enough though, then came the hurt look in his eyes and a semi drop back down to reality for me. I wanted to tell Andy I didn't mean any of the horrid things I'd said, but I also wanted him, and everyone around me for that matter, to hurt as much as I do! I want him to get the point. I want everyone to just leave me alone!

"Andy-"

"No, it's fine. Bye Annabelle," Andy said cooly. Without another word Andy left my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed and laid back down on my bed. We'll just make up before dinner so I'm not going to worry about pointless things.

***

"Annabelle, dinner time!"

I sighed and got out of bed, tossing my laptop on my bed and walking down the stairs two at a time. I walked into the kitchen, Mom and Dad were at the table along with Cassie and to my surprise, Jeff.

Jeff didn't look at me, Cassie smiled at me, and Mom and Dad did too.

"Where is Andy?" I asked, sitting down across the table from Cassie.

"He left early for Berkley, he said he wanted to spend a few days with friends hanging out before classes began again," Dad replied.

I frowned, unsure of what to think. I put food in my mouth while Cassie and my parents began talking. I discretely pulled out my phone and set up a text to send Andy.

'Why did you leave early??'

"Annabelle, put that away at the table," Mom snapped.

I just sighed and put my phone up. Mom and Dad told us about their plans for going on vacation since Andy left for college. They mentioned me finding something to do with myself, but I hardly paid enough attention to listen to their suggestions. All through dinner I was like a zombie, hardly paying any attention to the conversation. Jeff spoke to Cassie and my parents, but the entire time he didn't even look at me.

I pulled out my phone again to check my texts, still no reply from Andy. I looked at my sent and saw that he had read it... So he didn't answer me purposely.

"Annabelle!"

"Will you leave me the fuck alone?" I snapped. Andy not answering me was the one catalyst it took to finally fully push me over the edge that I'd been teetering on since the wedding.

"Excuse me?!"

"I said leave me the fuck alone. The two of you are half the reason I'm such a mess now! Arranging a marriage for me and then canceling it! Controlling every aspect of everything! I'm so sick of it!"

"Annabelle, calm down," Cassie whispered.

"No I'm so done with being calm and just taking it all!"

"I suggest you lower your voice and just speak than young lady," Mom snapped.

"I think you need to stop being a bitch and making everyone else as miserable as you are," Jeff said, for the first time of the night speaking to me.

I flipped him off and folded my arms across my chest.

"This is a good time to tell you Annabelle, while your Mother and I are gone to Europe you are to go out and find something to do with yourself. A job, anything. It's time you get out of the house and get independent," Dad said with a smirk, clearly amused by my outburst.

"What do you mean?!"

"I mean instead of doing what we want you're going to do what you want. Starting tomorrow bright and early. We'll be leaving at eight in the morning so will you. Shortly after someone will be coming to change the locks on the house and you won't be able to get in until we are home in a month. You have your car and the money in your account. I suggest you start planning and packing tonight."

"Are you fucking serious?!"

"Yes, completely."

My jaw dropped and I looked at Cassie who was as equally shocked as me.

"Come on, I'll help you plan and pack," Cassie whispered.