Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Thirty-Six!

Alex was sitting on his legs a foot or so away from the rest of them, clutching his face. I bit my lip, grabbing John's arm and pulling him back.

"Stop," I snapped at him. "Go get Alex ice or something," I demanded. He gave me an 'are you crazy' look and pulled his arm out of my grip. I grabbed onto his arm, digging my long nails into his flesh. He made a face before nodding. I let go of him, going to grab someone else.

Then, all of a sudden, there was something solid connect with my face and the force sent me to the ground, knocking my head against something hard. I groaned, curling up into a ball, cradling my jaw.

"Annabelle?" A voice sounded extremely soft. Not as in gentle, as in far away. "Annabelle?" Then...there was nothing.
_____

When I came to, it took me a minute to get a hold of any of the senses around me but slowly, it all began to sank in. There was beeping....and talking. Just one...quiet voice.

"Shit, Annabelle," the voice whispered, and I felt a hand stroking my arm. "You shouldn't have been there. It really kills me to see you like this. Whether you believe me or not, I love you." The voice sighed and the hand stopped over mine. I groaned a little, struggling to open my eyes. Slowly, I opened my eyes, looking to the source of the voice.

"Shaant?"

"Ugh... Yeah, do you need anything Annabelle?" he asked awkwardly. I vaguely made out the blushing color on his cheeks. My vision was still a little blurry so maybe he's not blushing... I don't know.

"No, I don't think so... What were you talking about? What happened?"

Shaant's mouth opened and closed a few times. He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair before opening his mouth again, only to close it.

"Hey, you're awake," Cassie exclaimed, bundling in the room and officially ending any chance I had of figuring out exactly what Shaant said and if he said what I wanted him to or if it was the side effects of getting knocked out.

"Yeah, Shaant?"

"I'm gonna go now that Cassie's here. If you need something- Well everyone is here for you." Shaant left the room in a hurry, quickly enough to make my eyes tear up.

"What was that about?"

"I don't know. What's going on?"

"Some girl punched the shit out of you after that whole fight... Of course you're the trifling hoe, it can never be the guys fault," Cassie laughed.

I laughed as well, "'Course not. They want their dicks, it can't be their fault."

"Are you alright?" way too many people asked, stampeding the room. It seemed like all the techs and guys in the bands were here. Everyone was surrounding me, sufficiently sending me into a slight panic mode.

"She's alright guys, just a little shell shocked," Cassie jumped to my aid, just like when we were kids.

"I'm sooooo sorry about all that," Jack said, bending in front of me and kissing my hands, "You're too fine to get hurt like that. It scared me to death, my baby can't get hurt." People cooed and began striking up conversations about the evenings events and Jack winked at me, signaling he wasn't meaning that in the cooing way the others took it.

"Why don't we get you on a bus? You need some sleep," Alex said, hugging me.

"What about you? Are you alright?" I asked, "You didn't even have to be involved in this and here you are now with a big ugly black eye!"

"Ugly? I'll have you know I think that is the sexiest I have ever seen Alex look," Pat exclaimed.

"Anyway, we've got girls all around our bus and so does Cute," Rian said.

"Yeah, so we thought it may be better if you stay on our bus. We're like the neutral party here and our bus is kind of hidden so you can get in there without anymore attacks," John said. I quickly agreed, just wanting a place to sleep and a little time to gain back my peace of mind. I shouldn't be shocked though really, should I?

I mean, they are in bands, they are cute, all the girls want to be in the position I am now.

I guess maybe I should expect to get knocked out a little more often.

___

I laid in my bunk, underneath John and above Garret. I was wearing a merch shirt and John's only clean pair of sweat pants. Luckily he follows the typical boy pattern of wearing dirty cloths when he feels like it.

Aside from the bus driver and Pat playing video games I think I'm the only one awake. If I didn't have so much to mull over I would play with him.

But what Shaant said, or didn't say, is still bothering me. And why was he the one sitting with me after he called me a cunt, really starting this whole thing?

My phone vibrated.

From Shaant.

What in the world?

Why would he be texting me? He hates me? He cares about me?

Why couldn't our parents just have made us get married? I was so ready to commit to him then and we would be together and happy... We could be sleeping in the same bunk right now. I could be Annabelle Hacikyan.

But I'm not.

Somewhere in the midst of my thoughts I began hysterically crying so when I hit the read button my vision was slightly blurred, but I could still see well enough to make out what that text message said.

'When I'm with you there's no worries
When I'm with you there's no shame
When I'm with you I'm secure
Which usually begins the grain

They could say we lack the progress
They could say that we're a mess
They could say we'll never make it
I know we're better than their test
And I don't hear them anyway'