Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

A secret love surprise

Joe's POV
Kristen was...................woah. I mean she was beautiful before, but I just wanted to hold her in my arms and make every guy in the world jealous just by saying she was mine.

but she wasn't yet

Back to her birthday. Everything was pretty much planned and confirmed. I just needed one final thing. An approval from Danielle.

"Dan?" I asked when she was watching t.v. on the couch. Kristen in her bunk.

"Yeah," She looked up.

"Why didn't Kris tell me it was her birthday tomorrow?" I asked straight, not wanting to make any curves in this road.

She laughed,"What are you talking about? Her birthday is in what September,"

"Danielle, her brothers told me," Her face went to frown when she found out,"Sit,"

When I did she turned to television off and never looked at me again,"So why didn't she tell me?"

"Kristen hasn't celebrated her birthday in a long time. No matter how hard we try to throw a party for her she doesn't want any part of it," She sighed.

"Why?"

"It started the year her mom passed away. Kristen didn't think she deserved a birthday. After that, she just didn't care for her birthday anymore. Neither of her parents were there for her, being her dad was always doing something else. All he sent her were diamonds, but Kris doesn't care about that. She'd just want a family get together," She explained.

"She wouldn't hate me if I spoiled her a bit tomorrow right?" I hesitated.

"What do you have planned tomorrow Jonas," She smirked.

"Well I wanted to ask her out at Disneyland, but I had to make sure she was happy first,"

"So tell me your plan,"

"But, you might tell her!"

"I won't just tell me so I can tell you if she will be mad or love it," I had to let her in because she knew Kristen the best.

"Okay so well we'd get there tonight and check in. Her sister and Jenny come in tonight so I'll meet them in the lobby. Then tomorrow, I'd surprise her with them at breakfast and then have the disney characters come out and sing happy birthday. After, we'd go to the amusement park and go on some rides. After one of the rides, you and her brothers are going to take her away while my brothers and me go and set up to sing to her. I assumed if I asked her out in front of like a thousand people she wouldn't say no. Then for dinner it would only be her and I. On a boat. So?" As I ended my speech, her eyes seemed to be glazed with water.

"It's not that bad now is it?" I asked disappointed.

"No, it's perfect," She smiled,"But I swear if you hurt her after she says yes I'll kill you," She laughed.

"I'll kill myself if that ever happens. It's not one of those crush things. I'm in love with her Danielle and I can't see my life without her," I let out.

"Aww. Tell her that, except reword it so my name is nowhere in it," She smiled.

I laughed,"So you approve?"

"I give my blessings and I'm here if you need any help," I breathed in relief. The bus shortly stopped right a few minutes after our conversation. Some people got up-Jay, Kevin, Andrew, Chris, Nick,-and some people decided to sleep in,Kristen.

"Go wake her up," Danielle said while she showed the groggy sleepy people where to go. I went to her bunk and knelt down beside her bed. I didn't want to wake her, she just seemed so peaceful.

"Kris," I whispered,"Kris we got to wake up now,"

I think she heard me becauses she moved a bit and squinted her eyes.

"Not now," She replied.

I laughed,"We're at the hotel though. I mean big bed or bunk bed,"

She sighed,"Fine," Grabbing her bear she got up and started to stretch.

"Kris we haven't got all day," I chuckled.

"Hold your horsies, I'm not a hyperactive person like you are," She accused.

"Oh I'm hyperactive now," She smiled when she knew what I was going to do.

"Joe, Joey, we don't have to do this the hard way," She said backing up.

"Oh but I'm so hyperactive right now, I mean my fingers are just losing it," I said making my way towards her.

"You'll never get me," She said and ran under my arms and out of the bus. I ran after her, but the thing was she started walking again. Thinking that I wouldn't get her. I quietly ran behind her and fastened my arms around her waist. Spinning her in a circle.

"JOE LET ME DOWN!" She laughed.

"Tell me I'm the greatest," I said.

"You're the greatest," She said trying not to laugh.

I let her down,"Thank you,"

She stuck out her tongue and walked into the hotel. We all got our keys and headed up to our rooms.

"Night," I told Kristen before she closed her door. She smiled and walked up to me, a kissed me on the cheek. Whatever this feeling was inside of me right now, I wanted it to stay forever.

"Night Joe," She whispered and escaped through her door.

---------------------------------
It was a good 5 o'clock and I had gotten a call from Jenny that they were heading to the hotel now. I told Nick where I was going to be, and headed downstairs. Closing my door silently I was scared to death when I saw who was there.

"Joe?" Her voice made me jump.

"Kris," I breathed heavily as she giggled.

"I'm sorry, I thought I was alone. What are you doing up?" She asked sitting next to a drink and her guitar in her lap.

"I uhh couldn't sleep," I made up,"You?"

"Same thing I guess. I just have stuff on my mind I guess," She shrugged.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked.

"No it's okay, I should be getting inside though. Before Danielle wakes up and has a panic attack on why I'm not there," She smirked.

"Okay, I'm here if you need me," She hugged me and then turned to her door.

"Thanks," She slipped inside quietly.

I exhaled at the thought of getting caught. I made my way downstairs swiftly.

"JOEY!" I heard a little girls voice appear. I turned around to find Lauren running towards me. I knelt down and hugged her.

"Hi Lauren," I picked her up and spun her around like I did earlier with Kristen,"Where's Jenny?"

"Talking on the phone to daddy," Kristen's dad. I had asked him to come and celebrate Kristen's birthday. But I did it on an answering machine, not really knowing if I'd get a reply or not. Jenny walked in bags in hand and a smile on her face.

"Hey Jenny," I greeted.

"Hi Joe. So I was talking to Mr. Jacobs," She didn't have any emotion on my face. Unlike I, who was pleading that it was good news.

"He is going to be coming in tomorrow," I was relieved.

"That wasn't nice Jenny. You almost had me scared there," I said as Lauren laughed at me.

"Oh you're just like Kristen," She smiled.

"Yea, So your rooms are on the other side of the building. Just to make sure she doesn't see you two til the morning," I grabbed the keys.

"Ok thanks,"

"Joey," Lauren tugged my shirt.

"Yes?"

"Do you like my sister?"

I laughed,"Yes very much,"

"Oh okay. She likes you too!" She said excitedly.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because you are all she ever talks about when she calls," Jenny answered taking Lauren out of my hands.

"Then tomorrow should be easy, hopefully," I commented and Jenny laughed knowing what I meant.

"Okay, call when it's time k," Jenny said as they two started to walk away.

"Okay,"

"Bye Joey,"

"Bye Lauren," With that, I knew this was all going to work.

Kristen's POV

"KRISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!" Someone shouted in my ear.

I shot up, only to find my brothers and Danielle surrounding me. I glared at them. Smiles planted on there faces. A cupcake in Danielle's hand. Lighted with a candle.

"What?" I asked.

"It's your birthday, happy happy birthday, it's your birthday, please be happy today!" They sang. I smiled knowing that I couldn't be mad at them. That they finally understood this is all I want every year.

"Thank you," I replied and blew out the candle.

"So did you wish for Joe?" Jay asked.

I laughed while the boys groaned.

"No comment," I replied though.

"Let's go get breakfast then," Danielle said and shortly made the boys leave so I could get ready. As I was in the bathroom, she told me she had invited the Jonas. Assuring me that she didn't tell them, I said okay.

"Let's go?" I asked dressed in

Image

"Haha you're sooo green! I do not think so," She replied getting up from the bed and jumping to the closet.

"This'll take forever though!" I plopped into her spot.

"No it won't," She smiled holding up an entire outfit.

Image

"Why do I have to get so dressed up anyways?" I asked taking off and putting on clothes.

"One it's your birthday! Two you have to knock everyone off their feet! That means Joe," She smirked.

"Whatever, let's go," I stomped grumpily.

"You look fabulous," She closed the door. I groaned as we made our way to the other's room.

They sat outside in the hallway laughing.

"Were we suppose to get dressed up?" Chris panicked.

"No, it's only Kristen," Danielle smiled.

"Awe, you're dressing up for Joe," Jay cooed.

"No I am not, she forced me to wear this," I replied faking my grumpiness.

"Sure whatever you say Kris," Jay smiled and started walking toward the elevator downstairs.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Hey guys," Kevin greeted us. Danielle was given a kiss.

"Kevin before you get all lovey dovey where's our table?" I asked.

"Oh over there," He pointed, "You can't miss it really,"

I didn't understand why he was smirking. I couldn't understand why all of them were smirking,"You guys are acting really wierd today," I said as I made my way through.

I was looking at something on my phone walking inside the resteraunt and I could feel a million eyes watching me. I turned around, but everyone was eating their meal. I shrugged it off and finally looked up.

Happy Birthday Kristen it read from the banner that hung above the table with balloons and flowers invases, two very happy Jonas Brothers, and my sister and Jenny.

A million and one thoughts running through my head. There was definately no expression on my face, which caused everyone else's face to have frowns. You would be happy about these things right? I mean your friends threw you a surprise party and invited your family.

"Kris," I heard softly and finally looked up.

"Who did this?" I choked out.

Joe raised his hand. I locked eyes with him. Right then and there, all I could wonder is why. This was my main thought around this boy. Why he had chosen my band to perform with him? Why he decided to kiss my cheek? Why he decided to throw this party? Why had I fallen for him so easily?

"We all helped out though," I heard another voice, I think it was Jay, but I cut him off by raising a hand. Not taking my eyes off of Joe.

"Can I talk to you alone?" I asked trying not to change my tone of voice. He nodded and led me to the outside balcony.

I didn't give him a chance to say what was happening.

"I simply asked them not to tell. Yet they did. A celebration Joe? What were you thinking?" I asked not looking at him.

"I was thinking you'd be happy," He said softly.

I turned around trying to get anger on my face,"Well you know what I am Joe! I am so......." I said aggravated,"So," I said softly,"happy," I smiled.

He did a double take,"What?"

"I've always shunned out birthdays, thinking that no one ever cared for me. But this, it opened my eyes. I saw that the people I've been around with all of my life care for me and I saw a person that I care about do something great for me. The only question I have for you is why," I pleaded.

"Why what?" He asked confused.

"Why do all of this for me?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled softly. He carressed my cheek in his hand and I wanted to just melt,"Because I've met a lot of girls Kris. All of them wanting to make me happy. I've never fallen for anyone. I've never had a girl that I'd have to try to keep up with. But Kristen you've changed all of that. I want to make you happy because I've fallen hard for you. That's why I did all of this, so I could be two steps ahead just to make you happy," He smiled.

"So out of all things you could have done, you threw me a party?" I laughed.

"Well yeah. I mean not any party, it's a day of fun! Come on you only turn 18 once Kris," His smile was wide now, assured I was not mad.

I hugged him tightly,"Thank you,"

"Mhm," He hummed and hugged me tighter.

"Joe, can't breathe," I said and gasped for air when he let go.

"Sorry," He muttered,"Let's go in there because you have guests,"

"Yeah when did they come in?" I asked linking arms with him going back inside.

"This morning,"

"So that's why you snuck out,"

"Yes,"

"Everything cool?" Danielle asked.

I smiled,"Everything's perfect,"

"Guys it's really happening," Danielle jumped for joy.

"What is?" Andrew asked.

"She's finally letting us celebrate her birthday!"

"Well if you keep making us look like idiots we might not have one," I whispered looking at everyone else staring once again.

"No they're just staring at how beautiful you are right now, right Joe?" Danielle smirked.

"Definately," He replied softly.

"Where's Lauren and Jen?" I asked sitting down.

"Oh bathroom," Chris answered.

"Let's order breakfast. I'm starved after this fiasco!" I said trying to locate the nearest menu.

"Actually the order's have been cast already," Joe said matter-o-factly.

"Really?" I was still shocked.

"Yes, I'm telling you. You're not lifting a single finger today,"

"Kristen!" I heard my favorite little girls voice.

"Hi Lauren!" I said hugging her tightly.

"I missed you so much," She sighed.

"Me too. Now where is Jenny,"

"She's outside," She said hesitantly looking at Joe. I looked at him also questioning why he was a bit nervous now.

"So Kristen, there's a couple surprises I have for you today but this what is going to happen in the next couple of minutes is one of them," He smiled. I was still totally lost.

"KRISTEN!" I stood up when I heard Jenny. She pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you," I whispered.

"I know. Joe is a really great guy for you Kris,"

"I agree," I smiled at her comment. Then I opened my eyes. dad?

"Are you for real?" I asked her.

"He made sure your father came," She let go.

I smiled and nodded at her as she stepped aside.

"Kristen," His voice made me complete.

"Dad!" I ran and he hugged me ever so tightly.

"Happy 18th kiddo,"

"Thanks for coming dad," I replied as we walked over to our table.

"Hello Mr. Jacob," Joe greeted shaking his hand.

"Hello Joseph, everyone," My dad greeted and sat down at a vacant chair. I did the same, sitting between Joe and Lauren.

The food had come by then and everyone was just happy. For the first time since she left, I was happy at my birthday.

"Kris?" Joe's whisper grabbed me out of my thoughts,"You okay?"

"I'm perfect," I smiled as we all finished the meal.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Kristen," Disney characters started to pop out everywhere,"Happy Birthday to you," Mickey brought out a waffle with a candle on top. I blew it out and smiled and hugged every giant character there.
When they were gone, the table had grown calm once again, but the entire resteraunt still continued to look at me. Yet, I didn't care one bit.

"Let's go on some rides!" Kevin announced.

"I think I'll go look around the hotel," My dad announced.

"It's okay dad, I know you're getting old," I laughed and hugged him,"Still love you."

"Thanks,"

"I think I'll follow your direction," Jenny agreed.

"Would you want to see that art museum down the road?" Dad asked her.

"Sure," She smiled and the two walked off.

"Okay I will meet you guys there because I have to go back to the hotel room," I remembered I was wearing a dress.

"No you don't," Danielle tossed me her bag,"You have clothes in there go and change,"

"Wow thanks," I said and went inside the restroom. They were the clothes I had chosen earlier.

"I don't understand why you couldn't let me wear these in the first place?" I came out questioning.

"Because you looked cuter with the dress," She retaliated.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head,"Are we going yet?"

"I have someone I want you to meet first," Joe said and went away. He came back with a little boy about Lauren's age.

"Kristen this is our little brother Frankie," He announced.

"Hi Frankie," I waved.

"Joe she is pretty," He looked up at his brother who was blushing.

"Aw he's like a combination of you three, but cuter," I smirked.

"See Joe she knows what's good," And with that the room was laughing.

"Frankie, I have someone who you might want to meet," I said going over to Lauren and taking her by the hand.

"Frankie this is my little sister Lauren," I introduced them. They said their hi's and went to play off in the corner.

"Am I the only one not dating a Jacobs?" Nick asked.

"Well Danielle is a Clark so technically Kevin's not," I smiled.

"Okay am I the only one not dating!"

"I'll find you a girlfriend k. I promise," I added.

"Good let's go to Disneyland!" He cheered.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Summer!
I had to make sure everything in this chapter was right.
I'm pretty satisfied about it.
C'mon people comment please!
It'll make me smile : )