Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Finally all my dreams are coming true, or not.

Joe's POV

We had spent 3 hours at Disneyland already, diminished at least 5 bags of cotton candy, played 10 carnival games, rounded up 7 stuffed animals, watched 3 parades and one 3D
show, and rode 14 rides. Each of them I sat next to Kristen.

"Let's do that one!" Kristen pointed out.

"Uhh, I wanted to go and try something with my brothers right now," Nick said.

"Oh you want us to go with you?" She asked.

"No it's fine, we'll catch up with you guys later," I smiled.

"Okay then bye," She skipped off.

We headed in the other direction.

"Now it's 11:00, that gives us an hour before we go on, so we can do sound check and everything," Nick was basically the coach today. Since I was too busy worrying and being nervous he would do what I had planned. We all basically did this for one another once in a while.

"The others are waiting in line," Kevin said texting Danielle.

"Is it really hot to you guys or is it just me?" I asked examining my shirt,"Awe man! I have sweat stains,"

"JOE CALM DOWN!" Kevin said.

"She's going to say yes," Nick added.

I sighed hoping that was true.

"Plus, that's why we made sure there were a billion shirts in the back," Kevin smiled.

Kristen's POV
Today had just been perfect, except for that last ride. It needed something, it needed Joe.

"So what are we doing now?" I asked.

"Well it is 12 o'clock. Why don't we go and get some lunch?" Danielle suggested looking up from her phone.

"Oh, I saw this resteraunt over there and I think someone is like performing today," Jay said. He was the 'tour guide' today since he had a map.

"Okay, let's go!" I said and we started to walk once again.

As we sat down at the table with our food I remembered something.

"Guys what about the other three?" I asked.

"I texted them, they should be here shortly," Danielle smiled setting her phone on the table.

"Shh, it's starting!" Jay shushed. I rolled my eyes but began to watch.

"Hello everyone!" The host started,"My name is Berry and I am here to introduce you to our performers tonight. Now before we get to them I heard we have a birthday girl by the name of Kristen Jacobs!" I looked at my family smiling, and then the spotlight came on me. I stood up and waved to the crowd.

"Come down here Kristen," Berry waved but I shook my head no in reply. Unfortunately, my brothers are strong and gently pushed me down the stairs and up the stage.

"How old are you today?" He asked.

"18," I said shyly.

"Oohh legal adult in the house ladies and gentlemen," Everyone hooted while I just smiled.

"Okay so since it's your birthday the people who are going to perform want to sing you a song. So just stay right here and smile," Berry said getting off the stage. Making me look like a total idiot just swaying back and forth. Then I heard music.

I'll pick you up at 7
We can drive around and see a movie
Every scene will have a meaning
But you'll be the one that moves me


I kept twirling around to see if he was backstage, then I heard everyone gasp. I looked into the audience and he was there.....Joe.

He came up on stage as I listened to his words.

I've been hurt before
So baby promise that you're gonna be true
I'm gonna be be good so tell me that you're gonna be good too


Then he started to dance with me.

You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me, baby!


After that he wrapped me in his arms and all I could do was smile.

I'm gonna treat you right
We'll never fight
Now baby you can trust me
When I hold you tight
I feel alright
I guess that I'm just lucky


Then it was just me and him. No one else was there I swear.

I've been hurt before
So baby promise that you're gonna be true oh
I'm gonna be be good so tell me that you're gonna be good too

Oh!

(CHORUS)
You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me
Baby!

Listen girl, you gotta be good
I don't wanna hurt you
I wanna KISS you!

Yeah!

Come on, come on, come over here!

You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me

C'mon! C'mon!

YEAH!

(Talks)
Listen girl, you're out of control
I think you and me
Would be a great
Cou-ple


All I could do was smile at this boy.

"So Kristen, Joe has a question!" Kevin said in his microphone, making me realize his whole band was there.

"Yes Joe," I sat on the stool that appeared there instantly.

"Kristen, will you be my girlfriend," He said in his microphone. I was handed my own.

"I have an answer, but let's ask the audience. Audience what do you think I should do?" I looked into the crowd.

"SAY YES!" They screamed.

"Well then I guess we're all on the same page. Joe, I would love to be your girlfriend," He matched my own smile and spun me around.

"AW! Now wouldn't everyone like a birthday like this?" Berry came back on stage and started to ramble on.

I didn't care. I kissed Joe on the lips softly and whispered,"Thank you,"

He hugged me tightly,"Don't thank me just yet," He replied back. There was more? I nodded and went around to hug Nick and Kevin knowing they had hell setting all of this up.

The boys played a few more songs while I went and had a good time watching from the crowd with my own family.

---------------------------------------------------------
"Let's go, I'm tired!" I announced after they finished the stage.

"But we haven't even gone to California Adventure," Nick pleaded.

"That's why we're going tomorrow!" I replied.

"Joe, don't be stupid and ever let this one go," Nick smiled.

He snaked his arms around my waist, "Never,"

I yawned as I leaned into him.

"You're tired," He whispered.

"No," I promised.

"You sure because I can cancel everything tonight," he said.

"Cancel what tonight?" I woke up.

"Oh you'll just have to see," He smirked and kissed my cheek as we got onto the trolley to take us back into the hotel.

"So I will see you at seven," Joe said twirling me into him so I looked up.

"Are we really driving around then seeing a movie?" I asked.

"Maybe. Maybe not." He smirked slyly.

"Ok, how should I dress for this?" Putting my arms around his neck.

"Just like you normally dress. Gorgeus,"

"CORNY!!!!" Nick yelled.

He dropped his head at the comment and I laughed a little, bringing his head up in question.

"You had to admit, it was pretty corny,"

"Yeah," He agreed.

"I'll see you later," I pecked him on the lips and then smiled,"I've been waiting so long," I whispered.

"No more waiting," He replied and then went inside his room.

"Danielle, I need an incredible outfit!!!"

Joe's POV

It was 6:45.....

"Joe stop pacing you're making me nervous and this isn't even my date!" Kevin got a grip on me.

"Sorry, I'm just totally nervous,"

"Why?" Nick asked.

"Because tonight has to be perfect. I can't screw up anymore,"

"Why not?"

"If I wasn't perfect Kristen would think I'm just another stupid boy!" I yelled.

"Joe, chill k. If she liked your corny line she like loves you," Nick chuckled.

I calmed down a bit.

knock knock knock

"Come in," Kevin shouted.

"I could have been a murderer," A girl voice entered.

"but you are not," Nick replied.

"True," I spun around to see Danielle.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Cause she's like stressing out times a million, I'm trying to calm down," She sat next to Kevin.

"You might want to make a run for it then. We have the same problem," I glared at Nick who smiled innocently.

"Joey don't be nervous. It's only Kristen,"

That made me nervous.

"IT'S KRISTEN!" I yelled.

"Uh, we're going to leave Joe alone now," Kevin got up with Danielle and started to walk through the door.

"Dido, bro you have company," Nick said as he walked out.

"What!" I yelled trying to fix my tie.

"Do you want me to come back?" She asked and I choked for air.

"huh? oh no, uhmm come in," I said trying to act cool.

"Did you eat like a million hot peppers?" She asked again.

"No why would you ask that?"

"Because you are sweating bullets," She entered the bathroom.

"Awe man!!! Stupid persperation!"

"Joe, do you mind telling me why you are acting so crazy?" She asked wiping my face with a towel.

"I don't know!" I lied on the bed.

"Why don't you and I just stay here tonight,"

"Cause I wanted to take you out on the perfect date. We were going to ride a boat and have dinner,"

"Why would you think that's the perfect date?"

"I don't know, it's romantic and all that,"

"Joe, all I want is to be with you nothing more,"She smiled lying next to me.

"You aren't mad?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad? We haven't even gone on the date yet," She laughed.

"Because we're staying here, unless you still want to go,"

"Why don't you go and change your shirt, splash your face with cold water, and then we'll head out because I heard you spent a lot of time on this," She sat up.

"Okay," I stood and went over to the drawers and took out a new shirt,"Be back,"

"Joe." She said.

"Yeah," I turned, and then she kissed me.

"Relax," She whispered after. I nodded and went to go change.

"So, how do I look," I came out after 10 minutes.

"You are having a really good hair day," She smiled at the fact she didn't look at my clothes but saved herself,"I like the shirt too!"

"Thanks, I forgot to tell you that you look completely incredible,"

"This, nahh. Just something I put together," Still smiling she wrapped her arms around my waist,"Let's go?"

"Mhm," I said and we started to walk out.

"So a boat huh?" She smirked at my thought.

"It was one of the top romance things on Kevin's list,"I replied.

"Kevin's list of what?"

"Romantic date's I believe, that and whatever else is romantic," I rolled my eyes at Kevin's list.

"Then Danielle must be totally romanced," She giggled.

"Nah, you'll be more romanced," I looked down at her and she just smiled.

"We'll see, because Dan has told me about all her date's with Kevin and I must say he's pretty impressive,"

"Just wait,"

--------------------------------------------------

We had gotten to the dock, and the night was crystal clear. The stars were out and glistened against the ocean.

"My lady," I said motioning her onto the boat.

"Why thank you,"

"And off we go," I mumbled as the driver took off.

"It's wonderful tonight," she looked up.

"Well every night with you is wonderful," I knew it was corny, but it was true.

"That's a new one," She laughed,"But it's refreshing,"

"So, I packed pasta, chocolate covered strawberries, diet coke for you regular coke for me," I emptied the contents of my picnic basket.

"My favorites, at least some of them anyways," she took on of the strawberries and took a bite,"Yummy,"

I laughed at how cute she looked, pecking her on the lips before we both started to enjoy our meal.

"So Mr. Jonas, how long have you liked me?" She asked eating another strawberry.

"The second we met, and yourself,"

"Hmm, when I brought you home,"

"Why?"

"Because you were different," She smiled,"Promise me something,"

"Anything,"

"After the tour is over, and we're off living seperate lives-" I had to cut her off.

"I'm not leaving you, and if I do I'm calling you first thing at breaks, when I wake up, before I go to sleep, I'll come back for you, I'm not leaving anywhere without you," I held her tightly.

"I was just going to ask for one call a day but your plan works too," She smirked leaning against me.

Oh Kristen, someone is calling, I think it's Daniey Danieys ringtone went off.

"I'm not here," She replied to the phone, but it kept ringing.

"Answer it," I whispered.

She groaned getting up as I chuckled at her.

Kristen's POV

Everything was perfect, except for this phone call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Kris, he's here," Was the first thing she said.

"Who's here?" I wondered.

"Blake," She was hesitant saying it.

I closed my eyes and sighed,"Okay where are you,"

"We are at the ice cream shop a couple of blocks away from the hotel," She sounded like she was looking at him.

"Is he uh there?" I replied looking at Joe who saw my worried face now.

"Yeah, he's actually coming over, I'll call you back," She hung up.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked as soon as I hung up.

"You're there for me right?" I asked.

"Always, Kris what's going on,"

"Whatever happens tonight, I need you to make sure my family is okay," I brushed his cheek with my hand.

"Kristen I need to know what's going on," He pleaded.

I sighed,"Remember Blake?"

"He's the one you dated before me right?"

"Mhm, now did you ever hear how we broke or why anyways,"

"All I ever heard was that you two had disagreements, but I don't get why that has to do with anything!" He wondered.

"One day, Blake and I got into an argument. That day I learned his temper was big and...and," I totally started to feel the water starting to sprinkle from my eyes.

"He hit you?" Joe's voice was in whisper. I nodded.

"Kris, where, how long, are you okay? I'm going to kill him," He went from worried to mad.

"Joe, calm down," I had to keep him with me, not about to murder someone. He relaxed and took a breathe,"Now I'm okay, it was for about a month, it still stings a bit so just don't push on them,

He nodded and slowly I picked up the bottom of my dress, just so it showed the bruise. I'm so glad the papparazi wasn't there though, this would've looked horrible.

I saw pain in his eyes as he traced them gently with his fingertips,"Anywhere else?" He asked.

"I have a few on my stomach, the ones on my face cleared-" He cut me off.

"Kris, why were you still with him?"

"Because when I heard about you and Taylor, I thought you forgot about me. So I went on a date with him. We were an okay couple, but I couldn't let him go because you were still with Taylor,"

"You were jealous,"He smirked.

"That's hardly beside the point," I playfully glared,"But yeah,"

"Well what did you think when I heard about Blake, plus I went on a date with Taylor for a friend," He shrugged.

"You can explain that story later,"

"Thanks, but right now I need to know what will happen if Blake sees you," He got back to our topic.

"I ran away from him, I've been running away from him. I didn't think he'd follow me here. He's going to try and win me back, anyway he has to," I looked down at our shoes.

"Okay," He picked up my chin,"Then we're going back to the hotel, you have a conjoining rooms right?"

"Yeah my side has 2 rooms, the boys have 3 rooms, I don't get it,"

"Let's just say we're going to have a really big sleepover, just trust me okay."

I nodded before he kissed my forehead,"No one's going to get hurt, I'm going to take care of you,"

I trusted him, every ounce of him. Was that enough though?

We hurried quickly off the boat and we were riding back to the hotel, Joe was calling his brothers to make sure they made everyone go back to the room. He also called Jenny to tell her to stay in her room or out of the hotel and that Lauren was going to sleep over in our room tonight.

I sat there next to him, staring out of the window. Wondering how life got so perfect, and then just crashed. I hated drama, I had too much with it. My thoughts flew away when I felt something warm grab my hand. I looked at Joe's fingers and intertwined with them, looking up he said,"It's going to be okay," and I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been a while since I posted.
Uhm, I'm finally glad I put them together.
but what will Blake do--will he try to win back Kristen.

COMMENT!
Plz.
Gina