Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

To get it over with.

Danielle's POV

"Kevin, can we go?" I whispered over as we sat in the ice cream place.

"Yeah, you okay?" He wondered.

"Hey Danielle," His voice made me freeze.

"Uhm, hi Blake," I said in a small voice.

"Is Kristen with you?" He asked.

"Uh no, she's not with us," I hesitated as Kevin looked bewildered.

"Oh who is this?" He asked.

"My boyfriend,Kevin," I pointed,"Kevin this is Blake,"

"Oh, Blake nice to meet you. Danielle why don't we go now," Kevin stood up while I followed him.

"Oh okay, so where's Kristen?" Blake asked.

"She's out," I simply said and then to add the icing,"With her boyfriend," I put my jacket on as we left.

"Who was that?" Nick asked.

"I'll explain as soon as we go back to the hotel,"

Nick's POV

My phone started ringing as we got into the suv.

"NICK!" Joe shouted.

"Yeah?"

"I need you to make everyone go back to the hotel right now," he sounded alarmed.

"We were already going, whatsup?" I questioned.

"We'll talk about it later, Kristen's brothers are in the arcade go and get them, Lauren is with you right?" He asked.

"Yeah, she fell asleep with Frankie though,"

"Okay just put them on the bed. We're going to be staying over in there room tonight tell Kevin to go pack clothes for the three of us and get back to there room," He rushed.

"What's going on Joe?" I pleaded.

"It's about Kristen, but we need to talk about this all together, we're in the lobby right now. See you soon," He hung up.

That was highly wierd, yet I did as he said. I went down to the arcade.

"Hey guys," I said seeing them play the air hockey.

"Hey," They replied.

"Uhm Joe is calling a meeting, he said it's about Kristen," The puck flew off the table and they looked at me.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Andrew demanded.

"I don't know, we have to go though,"

We rushed back upstairs to see everyone sitting down.

Joe's POV

"Guys come on in," I said when the four came.

"What's happened," Jay ran over to Kristen hugging her.

"Nothing yet, will you sit?" I asked politely. They did as I said.

"Now I think everyone knows Blake correct?"

Everyone nodded there heads.

"Okay, well-"

"Joe," She interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"They don't know," She sighed.

"You need to tell them,"

"TELL WHO WHAT!" Andrew yelled.

"Calm down!" Kristen shouted back. Andrew froze to the Kristen he rarely ever heard, but sat back down,"Now Blake, he use to....he use to abuse me," She let out calmly.

And at that point all the guys in the room except for me got up, furious and angry. Shouting things like how they were going to beat him up and kill him.

I looked over to a frustrated Kristen. If I knew Kristen, she hated yelling and fighting, so all of this was just killing her.

"GUYS!" I yelled over them. They froze.

"Now, I know we all want to kill the dude but I don't think someone wants us to do that," I looked over to a teary Kristen.

"So what we're just going to let him go,"

"No, well I don't know yet, but I know he's here looking for her. He's going to do anything in his power to get her, so we all just have to stick with each other,"

"Can I just punch him once, it won't hurt or anything, just teach him a lesson," Andrew threw in there while Kristen shot him glares,"or not,"

There was a knock at the door, I went over to the door but didn't open it. I motioned for Kristen to come over and pointed her to look through the little glass peek hole.

She mouthed 'It's him' to me and I told her to stay quiet and to hide in the bathroom.

I opened the door.

"Yes," I asked.

"Is Kristen here?" He asked.

"Uhm I think you have the wrong room sorry," I started to close the door. Unfortunately, his foot was in the way.

"I know she's here," He mumbled.

"What if she is," I asked back.

"Look just give this to her, and just remember you won't always have your eyes on her," He gave me an envelope with Kristen's name on it. I closed the door, and told Kristen to come out of the bathroom.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Here," I handed it to her.

She looked down at the piece of paper with no expression on her face. She bit her bottom lip and opened it. Pulling out a small piece inside, her eyes scanned over the paper before she looked up at me. Her eyes in pain as she handed me the paper.

You will be mine Kristen
No matter what
Love Blake


I ripped the paper up in pieces, frustrated. Jealous. Mad. I went into the other room to think about what was going on and what I should do, because I didn't know what the hell I was suppose to do. I mean I wouldn't let anyone hurt Kristen, but what happens and he's right, if I was off guard.

"Joe," Her voice was soft, almost scared. I turned to see her face in pain and eyes ready to burst into tears.

"What's wrong," I got up and went over to her.

"I don't want to do this anymore," She said as a tear rolled down her face.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Hurt you," She sobbed.

"Hurt me? You're not hurting me. Why would you think that?" As she rested her head on my chest, my arms wrapped around her, my chin on top of her head, I asked.

"You just ripped up a piece of paper and stormed out of the room,"

"Kristen, I'm just....frustrated. I don't know, sometimes I act on my instincts and I've learned that it's not the best thing. But you're not hurting me, not one bit," I assured her.

"I know what I need to do Joe and I need you behind me through it all," She picked up her head looking at me.

"All the way,"

"I'm going to see him tomorrow," She sighed.

"But I will not let you do that,"

"Joe think about it. I've been running for so long, why should I have to keep running. I just want to live my life peacefully," She pleaded.

I had to think about it. She was right.

"Fine," I agreed,"But you have to promise me that everyone will be there with you when you see him and if you hurts you in any way I can beat the daylights out of him,"

She nodded smiling,"Okay, even though you know I hate violence,"

"Why do you have to make me feel guilty?" I accused.

"I'm not!" She replied shocked, but then laughed and kissed me.

"What time is it?" I asked at the end.

"Well it's dark outside, so I'm guessing late," She looked behind me,"Maybe 8:52 p.m.,"

"You should go to sleep,"

"Where are you goint to sleep?" She looked around the room. Seeing as her brothers took all the beds.

"I'll sleep on the couch, maybe the floor," I shrugged seeing my options.

"I'll get you some pillows and blankets," She started to walk away.

"Thank you for watching over her," Andrew stepped in.

"Don't thank me, I just want her safe," I shrugged.

"You know you make her really happy. Happier than any other guy she's been with," He stated.

"She gives me the same feeling,"

"Hey, what you guys talking about?" Kristen entered.

"Oh nothing, guy stuff," Andrew replied,"I'm going to head off to bed, night," He said and hugged Kristen before heading to the room.

"Okay you and my brother are just strange," she commented,"Here are you blankets and pillow,"

"How do you have extra?" I took them from her.

"These aren't extra," She laughed hestitantly.

"Kris," I knew these were hers.

"If you're sleeping on the floor then I'll sleep without a blanket," She smiled proudly.

I put the blankets down on the floor and just sat there.

"Can I play you something?" She asked leaning on the couch.

"Anything,"

"Be back," She disppeared into the hallway, as I myself tried to get a little more comfy on the carpeted surface.

She came back with a guitar, one with writing and drawings all over it.

"What did you do to it!" I laughed looking at the instrument.

"Hey, I got it when I was little! I didn't know what I was suppose to do back then, but it reminds me of my childhood. Plus, I think it's beautiful," she said tuning it a bit.

"Whatever you say,"

"Okay so it's not all of it, but I've been thinking about it for while. Maybe you could help me out a bit,"

"Sure, just play already,"

On a Monday, I am waiting
Tuesday, I am fading
And by Wednesday, I can't sleep
Then the phone rings, I hear you
And the darkness is a clear view
Cuz you've come to rescue me

Fall... With you, I fall so fast
I can hardly catch my breath, I hope it lasts

Ohhhhh
It seems like I can finally rest my head on something real
I like the way that feels
Ohhhhh
It's as if you know me better than I ever knew myself
I love how you can tell
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me
All the pieces, pieces, pieces of me


"That's all I have right now," She shrugged.

"I love it," and that was the honest truth.

"I hoped you would,"

"Hey, we never finished our date,"

"Well, do you want to watch a movie?" She asked.

"Yeah and I have the perfect one," I went over to my bag and took out Benjamin Button, her favorite movie.

"What is that?" She wondered as she pulled the blanket over her.

"Just watch," I put the dvd in and sat down next to her. Seconds later, I felt something soft go around my lower body and pressure on my shoulder.

I smiled down at her, gently moving my arm so that it was around her shoulders. Then the next thing you knew, we were off to sleep.

(No one's POV)
It was no later than 8:30 in the morning when Kristen awoke to the beams of sun shining through the curtain. Her eyes opened to see that Joe was still wearing his clothes from last night, so was she.

Kissing her boyfriend on the cheek, she tried to get out of there without waking him up. Unfortunately, his grip tightened around her and she was lying on his chest. Knowing he was awake she smiled.

"Morning Joe," She whispered and then saw the smile creep onto his face.

"Morning," He replied back with now open eyes.

Nothing was said, the silence between them was enough for the two. Being happy together was all that really mattered. Until Kristen started to think about the dilema that had started last night. She frowned at the thought of Blake, who she was going to see today.

"What's wrong?" Worriedness filled his voice.

"I just, I'm ready to get this over with," Joe was confused by the statement, and then thought about it. He nodded physically, mentally he was scared and mad for his girlfriend.

"I want to thank you for last night," Kristen said lifting her head up so she could look at his face.

"For what?"

"Everything, from the date to just being there for me. Making sure I was okay," She gently smiled as he carresed her cheek.

"Well then, you're welcome. I just want the best for you," He kissed the top of her head.

"Good morning you two," Danielle entered the love bird scene.

"Morning," They replied and sat up straight.

"What's breakfast?" She asked sitting on the arm of the couch.

"We'll find a resteraunt downstairs, I need to talk to everyone about something though," Kristen said standing up.

"Oh okay, why don't you get changed while I wake everyone else up," Danielle softly suggested to her younger cousin.

Nodding, Kristen kissed Joe's cheek one last time before heading to her room.

"What is it?" Danielle asked as soon as Kristen was out of ear shot.

"What is what?"

"What is she going to tell us?" Her tone of voice was worried and concerned.

"She wants to meet Blake and talk to him," Joe replied calm and seriously.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!" Danielle whispered loudly, wondering how this could have crossed her cousin's mind.

"Look, I think it's best that she settles it also. Plus, we'll all be there behind her for support and protection," He stated trying to calm down his friend.

Sighing in defeat, she took a breathe and prepared mentally for what could happen in the next few hours. Nodding, she was finally okay with it,"As long as she doesn't get hurt,"

"She won't," Joe assured her.

"I need to go think and wake up everyone else, be getting ready for breakfast," Pulling herself together, Danielle walked out of the room to the others.

"JOE!" Kristen yelled from her room causing Joe to panick and run. Standing at the door, he found Kristen kneeling on the floor, tears flowing down her face, phone in her hand.

"Baby, what's wrong," Joe said kneeling in front of her.

"He has Jenny and my dad," She whispered through her sobs.

"What?" Confused he asked.

It was hard for her to repeat it again, so she showed Joe the phone.

I have both your dad and Jenny,
Go to room 477.Come alone.
I'll trade your loved ones for you.
Be there in an hour, knock three times.
I'll be waiting for you
Love you, Blake


Joe looked up to see his girl literally breaking down in front of him. Pulling her close to him, he tried to relax her before saying anything.

Once she was close to not really sobbing, he spoke.

"Kris, I need you to do what he says," He tried to have assurance in his voice.

"What?" She asked bewildered looking up to him,"You want me to get hurt,"

"You're not going to get hurt, but you just need to trust me. All I need you to do is just go there. Let me take care of it. If he hurts you, then I'll hurt myself worse than you. I just need you to trust me,"

"I do." She whispered.

"We'll get through this Kris," He said convincing himself that they would.

"Joe," Her voice was soft,"If anything goes wrong during this, I need you to know, that.....that I love you," She said it because it was true. She loved this boy from day one.

Joe was confused on how to act, being that he didn't want anything to happen,"Kris, don't think like that please, and I love you too,"

"I think we better get ready," She said wiping a few tears from her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm going to tell the others that we are canceling breakfast," He got up with her and gently kissed her forehead. With closed eyes, she took in that moment and sighed smiling.
As she nodded, he left the room.

"Guys, we're going to cancel breakfast," Joe called running through the rooms.

"WHY?" Chris asked.

And the Joe explained what had happened. Andrew was about to kill him, but he made a quick come back by explaining what they needed to do.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--

"Okay Kris, you ready?" Joe asked her, pushing a hair away from her face.

She smiled up to him,"No,"

He chuckled at her softly,"You'll be fine I promise," He whispered in her ear hugging her one last time.

"I hope you're right," She said before hugging everyone else and then she was off heading toward the elevator.

She knew she would be fine, but there was that thought in the back of her head that she wasn't. That something had happened to her dad and Jenny. She didn't know that she'd be at his door so fast. Seconds after she knocked three times, the door opened.He smiled at her and she kept her straight face.

"You don't look happy to see me," He teased.

"You're totally right," He frowned to her answer and pulled her inside.

"Where are they!" She demanded.

"Oh, your father and Jenny? In their room, I never kidnapped them, but I knew you would come if I said I did," He smirked.

"You bastard,"

"I guess, but I have you alone to myself and no ones going to stop you,"

"What do you want from me?"

"I just want you," He said leaning in.

"Get away from me!" She punched him in the stomach, but there was no reaction. Instead, he caught the grip on her hands and pushed her onto the bed, fully making out with her. Constantly fighting, she tried as hard as she could, but he was just too strong for her to handle. Then she could feel something going up her shirt. Seconds later, her bra was no longer tight around her chest.

"See, we can get somewhere when you don't fight me," He smirked once again and she took this oppurtunity to kick him in the groin.It kept him off of her for a few moments as she ran inside the bathroom and locked the door shut.

Before he could do anything there was a knock at the door,"Who is it?" He barked.

"Room service," A girly voice called out.

He walked over to the door trying to figure out if he ever called room service and opened it to find about twenty police officers, the manager, and seven really pissed off teenagers. Blake had a shocked look on his face, before the police handcuffed him and took him away saying his rights.

"KRIS!" Joe and the rest called out.

"Joe," She whispered cracking the door a bit.

He heard the fear in her voice,"Kris it's okay, I'm here," She opened the door and ran into his arms crying,"It's okay, you're safe. It's over." He assured her kissing the top of her head.

"Where's Lauren?" She panicked.

"She's with Jenny and Frankie,"

"Does she know?" Kristen whispered.

He shook his head,"She doesn't need to,"

"Hey you guys want to go and grab a bite?" Daniey asked. The two nodded and they all made their way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
i don't know what to say.
Suggestions? help?

-gina