Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

The new patient

Back At Kristen's House

"Kids," Jenny called after answering the phone.

"Yes," Danielle rushed.

"That was your uncle. Lauren is awake right now. Can you get a hold of Kristen, she wants to see her,"

"Sure," Danielle took out her phone and dialed in her younger cousin's number. All she got though was a voice mail,"Kev, can you call your bro,"

"Already on it," He replied hitting buttons.

"Hello?" Joe answered.

"Hey bro, you with Kristen?"

"Yea, she's right here watsup?"

"Lauren's awake she wants to see her," Kevin explained.

"Oh, okay. I'll tell her and we'll be over there. Thanks," Joe said before hanging up.

"Babe, we're going to head down and meet them there," Daniey called standing at the door with Jenny.

"Nick and I are going too," The boys followed them out.

Joe's POV

"Kris, Laur's awake," I told her after getting off the phone with Kevin,"She wants to see you,"

"Okay," She said softly before slowly getting up. The happiness of her voice that was here five minutes ago had left. Leaving pain alone to stay.

We drove back to the hospital in an okay silence. I left Kristen alone to think about what would happen.

Stopping in the parking lot I started opening my door and heard she did the same.

Walking into the hospital, everyone was there. Including her father and Cierra.

"Kris she'd like to see you," Jenny said,"You too Joe,"

"Me?" I asked surprised.

"Yes,"

"Uh, okay," I replied and looked at Kristen waiting for her to move. She did and we began our walk down the hallway. Sooner or later we stood before a wood door. Taking in a last breathe Kristen turned the knob and opened it.

"Kristen. Joe." A small voice appeared.

"Hi Laur. How are you?" Kristen asked pulling up a chair next to her.

"It hurts a bit. I missed you,"

"I missed you too,"

"Joey," She celled.

"Yes Laur,"

"Where's Frankie?"

I chuckled a bit,"He's probably at home right now thinking of you,"

"I miss him," She pouted.

"Oh wow. My sister has fallen under the Jonas charm," Kristen smirked.

"We'll talk about that later," I told her quietly,"Did you see your dad?"

"Yes, he came in with Cierra," She said softly,"Krisy. She hurt me,"

Kristen sighed looking at me before looking back down at her sister,"I know but you have to forgive her because it wasn't her fault," When she spoke you could hear the tears that were going to emerge," You just have to be thankful that you're okay,"

"I guess. Kristen I want to take a nap,"

"Okay sweetie. I'll see you later," Kristen kissed her forehead.

"Bye Laur," I said softly at the door.

"Bye Joey,"

With that we exited into the rush of doctors in nurses who were flooding the hallways. Along with families with joy and sorrow on their faces.

"Kristen," Her dad called.

Her jaw was locked walking over to the waiting area.

"Sweetie you should go home and get some rest," She shook her head in opposition though. This wasn't healthy. She hasn't eaten anything all day and no sleep.

"May I speak to Kristen alone please," Cierra asked softly.

Kristen's eyes glared anger and confusion. Yet, she nodded and started to walk away slowly. I, on the other hand, left her alone with Cierra.

Kristen's POV

"Kristen look-"

"No! You look my sister is in the hospital because of you so don't think you can sweet talk me and what the fuck is that story you told my father," I didn't know if I was yelling but I knew my voice was harsh.

"Excuse you, you're not your father's little girl anymore. You're growing up and leaving him. He needs someone there for him! I don't even want kids! I mean I'm sending Lauren off to a boarding school," Her smile was evil.

"My father wouldn't approve of that," I snapped back.

"Are you sure. Because he's listening to me more than he is to you," She whispered in my ear. At that point I couldn't stand her anymore. I couldn't stand anything anymore. I needed my mom. I needed air.

No one's POV
Joe had passed the hallway that Kristen and Cierra were talking in. Just to make sure that Kristen kept her cool about everything. He didn't expect what he saw though.

She was on the cold hard floor, eyes closed.

"What the hell," He muttered running over to them,"Kristen," He cried,"What happened?"

"I don't know we were just talking and then boom," Cierra's tone was neither compassionate or caring.

"I NEED HELP!" I yelled hoping someone would come quick.

"Sir, what happened?" A doctor came down to our level checking her pulse.

"I don't know. This crazy woman hurt her," Joe replied.

A gasp came from Cierra's mouth as she tried to retaliate, but the doctor and Joe just ignored every word.

"She's unconscious," The doctor muttered,"We're going to put her in a room and run some tests. Can I ask you who you are?"

"Uh I'm Joe Jonas, her boyfriend," He replied looking at her," This is Kristen,"

"Well I'm Dr. Keller. Hopefully, I'll be able to talk to you soon,"

"Thanks," he said watching her being rolled away on a stretcher. Once she was in the room, his eyes turned mad once again, looking at Cierra.

"What happened,"

"What do you mean?" She asked acting innocently.

Joe was officially pissed going back into the waiting room.

"Mr. Jacobs, your supposed fiance just put your other daughter in the hospital. So much for a great parent,"

"What?" Kristen's dad was confused standing up in shock,"Are you the one blaming Cierra. Is this where Kristen's been getting this nonsense from?"

"Both of your daughter's are in this fucking hospital because of her," Joe pointed at Cierra who just walked in. "Kristen has been nothing but nice to that...that thing! So, why does she have to suffer? She doesn't deserve any of this," Joe was on a major breakdown and Kevin had to step in between the two so Joe didn't hurt him.

Mr. Jacob's didn't want to believe any of it. He wanted to just go back when the family was happy.

"Joe, come on, sit down," Nick pleaded.

"I can't. That man doesn't see what's going on,"

"Joseph. Honey," A new voice, a ladies voice, called.

"Mom?" Everyone turned to see the brother's parents along with Kristen's brother's and their parents,"What are you doing here?"

"I heard you guys were in the hospital and needed to make sure everyone was okay," She said while hugging them.

"Where's Kris?" Andrew asked.

"Oh, Kris is taking a nice nap because someone put her in the hospital," Joe's attitude was growing.

"Joseph, please calm down. You're redder than fire. Now sit down. Why are we here?"

"Well Kristen's little sister got hurt so we came out here, but Kristen like twenty minutes ago just went unconscious and I don't know what to do mom. She's my everything,"

"A little faith can go a long way. From what you tell me on the phone and also your brothers, I can tell she's a fighter and I can't wait to meet her," His mother smiled combing through his hair.

"Joe?" Dr. Keller entered.

"Yeah," Joe stood up.

"Okay, right now it's just a matter of her waking up. Now we ran some test's on her and her blood sugar was low, did she eat anything?" He asked.

"No, she refused to eat here and it just wasn't on my mind when we were gone. I should have made her eat something," Joe was blaming himself now.

"Joe, it's not your fault. You didn't know this would happen. Okay what other things did you notice when you were together?" Dr.Keller, writing what Joe told him down on his clipboard.

"She didn't sleep at all," Joe took his seat back down.

"Well then, she'll be getting her rest now," The family didn't really take it as a joke like the way Dr. Keller was hoping to lighten up the mood,"Anything else?

"She didn't take the pill," Danielle's voice cooed but she was staring at the ground.

"What?" Joe asked quietly.

"She had a headache earlier. I told her to take the medicine, but she said she was fine," Danielle started to cry.

"What medicine?" Dr. Keller asked.

"One month, a long time ago, Kristen decided to 'become skinny.' She didn't eat," Andrew replied,"As a result of that, she began to get huge headaches and pains, so they gave her pills. It's basically the same as tylonol but it sure didn't look like it. That's why she usually eat's now. But I guess..."

"Since she didn't, she had a headache, she didn't take the pill," Dr. Keller mumbled it to himself a few times,"Okay. If she doesn't wake up in the next 48 hours, then she could be in a coma, but for right now it's early and she could wake up in the next ten minutes,"

"Thanks doc,"

"Can I see her," Her father piped in.

"Sure, but it's one visitor at a time,"

He nodded and followed the doctor into the room.

The room was brighter than in the hallway, but quieter. Machines were beeping and there were wires everywhere.

"I'll be outside," Dr. Keller announced before leaving.

"Hey Kristen. It's dad. I don't know if you can hear me, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I guess, Cierra was just something to take my mind off your mother leaving and now you're traveling all over the world it just seems like my family is leaving me here. Alone. I guess that's why I travel so much, so I won't feel alone when Lauren leaves when she get's older. When you wake up, I promise, everything is going to change," Kissing the top of her hand he said.

"I think there is someone else who wants to see you so I'll be going now," He stood up,"Goodbye Kristen,"

Silently, her father stepped out of the room. Not looking back.

Joe stood there before the door. Wondering what he should say, how he should say it, or even if she was going to hear him in anyway.

Joe's reaction was the same as her father's.

"Hi Kris," He sat down in the chair,"If you hear me right now, this is all going to sound corny," He looked to see a smile or anything, but there was nothing,"Kristen, you can't leave me now. We were going to do so many things together, including touring the country. You know my mom's here, I think you would like her. They're actually taking Frankie to see Lauren right now. Kris, please don't leave me. I love you too much," But she didn't wake up,"I won't leave you alone. I promise," He kissed her forehead and her hand as he took a seat back down.

It was dark outside, and from in the hospital room, the hallway sounded quieter. Things were finally calm and as Joe drifted to sleep all he heard was the sound of the machine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been wanting to write a hospital scene for quite a while now.
I just didn't think that they're would be any tension....
But tell me what you think about it in
COMMENTS!

=Gina