Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Time to Wake Up

A night passed by too quickly and was already shining light on Joe's face, awakening him. Sitting up slowly, he took in that he was in a hospital, but quickly glanced at Kristen to see if there was anything different. Nothing. She still was pale and stiff.

"Honey," His mom knocked on the door.

"Yes," He replied.

"I brought you some food because I know you haven't eaten for a while," She set it down on the table.

"Thanks," He mumbled,"Who's here?"

"Just about everyone except that lady you were mad at yesterday,"

"Cierra? Maybe she just didn't want to come," Joe didn't think too much into it.

"Maybe," His mother shrugged and looked up,"She's beautiful,"

"Yes, she definitely is," He looked at Kristen.

"She'll be okay Joe," She smiled smoothing out her son's hair.

"I know she will. She has too," He replied even though inside-he didn't know.

The day went on, people came in and out of the hospital room. Talking to Kristen or checking on her blood levels, but through it all Joe was there.

"Joe, how are you?" Dr. Keller came in.

"I'm fine, but I'm not so worried about myself,"

"You just have to be patient. These things take a while," Joe nodded, slumped in the chair,"Okay, well I'm taking you'll be staying tonight again?"

"Yes,"

"I'll tell the nurses to bring in some blankets,"

"Thank you,"

Kristen's Mind

I was on an Island walking around. The water was a crystal blue and the sand was soft between my toes. There was a calm breeze that came every once in a while and it made the white dress that I was wearing flow. It felt like I had been walking around forever taking in everything, just walking.

"Honey?" That voice was never forgotten.

"Mom," I turned to see her.

"Hello dear," She replied hugging me like she use to.

"I miss you,"

"I miss you too. So tell me why you're here?"

I looked around,"Is this heaven?"

She laughed at my emotion,"No darling, you're simply sleeping. You might hurt a bit when you wake up, but apparently we needed to talk,"

I sighed,"I guess I just couldn't take Cierra anymore,"

"Well I'm not too fond of her either, but I think you're father is catching on,"

"I hope so,"

"Now, tell me about this wonderful boy,"

I now smiled at her motherly instincts,"His name's Joe Jonas. He's sweet, caring, funny, way cute,"

She laughed with me,"A charmer?"

"Definitely. Lauren likes his little brother,"

"Oh, yes, I did see that. So honey I think it's time for you to go back now. They're missing you too much,"

"I love you mom,"

"I love you too and I'm always watching over you and your sister," She smiled giving me one last hug,"Wake up now,"

"Bye mom,"

Real World

My head hurt as I squinted to see the sun just rising. I looked around, but my head hurt with quick movements so I took it slow. I was in a gown, there were wires, and Joe was asleep. I tried to say something, but my throat was dry. So I did the next best thing.

I threw the pen next to me at him.

Somehow, he squirmed a bit and I waited patiently to see him open his eyes and close them again. I waited a few more seconds so he could take in what he saw.

His eyes were wide awake now,"Kris?"

I waved,"Oh my gosh! You're okay," He smiled standing up and hugging me. I had to hit him to tell him he was hurting me.

"Why aren't you talking?" He asked. I made a motion for a drink and he followed going over to the sink and filling a cup with the tap water,"Your water madame,"

I took the drink and boy was it GOOD.

"Hi Joe," My voice was still raspy.

"Hey babe," He took my hand and sat next to me," Promise me something,"

I nodded,"Never ever scare me like that again. If someone is going to be getting hurt from anything it's me,"

"Joe," I laughed quietly.

"I mean it,"

"Okay,"

"I missed you," He kissed my forehead,"I should go call a doctor,"

"Yeah. Just maybe,"

"Stay here," He said. As if I had a choice.

"Kristen?" The doctor called,"Oh you are awake. Hello, my name is Dr. Keller," The man in the white jacket said.

"Hi," I choked out.

"Is her voice suppose to be like that?" Joe asked while I glared at him,"I think it's cute though,"

I smiled while Dr. Keller chuckled,"Well her throat is dry so you'll just have to drink liquids,"

"Will I be able to sing?"

"I will give it a good day or two to recover your voice. Just try not to push it so far right away," I pouted at the Doctor's answer and Joe just kissed me on the cheek once again.

"Well, we're just going to run a few tests and then you will be free to go as soon as someone signs the release forms," Dr. Keller looked at Joe.

"Her dad's outside,"

"Okay then,"

"Can Joe stay here," I added.

"Of course," Dr. Keller nodded and then left the room.

"I feel horrible....and hungry,"

He laughed at me a bit,"Well that's not hard to believe since you have been sleeping for two days,"

I closed my eyes once again,"Who's here?"

"Mostly everyone,"

"Mostly?" Who wasn't here.

"Well Cierra hasn't been here since you went down, but that's it. They uh released Lauren yesterday, she was really lucky. Has a cast, but she's doing fine," He stroked my hair.

"That's nice. Too bad she didn't get to see Frankie,"

"Yes she did, he's outside right now. Along with my mom, dad, brothers, Daniey, your brothers, and your dad,"

And out of that whole sentence all I heard was mom.

"Your mom's here? Can I meet her," I asked excitedly.

He rolled his eyes smiling at me,"Yeah, she wants to meet you too. I'm going to get everyone,"

Family ruinions.Yay.One thing I'm excited about is probably meeting his mom. One thing I'm completely dreadful about, seeing my dad.

"Kris?" They sent in Lauren first and had everyone come in a line.

"Woah, did we just enter a smaller room?" Joe asked after everyone.

Everyone laughed at him, but you could tell he was trying to be serious. I scanned the room and found her.

A beautiful woman, with curly hair.

"Hi Mrs. Jonas, I'm Kristen," I introduced.

"Hello Kristen," Her voice was warm and welcoming,"and please call me Denise,"

"Okay Denise," I smiled as Joe squeezed my hand.

"So how are you?" Andrew asked.

I had to think before responding"Awake and alive,"

"Well, that's good news. Plus we have a good couple of days off before another concert," Kevin announced.

"Are you serious? But we've been out for so long already,"

"Well without the performers we can't perform. So, we need you ready, pumped, and fully rested for the next show," Nick explained.

I groaned agreeing while everyone just simply got a laugh in.

I looked at my father and locked eyes with him, just smiling. It was kind of like we could read each others minds, if that was possible.

"Uhm, guys I seriously saw Meagen Fox outside," Joe made up. Yet, that only got my brothers out of the room.

"Joe you can just tell us to leave," Nick said.

He blushed a bit,"Fine can you leave so Kristen can have some privacy with her dad,"

"Why no," Nick responded and Joe just pushed him out the door with everyone following him.

"Hello dad," I looked at him.

"Kristen. I'm so so sorry," He said taking Joe's seat.

"I hate to say I told you so,"

"Yea. I'd hate to hear it, but you were right. Cierra is no good for our family. I'm planning to retire from my job so I can stay with Lauren. I might open up a shop or something, but I just want to show you girls I'm here for you,"

"We'll be here for you too dad," I smiled.

"Mr. Jacobs they're going to starts the tests in a few, would you like to stay?" Joe popped his head in.

"No no no. You should be in here," My father exclaimed, "I'll see you later Kristen," He kissed my forehead and left the room.

"We have a lot to talk about when you get out of here," Joe said.

"Definately," I was so lucky to have him.

The doctors started their tests and everything went greatly. My blood sugar levels were a bit low. but they said it was probably cause of no foor, but everything else seemed fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
HMMMM
I got a new labtop..
yay!
SO I can work on this in my room.

hahahahaha
comments

-Gina