Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Eventually the media does catch up to you

She had woken up early for a radio interview that morning with Ryan Seacrest. Being back on tour wasn’t that difficult to get into the swing of things, but it was however difficult to get the press off of what had happened to Kristen.

Her brothers were still sleeping and she decided that she would wake them up later because she wanted to take in the silence and quietness for once.

She took out some Lucky Charm cereal and poured it quietly into a bowl along with some milk as she read the magazine that was on top of one of the tables.

The regular people were on the cover, The Jonas’, Demi , Selena, Miley, Taylor Lautner, Robert Patterson, and something about J.A.C.K. ‘s Lullaby.

Turning to page six, there was a picture of the hospital in Hawaii and her next to it were there with the words next to it, “Is the new star cracking under pressure?”

Kristen Jacobs was seen at the local hospital in Hawaii supposedly for her little sibling. Yet, later we discovered that she was the one in the hospital because of ‘no food.’ Do you think that the star is finally feeling the pressure? Hopefully not, or this would be a new record. Plus, I don’t think I could imagine her becoming anorexic. She’s too much of a sweet heart to be. Turn to page 10 for more.

She didn’t continue to read, yet closed the magazine and continued to eat the marshmallow cereal to the sounds of the moving bus.

“Morning,” Jay had entered rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“Morning,” She replied as he sat down in front of her.

“Give me some,” He said lazily.

“Get your own bowl,”

“I’m too tired,” He pouted.

“So don’t be,” She smart mouthed.

“Are you two fighting?” Chris walked into the area.

“She started it,” Jay said getting up for a bowl.

“Yeah right,” she muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Chris asked.

“Read it and weep,” She pushed the magazine toward him, “I’m going to get ready,”
After reading the paper, Chris sighed pushing it to the side once again.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, are the other’s joining us this morning?” Chris got a pop-tart out of the cabinet.

“I believe they’re going first and then we come in later,”

“I think Kristen needs a bit of Joe right now.”

Jay shrugged agreeing and the two continued to eat as a just woken up Andrew came out before a ready dressed Kristen.

“One Andrew wake up,” Jay started, “And Kristen did you braid your hair,”

She nodded sitting down on the couch and putting on her converse.

“You haven’t braided your hair since middle school,”

“Then wasn’t it time for change?”

They nodded in agreement, “Good.”

Another ten minutes or so the bus had stopped moving, meaning they had arrived in front of the radio station, meaning the boys only had about fifteen minutes to get ready, leaving Kristen in the kitchen area alone.

“Oh Lucy I’m home,” A voice called into the bus and her face brightened at the sight of his face.

“You look like you have no body,” She said randomly.

“I can be a magician,” He was astounded but then walked over to where she was, “Your hair, it’s different,”

“Is that a good thing?” She smirked.

“It’s cute,” He sweetly smiled kissing her cheek, “Ready for the interview?”

She smiled and nodded.

“Okay so what’s wrong?” He asked arms folded.

“Nothing I promise. Isn’t your interview starting soon?”

“Are you trying to get rid of me?”

“No, it’s just your band isn’t really the Jonas Brothers without all three of you,”

“True, but I actually just wanted to see you. Say good morning,”

“Awe well thank you, but I’m not being blamed for keeping you. Anyways I’ll see you in a few,”

“Come with me now,” he begged.

“Why?” She whined.

“Because it’s been a day and a day without you is like a year without you and that’s like
impossible,”

“Oh you’re a dork,” She laughed.

“Yo Joe,” Andrew came in.

“Tell your sister to go with me,”

“Kristen go with him,” Andrew just said for the heck of it.

“I’m going,” She stood up dragging Joe along, “Come on slow poke,”

“You’re the one that’s slow,” He accused.

“Nope,”

“Definitely,” He fought back.

“I’ll race you,”

He smirked and started to run without a response leaving Kristen to catch up to him. By the time that had happened they were inside the studio where everyone was waiting.

“Morning Kristen,” Kevin said.

“Morning,” She smiled.

“Kris, she’s not answering,” Nick pouted.

“Nick, there’s a time difference,” She laughed at how much he wanted to call Erica or for her to answer anyways.

“Can’t this tour be over already,”

“No because then I couldn’t record an album,”

“We could have done that anytime,” Joe countered.

“You’re suppose to be on my side,”

“I am, but it’s true we could have,” She rolled her eyes as she sat on the couch.

“Weird,”

“I hear a girl’s voice,” A new voice shouted and in came Ryan.

“Hey Ryan,” The brothers greeted as Kristen stood behind them.

“Awe, your Kristen correct,” She nodded.

“And Joe was able to have someone like you as his girlfriend,” He looked confused, “Have
you seen Joe,”

“Hey what’s wrong with Joe?” Joe asked.

“Nothing,” Ryan assured.

“That’s what I thought!” Kristen laughed at Joe’s fake gangster.

After getting a chuckle in Ryan looked back at Kristen, “Will you be joining these three or be waiting for your band,”

“I think I’ll wait for my band,”

“Good I can embarrass them then,” He smiled.

“Guys we’re on in ten. We need you in your places,” A man who looked important with his
headset came in, “Ms. Jacobs you can watch them from the hallway,”

“Cool, see you later,” She said and was bombarded with hugs and a kiss from Joe.

“Bye love,” He smirked as they went their separate ways.

It was funny seeing the boys in a radio station and Kristen would have to contain her laughter from all the stupid things Joe was doing and they weren’t even on air yet.

“We’re on in 5..4..3..” The guy signaled the last two numbers and the red light turned green.

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, today we have a lot of special guests like we always
do. Right now I am joined with the famous Jonas Brothers and later we will be talking to their wonderful opening act J.A.C.K’s Lullaby,” Ryan started, “So how are you boys doing this morning,”

“Really great,” Kevin replied.

“Now you three are on tour right now,” The three nodded, “How is it different from your last
tour,”

“Well we have a few new tricks up our sleeve to make it more entertaining and we have a
really great opening act,” Nick answered.

“Yes, now Joe,” He eyed him.

“Ryan,” Joe answered with the same tone.

“Why don’t you tell us about your new girlfriend?” Ryan leaned back in his chair smiling.
Joe looked at Kristen smiling, “What do you want to know,”

“How’d you two meet?”

“Oh they fell in love when she was showing us around her school,” Nick answered.

“K, do you know each other well?”

“Ryan the two of them could take a quiz a pass it with 150%,” Kevin replied.

“I love how I don’t have to answer these things,” Joe butted in.

“Okay let’s see who answers this what do you think about the magazine’s that involve her,”

Everyone was silent at the question, letting Kristen know that Joe had definitely read the articles. All eyes were on Joe now, waiting upon the answer.

“I think she’s my best friend and love who is being ganged upon by the media in order to make her look bad when she’s not. Again, everyone don’ t judge a person unless you know them and have talked to them. It hurts me to see her get hurt like this,”

“Now wasn’t that sweet,” Ryan said.

“Anything else?”

“Do you think she’d want to come inside right now and talk with you three?” Ryan asked and Kristen immediately shook her head no, unfortunately Joe nodded and the door had opened up for her.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Kristen Jacobs,”

“Hi,” She said shyly sitting next to Joe.

“How are you this wonderful morning,”

“Great, it’s nice being back on tour after that break,”

“So let’s clear this up, Kristen were or weren’t you admitted in the hospital,”

“I was. I fainted because of a panic attack and because of no food, but I was busy worrying about my little sister to even think about myself so yeah,”

“There you go everyone, Kristen Jacobs is just sweet and caring!” They laughed, “So Kristen do you really like Joe?”

“Who’s Joe?” she asked holding back her laughter yet getting a gasp from Joe, “I’m kidding. Yes I really do like Joe,”

“There we have it ladies and gentlemen one Jonas Brother taken,” Ryan laughed but Kevin interrupted.

“You’re going to have to say two Jonas’,”

“TWO! Who are you going out with?”

“Her name is Danielle. She writes for Vibe magazine and she is Kristen’s cousin,”

“Oh wow, ladies, we are losing them. What about you Nick,”

“I’m close, but not fully taken,” He smirked

“Fortunately, he’s going out with my friend,”

“Wow, Kristen do you have someone for me to go out with?” Ryan joked.
The four faked the laugh and started to really laugh.

“Okay, we’re going to play the Jonas Brother’s latest single while the rest of J.A.C.K.’s Lullaby comes in to talk to us,”

“And we’re off,” the guy from the other room shouted.

“That wasn’t that embarrassing,” Joe said.

“No, I decided to save those questions for Kristen’s group,”

“There are so many stories,” She smiled.

“You better not say anything Kris,”

“Never,” she said slyly.

“Tell the one of Joe trying to lick his elbow,” Nick suggested.

“Why don’t you tell the one where Nick got shot down by some girl,”

“You two are so mean to each other,” Kevin interrupted, “Tell the one where these two
tripped while bowling,”

“What are we talking about?” Her brothers entered.

“What embarrassing story we’re telling,”

“OH! I know,” Chris shouted while everyone waited for him, “It’s a secret!”

“JACKS Lullaby you’re on in fifteen,” The important looking man said to the group.

“We’ll see you guys later,” Kristen waved before Joe gave her a quick kiss.

“Bye,” He cooed.

Trying to hide her blush she walked inside the other room and sat down with her group facing Ryan.

“Everyone ready?” Ryan asked.

The group nodded smiling and the countdown began.

“Okay now we have JACKS Lullaby on the show today, how are all of you today?” He asked.

“We are great today,” Jay replied.

“Good. So has your life changed while you’ve been on the tour?”

“Not really girls always scream for me,” Chris smiled.

“Chris I’m sorry to tell you this but they scream because your face scares them,” Kristen replied and got a crowd full of ‘burns’.

Chris was left sitting in his chair pouting, “I’m sorry” She got up to hug him.

“Okay so I guess you’re all pretty close,” Ryan raised his eyebrows.

“Very close, we’ve known each other since we were small toddlers,” Andrew answered.

“And none of you have ever liked each other?”

“EWWW!” They all replied.

“One we’re not going,” Jay said pointing to Andrew, Chris, and himself, “Second Kristen is
too much of our best friend and little sister to ever become something more,”

“Little sister. You’re related?”

“We might as well be,” Kristen shrugged, “Like we said we’ve known each other for the
longest time so we consider each other siblings,”

“Oh. Now boys what do you think of the Jonas Brothers since we already know what Kristen thinks,” She gasped fakely at Ryan’s comment but let it go.

“Well Nick and Kevin are really cool, chill, down to earth people,” Jay started.

“And Joe?” Ryan lead.

“Joe, he’s a handful of problems that we have to deal with…”Chris looked at Joe through the
window, “No, I’m kidding he’s a really cool guy,”

Ryan nodded and started to ask questions about the tour and upcoming events that they
were excited to see. In the end, the interview went quite smoothly and no more questions about relationships came up.

“That is all the time we have today. It was really great having you all here with us this
morning,”

“Never a problem Ryan,” The four responded smiling.

“And we hope all of you with a radio have a great day!” Ryan ended and they were off the air.

“Very good job guys,” Ryan smiled.

“Thank you,” They nodded while heading back to the waiting area to find the three boys.

“You were great,” Joe greeted with a hug, “And that burn on Chris was genius,”

“I was taught by the master, thanks Nick,”

“Funny,” Joe whispered holding her close.

“Hey there is a party tonight maybe you four would like to go?” Ryan came up to them.

“What about the Jonas’,”

“Well there will be alcohol there and I know it will totally go against their way,” Ryan
answered.

Kristen looked at her brothers and saw that in Andrew’s shrug that he didn’t want them to, “I
think we’ll have to gracefully decline but thank you for the invitation,”

“Okay but the offer still stands it’ll be at the G Club downtown,” Ryan added before taking off.

Kristen looked up to Joe and saw that his face was a bit torn and distant, “You okay?” She whispered.

He slowly looked down at her and nodded.Yet, she could see way past it and knew they would be talking about it later.

“You guys want to get breakfast?” Kevin offered.

“YES!” The rest of the boys answered.

“Okay we have the van with us anybody need anything in the bus?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah, I need my bag. Joe can you follow me?” She eyed his actions while he just nodded stiffly.

“We’ll be back,” She said while they started to walk in the opposite direction of the group.

For a few feet, the walk was quiet and awkward until Kristen decided to test something out. She let go of Joe’s hand and he looked down and paused, “What?” he panicked.

She smiled relieving some of his pain and taking his hand once again, “Sorry just wanted to see if you were here with me. You okay? After Ryan invited us you seemed distracted,”

“I don’t want you to think that just because my brothers and I can’t go out you don’t have to,” He responded softly.

“I know I could have gone I was the one invited. Joe, come on my brothers and I follow the
same path you three do. Plus I’m not being put into jail for underage drinking, that’s just
lame,” She joked.

He smiled the smile she loved and the atmosphere was without any tension, “So what would you want to go to jail for,”

“I don’t know, steal an elephant from the zoo maybe,” She shrugged, winning her a kiss from Joe.

“Please don’t change for anyone,” He whispered.

“Never,” She agreed as they got to the bus.

“So what did you need?” Joe asked.

“Nothing really,” She replied hesitantly, “I just needed an excuse to talk to you plus you got in
your daily workout!”

All he could do was smile and hug the girl he loved as they started to walk back to where the other members were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken a while
schools been very very hectic
anyways
COMMENTS!