Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Hugs and Goodbyes

Christmas had passed so had New Years and they were now at their last show. The two bands decided it was better to just exchange gifts and spend Christmas in separate rooms. It was very emotional for two of them though.

12/25/09

Joe’s POV

“Okay Joe this is for you,” Nick handed the present to me.

I looked at the wrapping and then the traced my fingers over the nametag. It was from Kris.

We hadn’t talked about anything since my accident. Why did I ever have to do that?

Joe, I know that we’re not together anymore but I really hope you like the gift. Caring always, Kris

That was the card, and I wanted to tear it up into a billion little pieces, I couldn’t. I wanted to
be mad at her forever, but I couldn’t. I was too in love with her.

I started with the edges, and tore the wrapping down the middle. There were strings and it was blue. It was a guitar that seemed to be perfect. That didn’t end it there was also a card.

Opening it, it had her scent on it, vanilla.

It read Joe take Nick to the concert. I think you two will enjoy it together –Kris

I groaned finding out they were Switchfoot tickets. I held them up and Kevin and Nick gave me a weak smile.

I bit my lip and slumped, back against the foot of the bed.

“Come on buddy it’s Christmas you have to have a bit of cheer,” Nick tried to help.

“How can I be happy when the girl who knows me so well, breaks up with me,” I mumbled.

There was a knock on our door and Kevin decided to get it.

“Hey Joe,” It was a girl’s voice it just wasn’t my girls voice.

“Hi Dan,” I replied.

“They say Merry Christmas,” She attempted.

“What is so Merry about it,” I shrugged.

“She wanted to give this to you,” She held a box.

I took it and opened it once again to find a gold watch, “She said there was something
engraved,”

I turned the watch around and found the words, “Live in the present”

I cringed I just wanted to live with her in my life.

“Thanks.”

Kristen’s POV

Our presents were open and wrapping paper was everywhere. I had heard from Daniey, that
I was taking the break up way better than Joe and that pained me.

“Kris this is yours,” Jay handed a small box to me.

I smiled opening the unnamed package, “Thanks.”

It was blue and as I opened it a piece of paper fell out.

Whether you accept it or not. My heart is always with you –Joe

I looked down and a beautiful silver heart was on a chain. It had a sapphire stone in the
center, my favorite color.

It was nonetheless beautiful. I did miss him, but I would never admit it. This was what we
needed to survive. We would both be okay, I hoped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They were all done with the last show of the tour and there was no more bus. They had packed the night before and they’re bags were at the airport. They were already to head back home, all except for one.

“Kris, I can’t believe you’re not coming home with us!” Danielle hugged her tightly in the
airport.

“Well college sounded good.” She laughed softly.

“Make sure you call me as soon as you arrive,” Her cousin was on the verge of tears.

She nodded agreeing smiling and went onto her brothers, “We’re going to miss you Kris.”

“I know, but we’ll be in touch always. Since we do need to finish an album,” She smiled
knowing this wouldn’t be the end of their career, but a really great beginning.

“Yes yes,” Jay piped in.

“GROUP HUG!” Chris yelled and the three of them engulfed Kristen surrounding her so that
she was not able to see anything except their shirts.

“Guys,” She whined. They laughed letting her go and she went on to the last three people.

“Kevin,” She said.

“Kris,” He smiled.

“Take care of my cousin will you,” she asked.

He nodded, “Of course,” taking her into a hug.

Next it was Nick, “It won’t be the same without you.”

“I know but you’ll survive like the rest,” she laughed hugging him.

“Watch over your brother for me won’t you,” she whispered.

“I’ll keep you updated,” He replied.

Letting go she had to face her most difficult confrontation, Joe.

“Hey,” She said softly.

“Hey,” He answered.

“Look I know we’re not on the greatest terms but I really want us to be friends Joe,” She
admitted.

He wanted to be more, “Okay.” But he complied.

She bit her lip not knowing if she could hug him.

“Come here,” He opened his arms and she happily went inside of them.

“I’ll miss you,” he whispered.

“Me too, keep in contact please,” she replied.

He pulled away nodding slowly.

“The flight for Boston, Massachusetts is now boarding,” the voice came on the intercom.

“Okay everyone I must go,” She announced and everyone hugged her once more before she
actually started to walk away.

“Plane ticket,” The lady asked and she handed over the blue paper.

“Enjoy your flight,” She smiled and Kristen was off into a whole new world.

I love you she pressed and clicked on Joe’s name yet never pressed the send button.

“We are now about to take off,” the voice came over the plane and she clicked her seatbelt
closed and closed her eyes preparing for take off.
♠ ♠ ♠
KAY
so sucky ending I know but I just wanted to jump into the sequel.
any suggestions for names
---gina