Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

It made her think

Image

The next two shows were sort of like the first one. As we got into middle school, some of the boys weren't into the show, but the girls were estatic. The same for high school, the boy's just sat back in mere jealousy over how their girlfriends were screaming for another dude. It was funny! Joe and I didn't do anymore pushups knowing that it wasn't worth it. The shows were over and the day was done.

"I hope you three had a great day," I said as we walked out.

"Yes, we're just happy you're able to put up with us!" Kevin smiled. Mr. Prox soon came into the picture.

"So, you boy's are coming tomorrow correct?" He was happy that they decided this.

"That is right,"Nick said.

"Well, good news. Paul will be back tomorrow, so we won't need your services anymore Kristen. Thank you," He said and I smiled about to leave.

"Actually," Joe interferred, "In lockdown, we were wondering maybe if both could do it,"

"I'm okay with that, Kristen?" He looked at me with plea.

"Sure," This time I wasn't so mad about it.

"Great! Then I'll see everyone tomorrow. Goodbye," Mr. Prox left.

I just smiled, "You three are really wierd you know that?"

"Are you mad at us?" They gave puppy dawg pouts.

"No," I rolled my eyes,"I can't be. Wait, Joe give me your number, I'll pass it on to Paul," Taking out my Blackberry.

"I'll trade you for yours," He said pulling out his IPhone.

I sighed and nodded. My number & picture we're now in his mobile device, it was vise versa.

"Okay, I better be going to rehearsal. See you guys later," I said grabbing my phone and running across the school to the drama room. I wasn't late YES!

"Hey Mr. J,"I said putting my bag down and sitting in the front row desk.

"Well we should have a great class today," He said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"We have a guest speaker today," He was enthusiastic.

"Cool, does that mean we're taking a day off of rehearsal?" I asked.

He nodded and I swear I was about to leap out of my seat and just throw myself a party. But I controlled myself as everyone else came in.

"Okay, everyone, settle down," Everyone was finally quiet,"Today we have a special guest. Everyone Nick Jonas," He said and I wasn't surprised, everybody was clapping insanely.

He started to talk about his life in music and broadway plays, then people asked questions and soon enough it was over. He wasn't actually half bad, quite interesting actually. He came over to me when people started to leave.

"Everywhere I go now, theres a Jonas," I playfully said.

"It's nice to see you again too," I responded.

"So where are your brothers,?" I asked.

"Hotel, your teacher asked me personally," He smiled with pride.

"Oh that's cool, you were really good," I commented.

"Thanks. So I hear that you are the star of the play," He alleged...

"Yes, this is true," I pronounced.

"Hey, how was lunch with Joe," he inquired.

"Went good. We ate pasta," More like shared it. He looked very distracted by something, like he wanted to say something that made him die inside,"You okay?"

"Yeah, look I need to tell you something," He spoke in a softer turn.

"Sure whatsup?" I always felt an urge to help people. He motioned me to take a walk down the hall with him to the door outside.

"I know he's going to kill me later on for telling you, but Joe like's you," He let out a deep breathe.

"Oh okay," I shrugged.

"Okay? You're not going crazy, you're not excited?" He was now going overboard.

"Look your brother will probably get over me by tomorrow," I said.

"No, but he hasn't made his move yet, which he has usually done by now," When he said this it kind of made me think.

"Well then he's over it already," I hated getting my hopes up for something to let me down again. I've had that too much in my life and I really didn't want to spoil my friendship with these three.

"Hey guys!" The voice sent stupid butterflies back into my stomach.

"Hey Joe," I waved seeing that we were now outside.

"So how was class?" He asked with a massive grin on his face.

"So boring, we had to listen to your brother ramble on about his life," I pretended to yawn as he gasped in disbelief,"I'm kidding. It was really good,"

"That's great," Joe said,"Oh Kristen, do you want to go bowling with us later on? Kevin found this place down the street and thought maybe-"

"Sure, sounds good. Vicky B. Bowling right?" I asked.

"Yeah," He nodded.

"Okay can I bring someone?" I asked thinking of the perfect person.

They both nodded.

"K, meet you guys there like sevenish. See ya!" I waved backing away to my car.

As soon as I was in I called Dani, my one and only cousin.

"Hello," Her voice was secretary like.

I altered my voice so it sounded just like hers,"Hi this is Kristen Jacobs, I'm trying to get a hold of my cousin Danielle. She never seem's to call me anymore,"

"Hi Kris. I'm sorry times a million, but you know how work is," She said. She worked for vibe magazine.

"Yeah, yeah, just wanted to call and say I'm bowling with the Jonas Brothers tonight," My voice was flat.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!" She shrieked.

"I'm taking you have interest in this?" I smiled.

"Yes! Victor and I are fighting over a spot to get an interview with them!" She was still squealing.

"Well I asked them if I could invite someone, but I don't know who. Any suggestions?" I asked waiting for her to get mad at me.

"KRISTEN!" She yelled.

"I'm kidding, of course I'm taking you. No interviews though, I really don't want them to hate me," I said.

"Fine, can I at least bring my camera?" She asked.

"Sure, but you can't use it for any article," I loved bargaining with her.

"Ughh, okay," She agreed.

"Good. Be at my house in like 10. I need you to help me pick out an outfit," I said. She would have made me change anyways, why not just tell her.

"Ooh who are we trying to impress?" She probed.

"No one. I just always need to look good," I said.

"Fine see ya then," By the time we hung up, I was already home.

"Jenny!" I yelled.

"Hey," she came out of the kitchen.

"Oh, hi. I'm not going to be home for dinner," I said.

"Aww, to think I was going to spend one meal with both of my daughters," I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to see a smiling father. I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

"Daddy!" I was happy he was here,"What are you doing here? Where's Cierra?"

"Well you do have a play in a few days, Cierra's still shopping," He smiled.

"Hey Uncle J," Danielle came through the door.

"Hello Dani. I figure you'll be with my daughter tonight," She nodded.

"Well I got to get her changed," She said then grabbed my hand going straight towards my closet. Five minutes later.

"What about this?"

Image

"Dan, we're going bowling. Not on a ship," I said.

"Gosh! You have too many cute clothes in here!" She said re-entering my closet.

Five more minutes later she came out with this smiling,

Image

"Laid back, but still cute. Love it," I grabbed it then changed in the bathroom.

"So who are you trying to impress?" She asked.

"No one," I said.

"Kris,"

"Nick told me Joe likes me," I said softly.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! You're going out with a Jonas!" She went histerical.

"I am not! Look we're not making a big deal out of this okay, he's probably over it. I doubt he even did anyways," I concluded.

"Oh come on. Your sweet, caring, VP, and gorgeous. He's an idiot to not see that," She smiled.

"Thanks, but I don't know," I replied.

"KRISTEN! SOMEONE'S HERE TO SEE YOU!" My father yelled.

I looked at Danielle bewildered and we both ran down to see Joe and Kevin.

"Hey guy's what are you doing here?" I asked.

"We thought we'd take one car. Save gas and the environment," Joe said.

"Oh, Kevin and Joe this is Danielle my cousin. Danielle two of the Jonas Brothers," I introduced them.

"Hi," Her attitude suddenly changed around Kevin.

"Hey," Apparently his did too.

"Okay, I'm going to grab my bag. Meet you outside," I said and we all split. Danielle going with them.

Grabbing my cell, purse, money, and jacket, I slipped on my converse and headed out the door.

They were all waiting outside for me. I was jealous that he looked just as good as I did. Kevin opened up the passenger side for Danielle.

"Man, I wanted shot gun," He muttered,"But sitting with you was my first choice," He smiled. Rolling my eyes I opened the back door to reveal an finger drumming Nick listening to his ipod. Following me, Joe and I sat in the way back of the Escalade.

"So uh, you look great," He was hesistant.

"You too," It was easy for me. He was dressed in this:

Image

"I thought your parents were coming?" I asked.

"They bailed out on us. Frankie wanted to go and watch Barney on ice," He said,"I guess he's better than his own flesh,"

I laughed,"Don't think like that! Maybe he just wanted to see Barney"

"Maybe. So have you ever bowled?" He inquired.

"Yeah, I suck at it, I actually have no idea why I'm going," I said, honestly I knew why though.

"It's because of my darn phone isn't it," he said. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Your phone is the greatest," we both laughed, "Hey is Kevin single?"

"I think so, why do you?"

"No, but I think someone else does," I said looking at Danielle and Kevin getting along perfectly.

"They'll hook up," Joe said and we both smiled. The rest of the way we played 20 questions, but it was more like 13 questions. I told him we'll finish on the way back.