Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Marshmallows & Bowling

Image

We were standing in line to get bowling shoes, Joe and I were last.

"Shoe size," The man behind the counter's rough voice said.

"9.5," Joe answered

"7 please," I smiled as the guy left.

"Small feet?" Joe turned.

"Don't hate!" I said taking the shoes the guy just brought back.

Joe and I walked over to lane 4, where everyone had a smile on their face.

"Ok, everyone's name is in the system, Joe you're up first," Kevin said sitting next to Dani.

Joe grabbed his blue ball, and looked so pro in the lane. He bowled a seven. His second try he bowled a two.

"Kristen, your up," Danielle cooed.

Joe was about to sit down when, "Joe, will you help me?" Just blurted out of my mouth.

His mouth turned into a smile and he lead me to the lane after I took my green ball.

"Ok,so all you do is put your fingers in the holes, and then put it together like you're going to pitch," His breathe was warm as he was right behind me,"and the bring it back," Our bodies touched and it was like heaven,"Then swing," He whispered and I did it. The funniest thing happened, I got a strike.

"WOAH! JOE MUST HAVE MAGIC BECAUSE SHE SUCKS AT THIS GAME!" Danielle shouted. I'll glare at her later. Right now I was too busy smiling with Joe. I went back first and sat down. Nick went up next.

Joe's POV
After the sixth frame, I was tempted to go and buy food.

"Kris, you want to go to the snack bar?" I asked.

She nodded and got up, grabbing her wallet. I took it and put it back down, she looked at me confused.

"It's on me," She rolled her eyes to the saying.

We walked over in happy silence, to the teenage boy behind the counter.

"Hi how may I help you today?" He asked.

"Five hot dogs," She said politely like always.

"and five small slushies," He never took his eyes off of her.

"Okay be right back," He then left.

"He likes you," I mentioned to her.

"Huh? No way Joe," She looked at me in disbelief.

"Whatever, your good at bowling though,"

"I have a great teacher,"

"Oh and who might that be?"

"Some guy named Joe, totally forgot his last name though," Her smirk was cute.

"Here you go Miss," The guy came back,"That'll be $5.25,"

"You do know that's the cost of one hotdog and two slushies right," She looked at the prices.

"Well you get a discount," He smiled.

"Hmm," She turned to me and put a hand on my arm,giving me goosebumps,"Baby, will you pay for these, my wallets over there," She wasn't being a goldigger, it was true. She was a good actress too.

"Sure," She hugged me then left.

"Oh dude, I didn't know she was with you," He apologized looking at her walk away,"You're so lucky!"

"Yeah, so $5.25?" I took out my wallet.

"No, actually its $8.30," He said.

"I would take this up with your manager, but I'm having a good day," I gave him a ten then left.

"Sir," He called.

"Keep the change," I shouted back.

As soon as I put the stuff down, I took two slushies then left before everyone pounced.

"Here you go," I handed one to Kristen.

"Thanks babe," She giggled joking.

We continued our game, and everything was going well.

Kristen had just finished her tenth frame with a strike.

"Hey you want to go to the arcade?" It was a dumb question to ask a seventeen year old girl.

"Sure," She smiled then started to walk. I caught up with her.

"Tomorrow is going to be wierd," She started.

"Why?"

"Because Paul usually does things, solo. If he was assigned to do it, he hates help,"

"Well then we'll tell him you have things covered,"

"No, you don't know how much that would hurt him. I mean I didn't help with this assignment," She said.

"So why are you here exactly," I asked. Maybe she did it for school or to be in magazines.

"Because I wanted to really find out who the Jonas brothers were, and I like spending a little more time with one of them," She was looking at the flashing lights in the pinball machine.

"Really, who can that be?" I crossed my arms.

"Hey guys we're getting ice cream! Let's go!" Nick said passing by.

She smiled and the walked toward everyone else. We finished our 20 questions and were now outside or Cold Stone.

"Excuse me I'll be back," I had to pee.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"Little boy's room," I answered.

She giggled,"Told you not to drink two slushies,"

"Was it my fault you wouldn't drink yours!" I responded.

"Yeah," She turned to look at the ice cream tubs as I went to find a restroom.

Kristen's POV

"Okay what does everyone want?" I asked.

"Rocky Road," Kevin and Danielle answered together, both blushing.

"What about you Nick?" He was still looking.

"OOH! Cotton Candy!" He practically jumped.

"You're getting a small,"

"Fine," He agreed.

"Chocolate Marshmallow for Joe right?" I asked.

He smirked and crossed his arms,"Yeah how'd you know that,"

"He told me in the car," I replied knowing what he thought.

"Kristen and Joe," he began to sing.

"beating up Nick," I ended.

He stuck out his tongue then left. I went over to the cash register.

"Hi how may I help you," The girl asked.

"K, two rocky roads, one cotton candy, one chocolate marshmallow, and a cake batter," I said in one breathe.

"What size?" She started punching buttons.

"All small," That rhymes.

"Big order," She smiled.

"Three boys," I laughed.

"Oh, so that'll be $9.50," She said. I gave her my card, she swiped it and gave me my receipt to sign. Just as she gave it to me Joe came out.

"You ordered already!" He pressed his forehead to the glass.

"Yeah," I signed it,"Why did you want something?"

"Chocolate Marshmallow," He pouted.

"Oh, I got you cotton candy like Nick," I was dying to laugh but kept a straight face.

He made a gagging face and then shrugged leaving to where the others were.

"Here you go," The lady handed me the tray filled with sweets.

"Thanks," I took it and then went to the others.

"K, I got two rocky roads, one cotton candy, and oh what is this?" I said picking up Joe's ice cream,"I thought I asked for two cotton candies not a chocolate marshmallow," His face lit up,"I'll be back,"

"Kristen," He took it from me,"Thank you,"

This night had gone well and everyone was happily enjoying their ice cream. Getting back into the car Joe and I were playing 20 questions, but I think I stopped at 12 when my eyelids got heavy.

"Aww they're so cute," I heard a voice say.

"What do we do?" Is that Jenny.

"Well I need to get back," Another voice said sounding like Kevin.

I opened my eyes to see Danielle, Kevin, and Jenny staring at me. I turned my head and knew why they were in awe. Joe and I must have fallen asleep because his arm was around me. I snuggled out making sure not to wake him.

"How long have you guys been watching us," I asked.

"Couple of minutes," Kevin shrugged.

"Yeah, good thing you woke up, we didn't know what to do," Jenny said then went back inside the house.

"Okay say goodnight to Joe for me k Kevin," I said, he nodded and gave me a hug.

I walked away giving him and my cousin some privacy. They hugged and stayed in that position for two minutes.

"COME ON DANIEY!" I shouted and she let go. She came inside the house and we both plopped down on the couches.

"I'm spending the night," She announced.

"Duh!"I laughed,"Tonight was amazing,"

"So you like Joe?" She asked turning her head.

"Maybe, there is a possibilty there," I said then closed my eyes.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
man, they sure can eat a lot!
so what you think?
comment!