Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Meet the boys

Image

Joe's POV
"Joe, come on dude," I felt a tug on my shirt.

"What?" I woke up to see myself in the car still,"Where's Kristen?"

"At home, she said goodnight. Now let's go," Kevin said and started to walk away. I sighed then got out and went inside. Entering the room, Nick was watching t.v.

I lied down on the hotel bed in frustration.

"You like Kristen right?" He asked still watching the t.v.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"So won't you ask her out already. She thinks it's a one day crush," He replied.

"WHAT!" I jumped up,"You told her!"

"Hey somebody had to, plus she likes you. I can totally see that," He added before I pounced on him.

"I don't know, it's different with her," I was now calm.

"Why don't you call her in the morning," He said and then went into the bathroom.

I looked at my phone and thought about a different idea.

Kristen's POV

'Your on the phone, with your girlfriend she's upset.'
The ringtone started.

"What the f," I mumbled looking at the clock. 1:30 a.m.

I answered, "Hello?"

"Hey Kristen," Joe's voice was quiet.

"JOE! Do you know what time it is!" I shouted at him in a whisper.

"Yeah, did I wake you?"

"No, I mean I'm always up at 1:30 in the morning," I was a cranky person
when woken up.

"I see you're pretty mad about this," his tone apologetic.

Before I made a snarky remark, I took a deep breathe,"No, Joe what's up?"

"I like this girl,"

"You woke me up to tell me this,"

"I couldn't go to sleep,"

"okay tell me all about her," I said, phone next to my ear closing my eyes on my comfy pillow.

"Well I haven't known her long, but she's incredible and gorgeous. We connect so well together, and I always smile around her. There's something different about this girl," Oh gosh, see told you he found someone else,"Kris, you there?"

"Hmm, yeah. Why don't you just ask her already?" I said.

"I want to, but I have this fear of rejection. Which is wierd cause I don't get that often."

"If she's really this great she'll say yes in a heartbeat," I was totally expecting this, even though I knew it wouldn't happen, it still hurts.

"Okay, so Kris one last thing,"

"Yes Joe," My voice soft and tired.

"Do you want to have dinner tomorrow night?"

I was now wide awake,"Like, wait, what! You want to have dinner with me, like a date?"

"Yeah, unless you don't want to call it a date, cause," he started to ramble.

"Joe,shut up," I said and he was quiet,"I'm not dreaming right?"

"I don't think so, unless you talk in your sleep,"

"So tomorrow, if I ask you about this, you'll remember," I asked.

"Yeah,"

I took a deep breathe in,"Then yeah, sure,"

"Your saying yes?"

"Unless you want me to say no,"

"No, I mean, forget the last five seconds would ya,"

"Sure, anything else Joe,"

"Yeah, Night Kristen,"

"Night Joe,"

Tomorrow was going to be one of those great days, just like today.

In the morning, heading over to the school, I was so pumped up and anxious to see Kristen with her straight hair and black shades. When we got there, her car wasn't in the parking lot. I practically raced out of the bus, just to find a teenage boy who I guessed was,

"Hello, my name is Paul," he said shaking my hand and smiling.

"Hey, I'm Joe, that's Kevin and Nick, we're the Jonas Brothers," I said extremely fast looking for her car.

"So today we're going to have a busy day," He started to ramble on about stuff I think we were going to do today, but I was too distracted. She had just parked and came out. Today, however, her hair wasn't straight, but wavy. Coming out she had a starbucks tray in her hand, this girl was amazing!

"Hello boys," She smiled taking off her shades.

"Hey," We replied.

"I have three Caramel Macchiato and one decaf for Joe," She handed them out.

"Decaf?"I looked at the drink.

"Joe, it's early in the morning I think it's a good idea to not have you bouncing off the walls just yet," Kevin said smiling.

Another car pulled up and the guys we saw yesterday in the caffeteria were there.

"Hey Kristen," They waved. She waved back.

"Kristen can you please excuse your brothers?" Paul asked quietly.

"Why? They aren't hurting anyone," She shot back.

"Yet," He mumbled.

"Kristen I didn't know you had brothers," I said.

"Not biologic, I've known them all of my lives. Everyone just calls them my brothers," She rolled her eyes as one of them fell out.

"Look we have to get going now for the first assembly," Paul said and started walking. We all followed, Kristen and I last.

"Joe," She said.

"hmm,"

"Are we going on a date tonight?"

I wanted to mess with her,"Date? Kristen what are you talking about?"

"Nevermind," She said and continued to mumble,"stupid dream,"

Chuckling a bit to myself,"Kris, we are,"

She smacked my arm, stuck her tongue out and the caught up with the others. We had gotten to the auditorium and Kathleen was there.

"Hi Joe," She yelped. I waved.

"How is your morning?" She hugged me.

"Uh, fine," I replied.

"So I was thinking maybe you'd want to see the some sites this week. Hawaii is a pretty place to explore," She smiled.

"Oh, we're on a tight schedule," No we weren't,"I'll have to see about that,"

"I understand, just let me know," She kissed me on the cheek then skipped off.

"Uh dude?" I heard Nick's voice.

"Yeah?" I asked turning around.

"What was that? I mean I thought you liked Kristen,"

"I do, she came up to me. That's all," I shrugged.

Kristen's POV

My phone had rung and I stepped outside. The ringer said Jenny.

"Hey Jen," I said.

"Hey your dad wanted me to tell you his company is holding a dinner at the Hyatt, he wanted you to come," she said happily.

"Really!" I acted excited, I mean I did want to spend time with my dad, but then I looked back inside to find a silly Joe making faces.

"Yeah, he wants to know if you want John Riley to be your date?"

"Do you think he'll mind if I bring someone else," I had an idea.

"I don't think so, well he wouldn't make a big scene there anyways," She laughed a bit.

"Okay then tell him I'm bringing someone, thanks Jenny!" I said and quickly hung up. I walked back over to Joe and Paul.

"Hey Joe, can I talk to you outside?" I asked.

"Actually we're going to start-"Paul started.

"It'll be fast," Joe interrupted and we went outside,"So watsup?"

"My father has a work dinner tonight that he's asked me to go to," His faced dropped.

"So you can't go on out date," he didn't look at me.

"Not exactly, but I do need an escort," his face came up slowly cracking a smile,"Joe would you like to be my escort tonight?"

"Definately!" He responded with a hug.

"You'll need your tux and tie. Papparazi is a given," I acknowledged.

"When are they never," He said and I rolled my eyes going back inside.

Kids were already packed inside, wiggling around.

"KRISTEN!" Some shouted and waved.

I signaled them to be quiet and waved.

"So boys and girls, do you have any questions for the Jonas Brothers?" Paul asked.

"Do you like Krisy?" Lil' Jackie asked.

"Boys and girls let's not talk about Kristy," I said.

"But Krisy, you like 'em especially," I covered her mouth before she said anything else. She knew I liked Joe the most.

"Isn't she cute," I mumbled as she smiled,"Why doesn't Nick start us off by talking about how the Jonas Brothers started," He nodded and I took my hand off of Jackies mouth.

It was great, their interaction with little kids. It takes a lot to make them happy. Joe made silly faces while his brothers talked at times just so they wouldn't be bored. Then Kevin would just stare at him and ask what he is doing, Joe would deny that he ever did anything and shrug.

We then had an assembly for middle school.

Paul once again announced the boys and questions were started.

"Do you guys have girlfriends?" Joadie asked

"No or at least for some of us not yet," Nick replied.

"Are you going to sing with the choir?" Bella asked.

"We would love the oppurtunity," Joe answered.

About thirty more questions were asked and then we were over. We were now sitting at our lunch table eating pizza.

"Hey Joe, so we're going out tonight right?" Kathleen came up to us.

"Actually," He started.

"Ok good, we'll meet at the local theatre, maybe go out for dinner," she smiled.

"But," He tried to interrupt.

"Oh wear something nice okay! Be there at like 6! Bye Joe," She once again kissed his cheek and left.

"WHAT!" Joe whined and looked at us. I felt mad at her, but why should I be. Joe and I were only going on a date, we weren't going out.

"I totally forgot I had something to do, excuse me," I got up from the table cleaning up my mess and headed toward the music room.

My brothers and I had formed a band, J.A.C.K's lullaby. We usully practiced at lunch or afterschool sometimes. We've done some gigs, nothing big though.

"Look who decided to show up!" Chris announced.

"Guys I'm sorry!" I apologized.

"What have you been up to?" Andrew asked.

"Exploring," I answered.

"Whatever, anyways open mic is tomorrow night are we doing it?" Chris was behind the drums.

"Now when have we ever turned down that offer?" Jay said.

"Okay, so what song are we playing?"

"Can we do 'Run Don't Walk'" We haven't played it in a while.

"Sure let's practice,"

I am restless, and I keep trembling
Everyone watch me as I descend
Into a feeling that's overwhelming me
I finally stopped, stopped making sense

I can't stop talking to myself, I'm a desperate cry for help

Run don't walk the sky is falling through
Don't talk, tonight I'm so confused
I'm lost, I'm lost with you
I don't care where we are, or where were heading to
But I know I'm lost, I'm lost with you, with you

Your mouth keeps moving
But I've lost focus now
Clock keeps ticking, times running out
Where were heading there's no heading back
Tripping, ugly, I'm losing ground

I can't stop talking to myself, I'm a desperate cry for help

Run don't walk the sky is falling through
Don't talk, tonight I'm so confused
I'm lost, I'm lost with you
I don't care where we are, or where were heading to
But I know I'm lost, I'm lost with you, with you

For the record, when I'm with you
Things are looking better
For once everything is brighter
Than the darkness before you

Run don't walk the sky is falling through
Don't talk, tonight I'm so confused
I'm lost, I'm lost with you

Run don't walk the sky is falling through
Don't talk, tonight I'm so confused
I'm lost, I'm lost with you
I don't care where we are, or where were heading to
But I know I'm lost, I'm lost with you


"That was awsome!" I said, but they weren't looking at me, instead they were looking behind me. I turned around to see Joe smiling,"I'll be back,"
I went up and stepped into the empty hallway.

"So you ran away here?" He motioned the door.

"Ran away? No I always come here, plus I ditched them for you yesterday," I smiled.

"Nice song,"

"Thanks, hey you're going with Kathleen tonight right?"

"No, I'm going with you," I shook my head.

"I think it'll be best if you went with her. You might like her," I didn't look at him.

"Do you not want to go with me," I shook my head, that wasn't the reason.

"I don't want you to make a mistake, I'll find someone else okay," I gave him a weak smile,"See ya later," I turned and went back inside.

"Boyfriend?" Jay asked.

"No," I sat down in a chair thinking about what I just did.

"Why not?" He was always okay with other guys.

"Well I asked him to go to the dinner with me, but then Kathleen asked him out and I told him to go with her,"I answered.

"Good, you don't need him Kris. I'll have Bryan take you tonight," I sighed at Andrew's attempt to hook my up with the basketball captain. Again.

I sighed because I couldn't fight with them. I skipped the high school assembly, not wanting to see Joe and Kathleen together. At the end of day I went to my locker.

"Hey Kristen," A happy Bryan T. came over.

"Hey," I acted half of happy.

"So Andrew said you needed a date for a dinner?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, do you want to go?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll meet you there k," He hugged me and left.

Jay came after he left.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I don't know Jay, I really wanted to go with Joe tonight, not Bryan," I pressed my forehead against the cold metal.

"You just met the guy yesterday,"

"I know, that's the wierd part. I've never felt such a strong connection with somebody that I feel with Joe in these last two days,"

"Okay, just go get ready, I'll take care of everything," He said and I was unsure what he meant.

"Fine," I said and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
What'll happen?
Will Kathleen be with Joe or Kristen?
COMMENT!
p.s. the songs:
"Run, Don't Walk" by Hey Monday