Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

Cinderella Dressed in Yellow

Kristen's POV
Hanging out with the guys was really a blast. Danielle had gone back to work today, but promised she'd come tonight to watch the open mic gig. I was never nervous for one of those, but having the Jonas Brothers there, let alone Joe, made my stomach to back flips.

"Oh Kristen there you are, we were starting to worry," Marie said as I came in. She was my best friend set aside from the boys. It was always nice to talk to her about girl things.

"Well, we couldn't have Ms. Kathleen take over now could we?" I smiled and went over to hair and make-up, speaking of the devil.

"Hey Kristen," Kathleen's perky voice filled my ears.

"Hi." I sat down smiling, "So how was your date with Joe?" I wondered what she'd say.

"Magical. We went to the movies, had a great dinner, and walked through the park holding hands," She said while everyone awed.

I laughed a bit to myself and decided to text Joe.

To: JJ
From:Kris
Hey Joe, I just heard you had the greatest date with Kathleen. Now how in the world did you do that and still be able to take me out?

I laughed at my text and pressed send, the crew started to work on my hair and Jenny and I started to talk about random things, as we always did. Then my phone started to ring.

To:Kris
From:JJ
The answer to that my dear is superpowers. LOL. R U serious, I don't even like the girl,

His humor was like a 10-year-olds and I was glad. Most of the guys my brothers set me up with were good looking, but had the I Q. of a 10-year-old. At least Joe was smart.

To: JJ
From: Kris
Yeah, you can settle your fake love for each other later. Where u at?

To:Kris
From:JJ
In the audience, it always feels cool when you're the one watching the show ya know. Speaking of show when is it going to start?

To: JJ
From: Kris
Maybe I should stop texting you so I could get ready, k. See ya out there,

I changed while hearing my phone ring I couldn't look at it right now because the people would get mad at me.

"Okay everyone, come here," Our director called and we all huddled into a circle,"Kristen you look fabulous." He was so nice, I mean I was in rags and he still called me fabulous,"Now where is prince charming?" We looked around at each other.

"Sir," Charlie came through the door,"James is puking in the bathroom,"

"Oh too bad, looks like we're canceling the show," Kathleen was rather happy.

"What about the under-study?" I asked.

"He's off-island," Our director slumped in his chair. Kathleen had a smile on her face.

"Why are you so darn happy?" I glared at her.

"Because, if I can't be the lead then why should anyone else," She walked off.

I sat down in the make-up chair and looked at Joe's text.

To:Kris
From:JJ
Like we say at our shows in Broadway, Break a leg!

That was it. Joe was in Broadway, I dialed his number quickly.

"Yellow," He answered

"Blue," I decided to say randomly.

"Green," He replied cheerfully getting the game.

"Okay we need to stop. Joe did you ever do Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella?" I asked.

"Yeah, I played Prince Charming," There was pride in his tone.

"Well do you think you could play him again?" I asked.

"I might be a bit rusty but sure. Why?" He questioned.

"Let's just say, don't eat anything Kathleen gives you. Look just come back stage and they'll suit you up for the role," I said and hung up. I went over to my director, "I have someone,"

"Who?"

"Joe Jonas," I said and he looked up to the ceiling.

"Why not!" He smiled and got up walking over to tell everyone else. I saw the look on Kathleen's face when he told her the news, I would have cracked up hysterically but that wouldn't be lady like.

"Okay, while Mr. Jonas is getting ready let's get on with the play," The director shouted and so we started. When Joe came out to say his lines, he was different in a way. He played the character and looked the part, he wasn't Joe.

Queen Constantina: We're just planning a little get-together, nothing fancy. Just family, a few close friends... and all the eligible young women in the kingdom.
The Prince: Mother...
Queen Constantina: We're only talking four or five-hundred at the most.


We had done the impossible scene and I was off to the ball. We were now at Joe’s song and mine.

Prince:
Do I love you because you're beautiful,
or are you beautiful because I love you?
Am I making believe I see in you a girl too lovely to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful,
or are you wonderful because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream
or are you really as beautiful as you seem?


Oh god he was so convincing.

Cinderella:
Am I making believe I see in you a man too perfect to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful,
or are you wonderful because I want you?


Both:
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream
or are you really as wonderful as you seem?


Then we somehow found ourselves dancing and he was really good at this. The world slowed down for just that moment, and it was just us. He started to lean in as I did the same, but.

DING DING DING DING!

"Oh dear, I must be getting home now," I said and ran off. Man, I kind of really wanted to kiss him.

I was backstage while they were preparing the next scene.

"That was amazing, I really felt the chemistry between the two of you," Marie hugged me.

"He's a really great actor," I said trying to look poor again.

"Yeah and you have the biggest crush on him ever," She crossed her arms.

"No," I replied.

"Heck yes. I know your acting smile from your real smile, and babe that was such a REAL smile!" She laughed.

"Whatever," I'm trying to convince myself that I don't like him.

"Get out there, they're ready," She said and I hurried out there.

Lionel: Are there any other young women in the house?
Stepmother: [speaking in high-pitched voice] How young?
Lionel: Younger than you.

So he found me, we replaced the wedding part with just a finale song because they wanted to keep the play rated at least PG for the little kids!

"That was fun!" Joe said when we were all done.

"Yes and school is officially over," I cheered.

"Hey Joe I just heard about your date with Kathleen," Marie came over arms crossed, no smile, I forgot to tell her,"ARE YOU AN IDIOT!"

I laughed at at him being scolded,"Marie he wasn't out with her last night,"

"Oh, what!?!" She was now confused and Joe just smiled.

"He escorted me to that ball thingy mc bobber last night," I corrected.

"Yeah, everything she's telling you is a lie," Joe added.

"Okay, I'm just going to sit over there and think about what just happened. Excuse me," She left.

"So that's your best friend?" He asked.

"Hey, she's a little crazy, but she get's me," I shrugged.

"Okay okay. We're going to your gig now right?" He asked.

"Uh," I totally forgot about that,"Yeah, do you want to grab something to eat now or later," I asked.

"Maybe after," He said.

"K, why don't we change into some 21st century clothes and I'll meet you here in a few then," I started backing away. He nodded and I left.

I checked my phone,1 missed call.
Daniey.

I called and put the phone on speaker so I could change.

"Hello?" She answered

"Hey Dan, whatsup?" I asked.

"Nothing just wanted to ask who's coming tonight so I can reserve seats," She asked. Yeah right.

"Well of course the band, so that's 4, and you, 1, and, I think that's it," I said waiting for,

"Oh," She sighed displeased.

"Sorry, and the Jonas Brothers, so thats 8," I added.

"OH," A more happy one this time.

"I'll see you there Dan," I said.

"Bye," She hung up and the dial tone came on.

I changed into:

Image

I went out to find Joseph Jonas, why in the world does he just have to look so perfect.
Image

"Joe, why are we matching?" I asked him lookin at myself.

He shrugged,"I can go get new clothes if you want,"

"It's okay, I'm cool with it. So you ready?" I asked.

"Definately,"

"Let's go. Where are your brothers?"

"Outside," He said.

So we met them and then took off.
♠ ♠ ♠
okkay...

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while.

It was exam week at school, too busy cramming!

anyways hope you like this, if you don't it's understandable.

I haven't focused much on it, so yeah.

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!
-Gin@