Status: Hey, guys, I'm sorry for the delay. Please read my journal: "Thank God for Mibba" to find out what happened. :/

Sacred Secret

Sleep-walker?

Angeline’s POV

We waited until the guard came in.

He took Mr. Spyres to the observation room and placed him on a sofa. This time he wasn’t tied up, he was loose and we were at the other side, patiently waiting for him to make his first move.

We even picked a random guy that was willing to die for an experiment. We told him to come in. He wasn’t associated with us, so we weren’t so sure what will happen. We just found him in the street and asked him if he would help us by being an experiment.

The guy agreed.

But our frustration was staring to grow more and more as we watched Mr. Spyres do nothing.

I didn’t wait an hour. I waited a total of twelve hours seated in the chair. The others came and go. They asked if I wanted to go to the bathroom, if I wanted something to drink, something to eat or just something. I simply said “no” to all of them and kept my eyes on the target; Mr. Spyres and the random guy.

When the clock hit 6:00pm, the night was staring to come. Everything was getting dark and quiet. I immediately noticed that Mr. Spyres was getting dizzy from sleep, so I asked, “sleepy, Spyres?”

“Yeah, I always go to sleep at this kind of hour.”

“Really?” I asked very confused. I’ve never heard of someone that goes to sleep at 6:00pm; it’s so early.

I needed to write that down. I also needed more information from him, so I started asking some questions.

“Why do you go to sleep at his kind of hour?”

“What you mean?” He asked very confused by my stupid question. “I go to sleep because I get sleepy,” he replied in annoyance.

“Do you wake up in the middle of the night?”

“No.”

“Why did your family and friends told me so?”

“When did you talk to my family?”

“That’s not important now. Look Kenneth, I want to help you. Please cooperate,” I said.

“Did you just call me Kenneth?” he asked. “You called me Kenneth.” He chuckled and the sighed. “Ok, I will cooperate with you. But you have to promise me you won’t say anything,”

“But Kenneth—”

“Please give me your word,” he cut me off.

I sighed and looked down. “Ok, I give you my word.”
“I’m a sleep-walker,” he admitted with low volume.

“You’re a sleep-walker?” I asked laughing. Come on, that’s funny.

“I’m serious. That’s my problem…well half of it.”

I stopped laughing. “Oh, it’s that so?”

“…yeah.”

“Wait. When you said that was just half of it…what did you mean?”

“Apparently I kill people in my sleep,” he said looking at me. “I don’t know how or why, but every night I wake up in a different place and with a dead body by my side.”

“Oh my God,” I whispered to myself. “Since when did this start happening?”

“Since I was nine.”

“But you’ve only killed 17 people. How can this be possible?”

“I’m not really sure.”

“I don’t understand. How can you not be sure? You’re the one the killed them. How can you not be aware that this happened?”

“Like I said, I was asleep. I don’t how the fuck it happens, but it just does. I swear, it’s like something or someone takes over me when I’m asleep. I did not kill those people. That’s why…I need your help.”

“Why do you want my help?” I asked, still confused.

“Because, you’re the only one that seems to understand me.”

“Oh”

“Are you ok?” he asked me. “You look a little bit red.” He watched my now tomato-red cheeks. For some reason they turned that way. Man, I hate when that happens.

I cleared my throat. “I-it’s n-nothing,” I stuttered.

“Um, ok.”

“Anyways, what else can you tell me? I need something to report.”

“Why? Can’t we just keep it like a secret?”

“Look Kenneth, if you want my help you’re going to have to help back. I don’t want anyone to suspect anything.”

“But, can’t you just invent something?” he asked annoyingly.

“Unfortunately I can’t…sorry.”

“Nah, it’s ok.” He said smiling.

Wow, he smiled. He was actually pretty cute.

What the fuck are you talking about? You can’t fall in love with an assassin!

I am not in love with him! I just thought he was cute.

Whatever, just get back to your work and focus on THE WORK!

Great, I’m talking to myself again.

“Angie? Are you okay?” he asked and I nodded.

“Good. You went on a little trip, if I may say so.”

“Oh, it’s nothing, I’m fine.”

God! What the hell am I doing? I’m having a little crush on an assassin. How wrong can I be? But he’s just so beautiful.

Nock it off, Angeline and get back to work. My mind bothered again.

Fine, I’m working.

No you’re not. You’re watching him.

Em…that is my job.

Whatever.

My mind is right; I need to focus on my work. But how can I get over this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like.