Summer Happens

New

I'm new in this town. Yeah, the new girl. It's not the best thing to be though. Not knowing anyone, it's like having a red target sign on your head. I don't know where anything is so just walking around is what I do.
Oh, by the way. I'm Sara. I have black hair with a thick strip of red in it. My eyes are hazel, but some people say if you're back far enough, they look blue or gray. I wear glasses and have a peircing in my lower lip. I'm not exactlly the girl you would call normal. But i'm just fine with me.
''Hi, do you need some help?'' I looked up to see a girl next to me.
''Yeah, i'm kinda lost.''
''O.k. I can't show you around but I can show you where everything is.''
''That's Good Look. The bitch store.'' she pointed to a pink shopping store.
''As you can see, there are a lot of -er some,- shops in town ,if..... what the heck was that?''
We heard screaming and shouting coming from the store, i know now know as Good Look.
''I don't know. It sounds like someone broke a window.'' I told her.
''You better go check it out. I'll catch you later.'' she walked away, so I decided to go ahead and see what all the yelling was about.

''So what, if I don't have a receipt. I demand to see your manager. IMMEDIEATELY!'' There was this girl at the counter shoving a shirt into the clerks hands.
''I am the manager. And FYI: you will be charged for the merch you just distroyed.'' the manager shoved the shirt back into the girls hands.
''This isn't fair! It's inhumane! You can't treat me like this- I'm a human being, with inheart rights!''
''While you're at it bitch, empty your purse.'' Holy crap. I just get to this town and there's already people fighting.
''Can you belive this? This is a totally not fair!'' she turned to me and said.
''I don't know a single thing. I'm new so don't take it out on me.''
''You're just gonna stand there and let this happen. You just a criminal yourself.''
''Can you just leave me the fuck alone?'' I asked her.
''I could guess, as soon as you walked in, you're just the people that suck the life out of everything, aren't you?''
''Wow! Aren't you just the little mind reader?'' I laughed. I was never the kind of girl to take shit. Give it to me and I'll give it right back.
''Look at yourself. Who the hell do you think you are. Just looking at you makes me want to vomit.'' she laughed.
''I think you need your medication.''
She stood there and then all of a sudden, she started cryin`.
''Look, i'm not normally like this.You don't know what happened today.''
''O.k., but don't you think you're being, a little dramatic.'' i said.
''Why don't you try having your heart broken and being called a theif in the same day!''
''I haven't had that happen, but don't you think the more you scraem and shout the worse you're making it for yourself?'' I asked.
''You don't even know me. Why don't you just leave?''
''Hey, what did I do? You're the one who attacked me.''
''Whatever. Just get out.''
Before walking out, I gave her the finger and slammed the door. Even if I didn't win, I would get me point across. I guess that's first enemy made.
This place is already starting to bore me, Maybe I'll just talk to some random people. Maybe some aren't that bad.

I walked into the booktstore and saw the boy reading Drakness Grave. I love that book. It has soo much meaning behind the darkness.
I walked up to him and took a deep breath.
''Hi?''
''Ah, there you are.'' I stepped back. How did he know me?
''There who is?'' I asked, trying to get some kind of answer out of him.
''You. The new girl. I've heard about you. Can't be easy, you know, with everyone leaving and it being the middle of summer.'' he laughed.
''It's rough, I guess......''
''But still, no one told me you were this pretty. How's about I show you around?'' he asked.
''I don't know you.''
''Aw, come on. I'm just trying to be nice. Nothing like that. Let's start over. I'm Dylan.....''
''O.k. I guess I can play along. I'm Sara'' I smiled a small smile.
''It's nice to meet you, Sara. How about you meet me at the music store and I'll show you around?''
I thought for a minute. How do I know this guy's not a phsico killer?
''Uh, I don't know.....''
''Aw, come on. There's nothing to be afraid of. I'm not a killer.'' He must have read my mind.
''Yeah, I guess I could do that.''
''Cool. How about 7:00 tonight?''
''Sure.''
With that he walked away and went over to another book shelf.
I don't know how I'm gonna get there. I'm new and don't know where anything is, except the bookstore. Still thinking, I walked outside and saw the music store to my left. Well I guess I found it.
I walked over and went in. This place is not to bad. I looked at all the posters on the wall. Bands like the Clash and the Cure were posted on the door. This is my kind of music store.
I looked at my watch. 6:50. He should be here in a short while.
Then I saw him come in the door.
''There she is. You look nice.'' he smiled.
''Hey Dylan.''
''I work here and wanted do a few things and then there's this place I wanna show you.''
''No prob.'' I followed him as he went to the rock isle.
He picked up a cd and showed it to me.
''You ever heard this?'' it was a Green Day cd.
''Hell yeah. Green Day. The greatest band ever.''
''Finally. Some one who knows what they're talking about. I have a band too. Don't have a name yet, though. I love it. It like, releases you. I should probably stop. Did I tell you, you look pretty? You should come over and watch us play.''
''Cool. I like bands.'' I laughed.
Look, I'm all set, so you wanna get out of here?'' he asked.
''Sounds good.''
We walked out and and just started walking. He stopped me next to a house.
''I'm guessing you've never been down here before. Some people call it the Warehouse. Some people call it the wrong side of the street.'' he smirked at me.
''But that's them. I like to call it home. I was born and raised here. I stiil live pretty close here, if you know what I mean?'' he smirked again.
''I think I have a idea.'' I backed away from him. I've had some really bad relationships in my life. But this wasn't a relationship. It wasn't even a date. Right?
''It's o.k. I'm just playing with ya. The place I wanted to show you is around the corner.'' he pointed to a purple building.
''All right. Let's go.'' He walked around with me until we fineally got there.
''What do you like better? Bold letters, fancy script or hearts?'' Why was he asking me this?
''Bold.''
''Yeah, I like that style.''
''Um....you over there. We can do this without sitting, can't we?'' he asked.
''If you can handle the pain.'' the guy walked over to us.
''Where do you need it?''
''Shoulder. Make sure it's spelled right. Sara.'' He wasn't really gonna do this, was he?
He quickly got it done and I walked over to him.
''Well, what do you think? You can touch it.''
''Holy crap. Damn you're mean.'' he pulled his arm away and there was this stuff all over my hands.
''I'm sorry Dylan poo.What is this stuff?'' I asked.
Dylan grabbed a towel and wipped the tattoo off.
''Ha,ha. Very funny.'' I said sarcastic.
''Yeah, I know. It's getin` kinda late. Lemme walk you home.''
''O.k. I guess.''
We walked and talked and after a few minutes, Dylan grabbed my hand and started to hold it.
''Um....''
''Just so they don't get cold.'' He laughed.
''Whatever.'' Next thing I know. we endded up in front of my house.
''I had a good time tonight, Sara. For real.''
''A lot of girls wouldn't have went with me becuase of where I live but you didn't.''
''And you acutaully have a sense of humor. And you're the prettiest girl I have seen.''
I blushed a little and relised I blushed so I did it even more. I hate when that happens.
''Really, thanks for going with me. I didn't think I would meet anyone special like you.''
Then, all of a sudden, his lips went with mine. That was the most safe I've felt in a long time. I didn't want to let go but I knew it couldn't last forever.
''Goodnight, Sara.'' he said and walked away.
My fisrt day in town and I'm already kissin` guys. But this time it felt different. Like there was something about him.
Maybe this was a good thing.