Summer Happens

O.k.?

It been a while now since me and Lex got together. I've grown to love him even more know. Like, i've known him all my life. But, there's this thing. I don't know. He's always gone at the same time of night. First he said he got a job, but then he said they gave him some ''time off''. If time off means being gone at the same hour every day of the year at the same time, I wish he didn't have ''time off''. I think he's been cheating on me. But, I don't realise how he could. He says he loves me and would always love me but, is his diffinition of love different from mine. Maybe I'm just over reacting. But, what if i'm not?

''Hey, Lex!'' i said as he walked through the door. Let me refrase that, ran through the door.
''Sorry, can't talk babe. Got to go. My time off is over now! Bye!'' He yelled as he ran out the door.
''Wait! Lex, I..'' but he was already gone and it was that time again. 5:15. The time when I would feel empty. Like I was a stray. Never wanted.

Forgetting my lonleness, I called Jonney. He had been over more then usual now, because I was usually alone.

''Hey, Jonney! Wanna come over?'' I asked as I walked to the door.
''Look out the door!'' he said. I opened the door and there he was.
''Wha-What?'' I asked shocked.
''I figured you would ask me again today.'' He smiled and hugged me, walking into the house.

He sat down as I grabbed us both beers from the refridge'.
''Hey, Sara?'' he asked.
''Yup?''
''Do you know why Lex has been leaving at 5:15 everyday?'' he asked.
''No, not really.'' I said sadly, remembering he was gone again. Again. A word I think over and over again.
''I do. I'm not supposed to tell you but, I don't want you to go on not knowing. `Cause it's not fair.'' he told me.
''O.k.'' I handed him his beer and sat down next to him on the couch.
''O.k. Lex has been seeing this girl named Kayla.'' I could feel my anger starting to seep out.
''He got her pregnant and he promised her he'd be there everyday.'' Pregnant? All I saw was red.
''Well, one day he was late, and she threated to take away the baby and move. He didn't want that, so he promised he'd be on time everyday. So he's been leaving you at 5:15 to go see another woman.'' Jonney finished and looked up at me. When he saw the tears in my eyes, he came closer and hugged me. As me tears kept streaming down Jonneys wet shirt, he kissed me. That was the safest I've felt since Lex has been gone. If Lex didn't care about me, maybe Jonney would.