Holiday From Real

Boys Wanna Fight

Gabe was on a mission right now. He had just left Mary Jane’s apartment, where she had just decided to tell her what had happened with Brendon and Vicky. He couldn’t believe that one of his best friends had almost raped another one of his best friends. Especially after he had seen what had happened with Mary Jane.

Mary Jane had made him promise that he wouldn’t do anything, knowing that he was upset at Brendon, but this was one promise to Mary Jane that he couldn’t keep. Once he had gotten inside his car, he had called Brendon and asked him to meet him at his apartment in ten minutes.

Gabe arrived at his apartment building and raced up the stairs. As he opened the front door, he could feel the anger rush through his veins. He knew it was a bad idea to see Brendon at this time, but he wasn’t going to let him get away with what he did to Vicky.

Five minutes later, he heard a knock on the door. He opened the door, and Brendon walked into the apartment. “Hey, man, what’s up?” he asked.

“I want you to explain,” Gabe said, trying to keep his anger in check. He knew Mary Jane would be upset if he just started punching Brendon like he wanted to.

“Explain what?” Brendon asked.

“Explain why you thought you could rape Vicky,” Gabe said through gritted teeth, getting even angrier at Brendon, if that was possible.

“Gabe, listen, I wasn’t thinking then. I was completely wasted. As soon as I saw what I was doing, I left. I never wanted to hurt Vicky. I love her,” Brendon told him.

“You were wasted?” Gabe questioned. “That’s your excuse. What would you have done if Chris would have said ‘oh, I was wasted?’” Gabe asked.

“I swear, I didn’t rape Vicky,” Brendon told him.

“I don’t give a shit if you did or didn’t. All I know is that you were about to. Why the fuck would you do that after everything with MJ?”

“I told you. I was trashed, and I wasn’t thinking. I know that isn’t an excuse, but…”

“You’re damn right. That isn’t an excuse,” Gabe said as he grabbed Brendon’s shirt and threw him against the wall.

“Gabe!” Brendon yelled as his back hit the wall behind him.

“What?” Gabe asked. “You fucking raped MJ!” he screamed, as images of the night that Mary Jane was raped ran through his mind. It was no longer Brendon in front of him, but Chris instead.

“Gabe, I didn’t rape MJ,” Brendon told him. He didn’t know what was going on, but he knew that this wasn’t one of his best friends in front of him.

“You’re not going to get away with this,” Gabe threatened, as he punched Brendon in the stomach.

Brendon buckled over as he heard Gabe’s front door open. All of a sudden, he saw Mary Jane and Vicky run through the front door.

“Gabe, stop it!” Vicky yelled as she ran up to Gabe and attempted to grab onto Gabe’s arm to stop him from punching Brendon.

Gabe easily shook Vicky off and continued punching. “Gabe!” Mary Jane ran up to him.

Gabe immediately stopped, and turned around to Mary Jane as Brendon slumped to the floor. “Oh my god!” Vicky yelled as she ran to the side of Brendon.

Gabe turned back around and saw Brendon on the ground. “Oh my god!” he yelled. “What the hell did I just do?”

“What the hell is wrong with you, Gabe?” Vicky asked, looking up at him.

“I…I…” Gabe tried speaking, but didn’t know exactly what to say.

“He thought I was Chris,” Brendon said from the floor.

“He what?” Mary Jane asked as she looked back and forth between Gabe and Brendon.

“He started out yelling at me for what I did to Vicky. But, then he called me Chris and started punching me,” Brendon explained.

“Gabe?” Mary Jane asked with worry in her voice.

“I don’t know,” Gabe admitted. “I mean one minute I’m yelling at Brendon for trying to rape Vicky, and the next minute I see Chris standing in front of me, and I’m punching him.”

“Gabe,” Mary Jane began.

“What the hell is wrong with me?” Gabe asked as he walked over to the couch and took a seat, putting his head in his hands.

“You’re upset at Chris, just like I am,” Mary Jane told him.

“I’m sorry, Brendon,” Gabe apologized.

“It’s fine,” Brendon said walking over and sitting down in the chair across from him. “I deserved part of it,” he admitted.

“No, you didn’t,” Gabe said. “I’m sorry,” he repeated.

“Don’t worry about it,” Brendon told him. “Listen, I’m going to get going, but I’ll talk to you later, okay? No hard feelings.”

“I’ve got to go talk to him,” Vicky said, running out the door after him.

She caught up to him just as he reached his car. “Wait!” Vicky called after him.

Brendon turned around and saw Vicky running towards him. “Brendon, we need to talk,” Vicky told him as she ran up next to him.

“Yeah, we do,” Brendon agreed. “But, can we not do it here?”

“Sure,” Vicky said. “Why don’t we go back to my place?”

“Are you sure you want to go back there with me?” Brendon asked, remembering two nights ago.

“Brendon, I trust you with my life,” she replied. “Come on,” she said getting in the passenger’s seat of his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know your thoughts :)