Gray Blood

Gray Blood 40 Friendship

Sacha’s POV
David and I had spent most of the night together. He had taken me out after dinner for a walk on the deck and people around us were dancing, lighting, fires, doing anything to show their happiness. David kept me away from the people who were overdoing the celebrating and almost beat a guy up for trying to pick me up.
Raven was hanging out with one of her friends, and was really drunk. David laughed at her for a few minutes before I dragged him away from her. When the music was to loud for us, he took me back inside and we stayed in his room (everyone got their own room but no one could share) and talked about random shit until three and I was close to passing out. He carried me back to my room bridal style and stayed their until four to make sure I didn’t “fall down” in the shower or something ridiculously stupid like that. But whatever, I enjoyed his company.
And I didn’t feel like sleeping when he waited for me so I asked him to stay a little longer and we talked.
So when I woke up on my bed, I was half-surprised to find David’s head on my stomach, breathing softly and calmly. I pushed the air out of his eyes and he moaned something, before rolling over on top of me.
Oh god, I can’t breath. Shit, this is making me claustrophobic.
“David, your crushing me!” He didn’t move, which made me think he was dead. I looked at the clock by the side of my bed. 11:38. The sun was shining outside and I really wanted to go spend the day outside and get some food. But David was still on top of me. And he only had two fucking glasses of wine.
“David, wake up.” Who knew he’d be so heavy. His head, now on my chest, moved a bit and he looked up at me through red eyes.
“I’m so fucking tired. Why’d you wake me up?”
“Your crushing me,” I uttered. He rolled off of me and lay down on the pillow.
My pajamas were wrinkled and I took them off and changed while David was turning the other way. As I pulled on my bra, I heard him say, “Are you done dressing?” What?
“How did you-were you looking?” I heard him snicker.
“I only looked when you got up and pulled off your shirt.” I threw my crumpled up shirt at him. He laughed again. “I didn’t see anything Sach.”
“Liar.”
“You were wearing a green sleeping bra.”
“How the fuck do you know what a sleeping bra is?” He finally turned around-thank god I had clothes on-and gave me a look.
“Sacha, I was married. I’ve slept with her before and I think after all the time we used to spend together, I’d know what a bra is and looks like.” We glared at each other but he stood and stretched.
“So what’s on the agenda for today?”
“Uhm, you wanna change your clothes first?”
“I wanna take a shower.”
“I’ll meet you for lunch then.”
“Where?” He walked to the door and waited for my reply before leaving.
“Just come find me.”
David’s POV
After taking a long hot shower and dressing in some clothes the people here gave us, I walked outside and cringed when the sun shone in my face. I really wanted to go back to sleep. I only got five or six hours of sleep and the sun was to bright for me. I wasn’t even hungry.
I looked around the deck for Sacha. I only saw a huge crowd of people, much more than forty people which meant that they had saved many more people from different camps. Surprising they were able to get away with it.
“Hey David.” I turned and saw Raven, looking up at me. Their were lines under her eyes and she looked tired.
“Hey.” We half hugged and I looked at her. “You look awful. Why aren’t you asleep?”
“I actually got a lot of sleep. I’m just in hangover mode.” I laughed and looked at the pink drink in her hand.
“What the fuck are you drinking then? Do you wanna die in a drunken coma?” She pushed my shoulder weakly.
“It’s lemonade dumb ass.”
“Well that’s better. As long as it’s not laced with anything. So where’s Ray?” She shrugged.
“I have no idea. That little ass punk is probably still unconscious. Last night was fun though. We both had a blast. You really should’ve joined us.” She grabbed on to my arm to keep herself from falling, but the glass fell on the floor. I guided her over to a lawn chair and lay her down.
“As much fun as you guys were having, I still had fun myself.” She lay her head on my shoulder and held my hand.
“You only had one cup-”
“Two.”
“Two cups and you weren’t even buzzed. How’s that celebrating? Hanging out with that bitch?” What is up with those two? Why do they hate each other so much. When Raven’s not drunk and Sacha isn’t pissy, they really are alike. A little I guess.
“She’s not a bitch. Be nice.” She shook her head and closed her eyes.
“Can you get me another lemonade?”
“Fuck that. I’m taking you back to your room.” She opened her mouth to protest but looked off in the distance and shut her mouth. So I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck weakly. “Where do you sleep?”
“Same building you came from, room 2368. I think.” I snorted and laughed as I carried her inside the now silent hallway. I heard the door close behind me and walked through the corridors for her room. When I made it to her room, she kissed my neck and my cheek while moaning.
“Ugh, Raven? What the fuck are you doing?”
“David!” Shit. I turned around and saw Sacha leaning against the wall, arms crossed.
“I’m only taking her to her room Sacha. She almost passed out-”
“Whatever. Just meet me outside for real this time.” She turned and left, leaving me with Raven in my arms.
I laid Raven down and pulled the covers over her. “That wasn’t cool Raven.” She smiled at me. “I know you don’t feel that way about me.”
“I know. But she doesn’t know that. And I might as well have a little fun.” She grinned.
“Now do you want me to get someone to watch you?” She thought.
“I’d rather you stay here.” Her face was serious now but I was still suspicious.
“Why?”
“I trust you more than them.” She took my hand and held it. I sighed.
“I guess...I could cancel.” Her face lit up. “But tonight, your on your own. I’m gonna go out with her tonight and make it up to her.”
“She still likes you David.”
“Not like that.” Raven shook her head, and moved under the covers.
“Shit I’m having a heat stroke. Can you get me one of my night gowns?” I looked through her drawers and found a dress-gown thing and saw her trying to push the covers off. I helped prop her up and she began taking her pants off.
“Uhm-”
“Your turning red David.”
“I’m gonna go get Sacha.” I got up out of the room, before she decided to take anything else off.
*****
Sacha’s POV
Another waiter came by and handed me my second lemonade. He smiled as I took it and I drank it down quickly. This was taking forever. What the hell was he doing with her?
I could only imagine.
Her “faking sick” and taking off her clothes, seducing him, having sex.....
“Hey Sacha.” I looked up at his red cheeks and he ran a hand through his hair, looking nervous. “So-”
“David, did she kiss you?” David’s jaw dropped and he chuckled nervously.
“No! Of course not! Sacha, we’re not like that. We’re just friends.”
“Best friends.”
“Your my best friend too!”
“Prove it!” He looked away from me and cursed under his breath, his entire face turning red. He sat down on the edge of my chair, staring at my feet and struggling to find the right words. “You promised you’d stay with her, didn’t you?” He looked up at me with sad eyes, grabbing my hand and getting ready to say something. “Its ok, I get the point. Go hang out with Raven David. I’ve got better things to do.” I’m gonna be calm about this. I’m not going to care. I won’t.
I stood up and took my lemonade but he grabbed my arms, making me drop the glass on the floor.
“Sacha-”
“Let go of me David.” It surprised me how calm I sounded and I know it surprised him to. He let go of one arm but turned me so I would face him.
“Sacha don’t be like that. I’m taking care of a friend-” Friend? Why can’t he say her fucking name?!?
“Say her name David! Don’t be a prick!” His hand squeezed my arm tightly and pushed me against the wall.
“Stop being so fucking jealous! Just because I have another friend, doesn’t give you the right to be a bitch!” I kicked his knee but he didn’t budge, his grip only tightened and now his other hand was holding me. I noticed people beginning to stop and watch us but I didn’t care.
“I’m not a bitch David! She is! Your to stupid and blind to fucking see that!” His teeth clenched and so did his grip.
“She did nothing wrong!”
“And I did?” David laughed sarcastically and let go of me.
“Don’t lie to yourself whore.” His words were a slap across my face and hurt twice as much as the welts he left on my arms. I could see the hurt in his own eyes from what I said and we glared at each other.
Before I could stop myself, I said as calmly as possible, “I’m sure your family would be proud of you. Oh wait, that’s right, you don’t have a family.” I turned and ran before I could see his reaction and I didn’t stop running until I made it to the end of the ship, away from everyone else.
Tears stung my eyes and I leaned against the edge of the ship, wanting and wishing I were far away from here. From everywhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so this chapter isnt so normal. but what can i say. david and sacha get jealous easily.