Status: Working on the ending. Patience is key....

Put my Heart on Your Sleeve and Wear it All Over Town

If I Only Had the Heart

I fell asleep last night. (I fell asleep last night.)
But I woke up too late (I woke up to late)
And everything I loved,
I began to hate.

I know I sound repetitive,
Cause I'm repeating myself.
And I'm competitive,
I want you all by yourself.
And that alone is just the problem,
I've got these woes,
And I just can't solve them.
If I could gather up the nerve,
I'd put my feelings into words.
And if I weren't so young, or stupid, or restless,
I might be able to just forget this.
Just forget this. (just forget this, just forget this)

Please just forget me,
When I'm out all alone on the east coast.
And please don't forgive me,
When you're home all alone and you need me most. (oh when you need me the most, yeah when you need me the most)

Oh if I only had the heart,
To find out exactly who you are,
You know I'd try now.
But it's just fine,
No you can't save me,
It's no fault but mine,
Please just blame me.
If I could gather up the nerve...


Knock knock knock I jumped at the sudden noise. "What?"

"Are you ready yet? We need to get going."

"Just go on without me."

"The whole point of going is to have you come with us."

"No thanks. 'm fine right here. Just wait another two weeks to check on me."

Ashley came through the door after that. "Come on sweetie. You need to get out o this room. This apartment"She added when she saw I was going to argue. "For your self and your kids."

"Ash, please, can't I sit alone in my room?"

"Nope. You need fresh air, and not by just opening the windows. Go out, go shopping, maybe go see a movie. Just do something. Tim and I will be here as long as you need us."

"Okay. But I'm not promising that I'll be happy about it."

"Nobody asked you to." She left, after giving me her best encouraging smile, so I could finish getting ready. I pulled on a pair of jeans and my neon green v-neck. I hesitated and remembered the last time I'd worn it. Almost a year ago, at Eric's house. It was the reason why Peter picked me for truth or dare, the reason I got to kiss John. Which lead to going upstairs, which lead to... having the twins. I quickly pulled it off and tugged on my orange v-neck. There, much better,I thought. Not as many memories in this shirt.

"Are you ready yet?"

"Yeah. Give me a sec." I put in my silver hoop earrings, a gift from my 18th birthday given to me by my parents, shoved my feet into my black Vans and grabbed my slouch bag that served as a purse. "Now I'm ready."

"Finally!"
"Hey, don't make me go back in there and change again."

"Alright, let's go then."

I walked over to Tim and Ashley who were sitting on the carpet with Lily and Johnathan. "Bye babies. I love you. Bye Ashley." I made it sound like Tim was included in 'babies'.

"Ha ha. Very funny." Tim replied. " I guess you're getting your attitude back."

"You could say that. But in all seriousness, thank you for doing this. I'll see ya later."

"Bye."

"And no eating all the Cheerios again, Tim. Or you'll have to start paying for them."

"One time! I do it one time and no one forgets it."

I laughed at his reaction. "Yep. That's how it works in our little group."

"come on before we get any older." Sydney called from the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming."
♠ ♠ ♠
Would you believe it's been a month since I last updated?! I am so sorry.