Status: Working on the ending. Patience is key....

Put my Heart on Your Sleeve and Wear it All Over Town

Mr. and Mrs. O'Callaghan & Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds

"Does everything look alright?" I asked nervously.

"Yes. It looks better than alright, it practically perfect." John reassured me.

I looked around the front of the apartment to double check that everything was i place. "Yeah, you're right. But I'll just-" I was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Coming!" I ran over to the door, smoothed my dress and opened the door. "Hi! How are you?" John's parents were standing in the hall and I stepped aside to let them in.

"We're doing well, sweetie. How are you?" His mom answered.

"I'm well, thank you for asking."

"What have you kids been up to?" Mrs. Claire asked as she sat down on the couch. " Wow, I haven't seen you wear a dress since you two went to prom."

I giggled. "Yeah, I guess I'm not much of a dress person. Uh, we haven't been doing much. Just school and hanging out."

"Good, glad you're doing so well. But, let's not beat around the bush. Why are we here? What's the 'big announcement'?"

"Well, we're waiting on some people.I'm sure they'll be here momentarily. So until they get here, can I get you anything? Do either of you want a drink? Something to eat?"

"No thank you." Mr. John said.

"May I have a water, please, darling?" Mrs. O'Callaghan answered.

"Certainly." I walked the kitchen and was on my way back to the couch when someone knocked on the door again. I hurried put the glass of water on the table in front of Mrs. Claire, then rushed to answer the door. "Hi Mom! Hi Dad!" I gave them both big hugs and lead them to the couch.

They greeted the O'Callaghans and sat down on the couch. I stood in front of our parents and John joined me.

"Okay you two, what's going on?"

"What's so important?"

"Well, we-"

"You're pregnant! You're pregnant, aren't you?" My father accused.

"No! We're just dating. I told you about that on the phone."

"Oh. Alright."

"Then are you engaged?" My mom asked.

"Not exactly. You see-"

"You're already married?!"

"No, would you please stop guessing."

"Then what is it?"

Notice how only my parents are the ones freaking out, I thought.

"I... I, uh, I had a baby. Awhile ago. And I didn't know how to tell you. After some time I just forgot to say anything to you. A lot has been going on and I never called you..." I stopped talking so they could process that.

"And is John...?" His mom asked.

"Yeah. Yeah I am Mom." He answered.

"So how old is the kid?"

"Is it a boy or girl?"

"Can you hold on? Just a second." John followed me to our bedroom. I picked up Lily and he picked up Johnathan. I walked back out first.

"Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. O'Callaghan, this is Lily Gabrielle, your granddaughter."

"Oh."

"Aw, Gabrielle she's beautiful."

"She's so big."

"Well after you're done drooling over her come and meet your grandson, Johnathan Cornelius O'Callaghan the sixth."

"Twins?!"

John and I nodded. "Apparently that gene in our family is pretty dominant." I said to my Mom.

"And you two kept this from us all this time. Why?"

"Well we didn't even know I was pregnant until I was like, what?, five months? That same day I went to the doctors office and then told John. It was a big day. After that we practically shut out the world other then our small group of friends. So honestly nothing personal."

"How old are they Gaby?" My Mom persisted.

"Almost three months."

"three months?! Were you two even dating then?"

"Mom. I'll tell you everything later. You two have a drive ahead of you. So bye, love you. It was good finally seeing you. Your can visit more when you come back to pick Zoe up." I practically pushed them out the door. "Tell Zoe to call me when she's ready to get picked up from her friend's house." I called do the hall.

Phew, I thought, they took that well.

"Okay. So..."

"What's on your mind sweetie?" Mrs. O'Callaghan asked as she gently bounced Lily on her knee.

"You guys aren't mad at me are you?"

"Of course not! Why would we be mad at you?"

"Because we kept this a secret from, all of you, for so long. We could've, no should've, told you but didn't."

"It's fine, trust me."

John came over next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Told ya it wouldn't be so bad." he whispered in my ear.

"Yeah yeah yeah."

"So, when do we get to babysit?"

I smiled at them. "As soon as you want."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay for all of you who have been nagging me to update---here it is!!

Comments?

<333