Glamour Kills

Dark Blue

Slow down.. this night's a perfect shade of
Dark blue (dark blue)
Have you ever been alone in a crowded room when I'm here with you
I said the world could be burning down
Dark blue (dark blue)
Have you ever been alone in a crowded room well I'm here with you
I said the world could be burning 'til there's nothing but dark blue..
Just dark blue
~Jack's Mannequin~

You know that feeling where you just feel all alone in the world.Like no one could possibly understand how you feel or what you're going through.That's how I felt when I first moved to New York.That's how I feel now even with my glamorous job.......well sometimes.The big buildings,the honks of horns and the yelling of really cranky cab drivers.I had just gotten out of the overly crowded Starbucks on fifth street.I was now heading back to the office.I quickly scurried back.My boss hates it when his coffee is cold.I finally managed to get to the large,heavy glass doors of my building.I balanced the drinks in one hand while using the other to open the door.A blast of warm air hit me as soon as i stepped in.All around i could hear men and woman in their fashionable clothes chatting away on their cell phones.The clickety-clack of heels on the marble floor.I ran as quickly as i could to catch the elevator.I accidentally bumped into a what looked like to be a model.Everything about her screamed Prada.She was tall and her waist was about the size of my index finger.She sent me an icy glare.Any warmth i had left in me was gone.The elevator dinged and i hurriedly got out.I headed for the glass doors that had 'Glamour' written in curvy letters.I walked past Elliana's desk.She was too busy chatting it up with a sexy male swim suit model.It's funny how they shoot summer wear in the winter.But everything in this place is weird to me.I shed myself of my heavy coat and scarf and placed them on my desk.I then headed to Fabian's desk to give him his coffee.Fabian was talking on the phone arranging the next photo shoot.I set his drink on his desk and quickly scurried out of his room.
Okay so maybe it's time I explain things.I am a assistant intern for Fabian.You know the guy who runs 'Glamour' which is joint magazine and clothing line.He's the guy who designed that really cool purse you wore last week to work,just so you could rub it in your bitch of a boss's face.Yeah that guy.He's also the guy that could help me become a journalist which is what i actually want to do.Maybe write for the 'New York Times'.Oh yeah and I'm twenty-one years old.I fell into my plush chair and sat back.I kicked off my jimmy choo heels which i got from "The Closet' on the fifth floor last week.Just when i was about to shut my eyes Fabian buzzed me to his office,I inwardly groaned.I slipped on my heels and slowly trudged to his office.
"Good morning Faith,I have lots to do today.So I need you to handle some things for me.Snoop Dogg is in a fight with 50 cent and they don't want to sit at the same table so i need you to rearrange the sitting arrangements for the party.OH and make sure you arrive by six thirty,it doesn't start until seven but i want you there early."He smiled,grabbed his coat and briskly walked out of the office.I couldn't move.The lack of details had my head spinning.What party and where was it.He didn't even give me the seating chart so I could change it!I let out the breath i hadn't realized i was holding.I backed out of his office and headed for Elliana,she would know.Once i reached her she was sitting looking giddy.Obviously she had gotten the models number.I couldn't help but roll my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
did you like it my loves?!?!