Glamour Kills

Beautiful World

Here it comes in the morning
I’m just trying to forget
Keep it real, keep it simple
And somehow just get out of bed
And this city is endless
I’m as cold as it’s stone
Yeah this city is endless
And I’m, I’m walking alone
.:Carolina Liar:.

Once I had gotten Elliana to stop talking about her date with Paulo the supermodel, she told me that this said party was to be at Bar 360. It was a showcase for Fabian's winter wear collection. I also found out that the seating chart was on Fabian's desk. I sighed and trudged to his office. I pretended i didn't see the neglected Starbucks coffee at the corner of his desk and trifled through his papers. Finally i found it! I took one look at the paper and my mouth dropped to floor. There was going to be loads of celebrities at this shindig! Angelina Jolie,Drew Barrymore.Madonna, even Oprah is attending! Once i recovered from my momentary shock i sat down and began to work. By the end I had placed Snoop Dogg in between Anne Hathaway and Lauren Conrad. I sighed with relief phase one complete. Now all I had to do was find a killer dress to wear to the party. Here i come fifth floor! I quickly walked/skipped to the elevator an pressed the button. I ran all the way to 'The Closet' doors. Everything was stir crazy.Fabric flying everywhere and stick thin models with their eyes shut tight in fear;hoping they wouldn't get stuck with needles. Though i don't see why many of them looked like they had those magic injections once or twice. I scanned the room looking for Jay my gay guardian angel. He's the one that always scores me great clothes.Once I spotted him i ran over. I smiled,once again he was wearing a 'J.A.Y' original. I can't even explain in words what he looked like."Hello love,let me take a wild guess you need a fabulous outfit for the party."I laughed,nothing could escape Jay he knew everything!
"That would be correct......................."Before i could even finish my sentence he dragged me towards the dresses.Soon he was just a flurry of expensive fabric.He jumped out of the pile with a triumphant smile on his face.He held up one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen.It was black and a light brown zebra print.It was a strapless number and had a thick red ribbon that cinched around the waist.He sprinted to other side of the room with gold,black and red high heels.They weren't too high just in case i had to do alot of running around.I took the items from Jay and kissed him on both cheeks and booked it. I had to hurry.It was already 4:45 and i still had to get cleaned up and dressed. I grabbed all my things including the newly revised seating chart.I hailed a taxi.It took almost twenty minutes to get back to my loft.

xXx

I finally arrived at the bar/lounge.It was six twenty-seven.I had made it!Not to toot my own horn but i looked amazing.The dress showed off my surprisingly tan shoulders.It hung at least three inches above my knees.I had dressed it up with thick black and red bangles my mom got me from Africa.I had smoky eyes and simple lip gloss.I straightened my hair and my bangs hung over my right eye.I went around the decorated room and made sure everything was in place.After I inspected all 56 tables.I headed for the make-shift stage.It had a long runway with light bulbs running up it.Everything looked good here.I headed for the bar.It was going to be a long night and I need all the help i can get. I plopped myself in one of the cushioned barstools and downed my cocktail.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sunlight creeps in between the curtains
Lose the sheets there’s no time for sleep
I lie, I pretend ‘til I’m almost certain
It’s a beautiful world

I wanna ask for direction
But I don’t dare to disturb
I got a thing with affections
Yeah, that’s why I’m walking alone