Glamour Kills

Speeding Cars

Here's the day you hoped would never come
Don't feed me violence
Just run with me through rows of speeding cars
The paper cuts, the cheating lovers
The coffee's never strong enough
I know you think it's more than just bad luck

There, there, baby
It's just a textbook stuff
It's in the ABC of growing up...
Now, now, darling
Oh don't lose your head
'Cause none of us were angels
And you know I love you, yeah
.:Imogen Heap:.

I was about to down my second or maybe it was my third cocktail;when I saw one of the most beautiful faces I have ever seen in my life.I didn't even realize the guy I had been ogling at had walked up beside me and ordered a drink.I scanned him.He was wearing tight,dark skinny jeans a whit v-neck,with a plaid button down over it.He was also wearing a leather jacket.Standing next to him made me feel foolish and over dressed.I looked up to so i could slyly catch a glimpse of his face again but to my surprise he was already looking at me.He sent me an icy glare and turned away.My cheeks turned as red as the ribbon on my dress.I wanted the barstool to swallow me and relieve me of my embarrassment.I wanted to run and never come back.It's amazing what one glare can do to you.But instead I mustered up what was left of my dignity and asked bartender for another drink.He slid me another cocktail.I listened intently to the jerks conversation.I wanted to see if i could catch his name by any chance.No such luck he and his friend which slightly resembled a gorilla on steroids were talking in whispers and I could only make out a few words."Don't blow......','cover',and 'mission'.I left the bar with my pride bruised and unsatisfied.This night had come crashing down so fast and the party hasn't even begun yet.Where is the justice!I had about fifteen more minutes before this place would start buzzing with celebrities.I went to the bathroom to fix myself I had been made a fool of tonight I not gonna let it happen again.Hell no.I took makeup out of my black leather clutch.I added more gloss and eyeliner.I made sure there was NOTHING in between my teeth.I plastered a smile on my face and walked out.I gave myself a mental pep talk.I couldn't let one guy get me down no matter how cute.Besides I was going to meet Oprah,Tyra and Ellen my favorite talk show personalities.I let out a low breath and headed back to the bar.I figured if i handed people drinks at the door i would get extra brownie points in the long run.I leaned over the bar exposing cleavage and told the bartender the drinks i wanted.l looked over at the handsome but hostile stranger under my lashes.He was staring at me intently.I could feel my face becoming hot once again but this time for a different reason.I cleared my throat."Excuse me,but is there something you need."I said in the iciest tone I could muster.The stranger laughed.I was getting pissed and fast.The man had a way of making me feel small and foolish and I don't even know his name!
"Sweetheart there is nothing i need from you."I cringed at the emphasis he had put on you.The bartender set down a tray of an assortment of different alcoholic beverages in front of me on the counter.The stranger got down from his stool and walked closer to me.He bent down to my level."By the way princess I would be careful with that attitude it just might get you in trouble."He smirked as he took one of the drinks from the tray and walked to the other side of the club.I wanted to scream.Why couldn't i be blessed with witty comebacks! I always thought of something weeks after the confrontation,and even when i did whatever i had to say sucked. I grabbed the tray of now fourteen drinks and set it on the table closest to the main entrance.I was too mad to worry about brownie points and besides celebrities had hands they could pick up their own god damned drinks!I could feel tears prick at the corners of my eyes.I pathetically sniffled.I wiped at my eyes.I knew i had messed up my make-up when most of it came off on my hands.I headed to the bathroom to clean myself up.........again.Stupid tear ducts!
♠ ♠ ♠
Look up Avan Jogia he is soooo cute and hes a great actor.