Sequel: Gone

Move

Thoughts

Image
Riley put his arms on the table and leaned across it to whisper to me. "I like to use my power to impress you more."

I grinned. I leaned closer to him so we were barely touching. "Well, the truth is, I sort of enjoy it."

He grinned. I adored that grin. "I know." I leaned back against the booth and so did he. "I know what happened to Bria."

I frowned. "You read Ann's mind didn't you? She does have a lot of things mustering up there."

He shrugged. "I also know that she likes how we are bonding." He exaggerated bonding. He leaned back over the table. "I know how to heal her." He whispered.

I leaned back over to him. "How and why?" I asked.

Riley shrugged again. "Let's just say, I didn't tell you all of my powers."

"You can heal her can't you?" I said. "You heal people."

"Well," he said, "yes I can heal people and animals and plants. Myself included of course. Although I'll never have to heal you." He said smiling.

I smile a half-faced smile. "I haven't told you all of my powers either."

He motioned his hands defensively and leaned back against his seat. "I don't want to know yet. Save it for the opportune moment." He said smiling. If Riley kept smiling, my heart would melt. I looked in his eyes and I thought I saw a sparkle.

"I know what your thinking." Riley said.

"Of course." I said leaning back against my seat.

Riley smirked. "You are wondering why my eyes sparkle and why I am so damn gorgeous." He said sarcastically. I gave a big smile.

"Okay narcissist. You have the answer of course so, tell me." I said still smiling.

"Alright. I can't tell you why. But," He said, "I can just say you have the same effect on people." I gave a blank stare. No wonder why I looked different. "The truth is, I became more and more 'gorgeous' as I came to know you more. And, I think the same reason is for you. But, your eyes don't sparkle like mine." He grinned as I frowned. "Your's twinkle like little stars."

I smiled too and looked away from him. He really knew how to impress me. "Now, you told me enough about you, what do you want to know about me?"

Riley gave me a little smile and put his head in his hands. "I want to know how it feels to run faster than the human race, how it feels to climb walls, and how it feels to regenerate."

I sighed. It wasn't that hard to explain. It would be harder if I was explaining to a human. "Don't you think we should order first?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I already did."

I frowned with happiness. "Let me guess. You told the chef what I wanted because you already knew I wanted the crab legs."

He frowned. "You read minds now?" Riley smiled when he saw me sigh.

"Alright," I said going back to his questions, "I'll start with running."

"The floor's yours." Riley said.

I nodded. "Well, running is like flying to you. When I run it feels like I am walking. I don't sweat or breath heavily. It is the best part of the powers for me. I enjoy it a lot. The wind just runs through my hair and I feel invincible."

"You are invincible. As am I." Riley said with a smirk.

"True." I replied with a smirk. I started explaining again. "I can't run that often though. I mean, I can only run through the woods and if I feel like running I'd have to run in circles considering we are in New York. There would have to be acres and acres for me to completely enjoy myself." I said smiling.

Riley smiled too. "I know what that's like. Not everyone in the world can stand seeing a flying man in the air. They would go haywire." I smiled.

"The climbing walls is simple." I said getting back on track. "Although of course it would be to me." We both smiled. I noticed his tuxedo jacket highlighted his biceps. "All I have to do is pretend I'm on a rock wall and climb. Left arm, right foot, right arm, left foot and so on until I'm clinging to the wall."

He smiled. "So, you're Spider woman." I nodded and shrugged.

"The advanced version." I said. He chuckled. "Well, then there's the healing." He nodded. "I still feel pain, by the way, and it just doesn't hurt as badly as it would for a human. It's at least tolerable. But, I still feel pain."

"So, you're saying if I just pinched you right now, you would still feel the pain?" Riley asked smirking.

I nodded. "Don't get any ideas." He grinned.

He leaned over the table closer to me. "I know you have more powers. Better powers. I also know that you don't like using them. You are a lot more advanced than I am. I too have powers I don't always use but, you have many more. I know that."

I leaned over the table to him. "If I am more advanced than why do you have a more effect on me than I do to you?"

He smiled. "How do you know that's true?" We sat their staring in each other's sparkling eyes just waiting for something to happen.

"Our food is coming." I said as I heard the waiter behind the wall say he had shrimp and crab legs ready. I figured Riley would order shrimp. Riley nodded and we both sat back in our seats.

A chubby man with glasses stopped by our table with a tray of food. He placed my crab legs in front of me and put Riley's shrimp in front of him.

"Thank you, sir." Riley said. The man nodded. I nodded to him. He smiled.

As soon as the waiter left, Riley leaned over the table. "You probably don't want to know what he was thinking."

I leaned over my food to look at him closer. He smelled so good. "I don't because people's thoughts are supposed to stay in their head." He frowned and leaned closer.

"Then I won't tell you that he thought that you were gorgeous and that I was lucky." He said inches from my face. "And I think he is right." I grinned. God, he was so perfect. Thank you for creating him and me.

Riley leaned back in his seat and began eating. I did the same. I watched him as he ate gracefully not getting any on his face. As we kept eating, I noticed I was eating the same way. We ate without talking. We both just watched each other eat silently. The crab was excellent.

When we were done, I thanked Riley. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Hey," He said, "it's your restaurant. I should be thanking you." We both smirked.

Riley wiped his mouth with his napkin and slapped the napkin on his plate. He got up from his seat and walked next to my seat. Riley held out his hand.

"Will you have this dance?" he asked casually. I took his hand gratefully as he led me down to the dance floor. Riley brought me to the middle of the room. There were people all around us dancing like they had never danced before. I hoped we wouldn't draw too much attention.

Riley took my right hand and put his right hand on my waist. I rested my left hand on his shoulder. We began casually dancing in circles just like everyone around us.

Riley brought me closer and whispered in my ear. "Let's show these people how to dance." I smiled.

So, he began twirling me around and moving about. We danced like professionals and no one payed too much attention. Occasionally there would be a couple that watched us with envy. I smiled as Riley and I's bodies danced around with complete grace. Our feet moved swiftly and our hips swayed. I realized I was having a lot of fun.

When the song ended, people around us began clapping as they looked at us. We both smiled and held each others hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Robert said as he stepped on the stage in front of the dancefloor, "Mr. Riley Ackers and Ms. Alyssa Greenwood. The founders of this lovely ballroom." Everyone's applause grew even louder. Riley looked at me with with a huge smile. My face was spread in a large smile too.

The applause stopped as soon as a slower song began. The people around us began dancing again or returned to what they were doing before we caused a big distraction.

Riley pulled me back to him and we went around in circles. He put both arms on my waist this time and I gently crossed my arms over his shoulders. Our bodies were touching as we swayed back and forth. It felt normal.

I put my head on Riley's shoulder and kept swaying. I took a deep breath and inhaled his wonderful aroma. He still smelled wonderful even when he just ate. I wondered if I still had the flowery smell Riley told me I smelled like.

I felt Riley's mouth go to my ear. "have you changed your mind yet?" he whispered.

"Yes."