Sequel: Gone

Move

Power

Image
Edward brought his hands up in defense. Sparks came out of his hands as I lunged at him. My fist never met his face. A force was coming out of his hands forcing me to not be able to touch him. I pushed my fist closer to him. The force moved it back.

"You really need to work on your power. If you were smart enough," Edward said, "you'd be using the same ability that I am using at this very instance."

I clenched my teeth. "I don't need to use your power." I quickly moved my arm back and pointed my two fingers at the dumpster and swiftly moved my my arm to Edward. The dumpster flew up in the air towards him. He shot his arms up in the air to block himself. Edward sent the force out of his hands. The dumpster crashed back against the building and broke in two.

We stared at each other. "So, what now?" he said. I raised both hands up behind my back and pointed at the two dumpster pieces without looking at them. I flung my hands at Edward. The two dumpster pieces flew at him. Edward shattered the first one. The second half bumped him as he stopped it in mid-air.

Edward pointed his fingers at the half and looked at me. "Such a shame." His hand flung towards me and the dumpster came flying towards me. I ran as fast as I could. I tried running past Edward. His arm shot out and I collapsed to the ground.

"You're just a blur to other people, Alyssa. To me and my brother, you are nothing." He said looking down at me.

"If I'm nothing," I said, "why does he stick up for me and why are you trying to kill me?"

He shrugged. "Life has it's ways." His cold hard stare made me even angrier. My leg flung out and turned to trip him. He fell on his back. I made my feet move faster than I ever ran before.

I was stopped when I felt a tugging at my neck. Edward turned me around to face him. He was making me hoover in the air. I grabbed my neck. Edward's force was too tight. I watched him as he flung his hand towards the wall. My body flew to the wall and crashed. I felt a ripping at my arm. I collapsed to the ground falling on my arm.

I couldn't get up. My ears could hear his footsteps moving closer to me. Then, I heard something land on the ground ever so lightly. I took in a deep breath to see what it was. I knew the smell instantly.

"Brother against brother." Edward's harsh voice said. "Almost biblical."

I looked up as I saw Riley lung at his brother. Riley had him pinned against the ground. I fell back against the hard concrete. My whole body ached. I grabbed my arm and bent it so that it would heal properly. It cracked as I replaced it. My body worked quickly to heal all of the minor cuts and my arm.

I didn't pay attention to what was happening behind me. I looked up from the concrete and Riley was crouched next to me. "Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"You're covered in blood." He said tilting his head to look at my arm.

I looked over his shoulder. Edward's body was laying limp in the middle of the alley. Riley was really brave to have killed his own brother.

"I should have believed you." He said. I pulled his head to mine and our lips touched for the first time.

Riley picked me up in his arms and our lips never left. He crouched down and leaped into the air.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and released my lips. My head rested against his collarbone. He looked at me and didn't smile. I could tell he was beaming inside.

"I'm sorry, Riley." I said to him without really being sorry.

"I heard you crash against the wall and my senses just made me fly to you. I was a little surprised when I found my brother standing there." He said.

We were quiet for the rest of fly to my house. He dropped me off at my door. I went in and left the door open. Riley stood in the doorway and watched me walk up the stairs. I went into the bathroom and I heard the door main door shut. I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs.

I took a wet washcloth and wiped the blood away. I looked in the mirror and saw Riley, in his pea coat, standing perfectly straight in the doorway. I lifted my shirt over my head and revealed my white spaghetti strap tank top. I wiped my arm with the washcloth. Riley just watched me. He didn't speak and he didn't move.

I continued wiping the blood off of my body. I unbuttoned my pants took them off. I went into my shower. I turned the water on hot and stood under it in my tank top and underwear.

Riley came over to the shower curtain and I opened it slowly. I looked at him as I was dripping wet. He stared me in the eyes and glanced down at my legs.

"You're bleeding." I said as I stroked his cheek.

I unbuttoned his coat and slipped it off. He pulled his sweater shirt off and his jeans. Riley stood in front of me in a white t-shirt and his briefs.

I went back under the hot water and closed my eyes. Riley's lips touched mine and I kissed him back. I didn't even hear him come into the shower. We stood there like that, under the hot water, just staying close to each other.

Riley stroked my wet hair back and I turned around to get out of the shower. I stepped out and grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me. I grabbed another and wrapped my hair in it. Riley stayed in the shower and I heard him wiping his cheek gently.

The water turned off and Riley gracefully got out. His hair was clinging to his face and he looked better than he did dry. He kept his eyes on mine as he grabbed a towel and tussled his hair. He wrapped it over his shoulders and stood in front of me. I sat down on the toilet seat and just stared at him.

His face no longer had blood on it and he didn't even have stubble on his chin. Riley's eyes twinkled.

I got up and walked out of the bathroom into my bedroom. Riley followed me and shut the bathroom light off. I turned around to face him as he entered my room.

"Do you have a fire power?" I asked him teasingly.

He gave me a crooked smile. "No, but, I think you do."

I turned around and faced the candles on my desk. I thought of fire and clicked my fingers. Fire shot out of my thumb. I looked back at Riley. I went over to the candles and lit each of them.

Riley was sitting on my bed. I sat next to him. I leaned back and took the towel off of my head. I moved onto the bed and Riley lay back. I leaned into him and lay on his wet chest. We were both damp and it felt awkward. I really didn't care.

I lay there breathing deeply thinking about what was happening. Riley kissed my wet hair. I guess a day can be good and bad.