Sequel: Gone

Move

Unexpected Visitor

Image
I woke up still clinging to Riley. I sat up and looked at my clock. It was four in the morning. I sighed. Riley was still sleeping. His head was propped up on the headboard. He looked uncomfortable. I let him be.

My feet pushed me to go to the bathroom. I played with my damp hair as I left the room. I looked in the bathroom mirror and still saw the beautiful dangerous creature I was. Edward was right about one thing. Life did have it's ways. But, sometimes the ways were extremely unexpected. I was still concerned about what he said. There were people out there that wanted us dead. And by 'us', I mean Riley, me, and all of the others that are like us.

I sighed. My feet dragged me out of the bathroom and downstairs to the kitchen. I stared at the floor as I entered the kitchen. I reached for the light switch and flipped on the light. My eyes flashed to the figure hunched over my table.

His face was lowered and I couldn't see it. I knew who it was though.

"Hello, again." Edward said lifting his head and sipping from the coffee mug he held in his hand. I froze. My mouth opened to scream. I couldn't.

"I thought I'd stop by for an early visit." He said in his dangerous tone. I tried to swallow. "No need to scream for him." He said referring to Riley. "I've decided to not kill you, yet. So, sit down."

I cautiously moved towards the chair across from him. I sat down slowly. "What do you want, if you're not going to kill me?" I asked. Edward looked at me. I realized I was still in my tank top and shorts.

He looked me in the eyes and grinned. Edward gave a quiet chuckle. "Alyssa, I want you to kill my brother." I looked down at the table trying to seem calm. "You can move faster than anyone like us."

I glanced back up at him. "Why does my speed matter?"

He grinned again. "You can kill him easier than I can."

"What makes you think I would want to kill him?" I asked him.

He chuckled again. "I didn't think you would. That's why your friends are sitting in my car."

I immediately shot an evil glance at him. "Why would you bring them into this. You are revealing our secret if you do."

"I wouldn't say that." Riley said sarcastically.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked him.

Edward smirked. "I want you to meet me and your friends at the plaza."

"The plaza? People are always there."

"Not that plaza, silly girl. The one that is having construction work." He said with excitement. I knew his plan then. Thank God he couldn't read my mind. "Walk up the boy toy and don't tell him a thing. Or else."

"Or else you'll kill my friends, right?" I said provokingly. Edward stood up from the table gracefully and walked out of my kitchen. I heard the front door open and shut. I just sat there for a moment. I hated that man. I never thought it possible to hate someone so much. He made me like this. He wants to kill me. He is the one that is holding my friends hostage.

I jumped up from the table and ran up the stairs into my room. I jumped onto the bed and started pushing on Riley saying his name. He woke up confused.

"What?" He said softly.

"Get up." I commanded. Riley shot up and stood next to the bed. He squinted his eyes trying to understand the worry on my face.

"What is it?" He asked completely awake.

"Read my mind, right now." I commanded him. He immediately followed my orders and gazed into my eyes. I thought of everything Edward had said and what he was planning. I thought of the plan that was forming in my mind.

"Okay." Riley said when we were done. "Let's get dressed." I ran around the room putting on clothes. I ran into the room down the hall and grabbed several weapons that I kept a secret. When I walked back into my room Riley stared at the weapons I was holding.

"You have guns?" He asked.

"The most advanced technology of our time. Including body armor, a berreta 9mm, and a berreta m3p shotgun. Plus, some others that I just like to call, dangerous." I smiled at him.

"I have no idea what any of that means but, okay." He said pulling his clothes on.

I pulled my jeans up and slipped on a black t-shirt. I put the body armor on. "Do you want a bullet proof vest?" I asked him.

"How dangerous are you?" He asked surprised by my secrets.

"I've just been preparing for a day like this." I told him. "I had a hunch that this would happen eventually. I just wasn't sure."

"Okay, well, I'll take the vest then." He said. I smiled. I rushed into the other room and grabbed a bullet proof vest. I ran back into my room and threw it at him. He looked confused.

I walked over to him and took the vest. I slipped it over his head from behind and tightened it in the back. "You'll get use to it, eventually." I said.

He grinned. "I sure hope so."

I took the several guns I had grabbed. The berreta shotgun was shiny and new. I slipped it over my head and it hung across my back. I placed the other weapons in my body armor. I looked in the large mirror behind my desk.

"You don't look anything like the Alyssa I once knew." Riley said. "I'm glad that I finally get to see the real you. But, I like it." He stood behind me looking over my shoulder at the mirror. My sandy blond hair hung over my shoulders. I grabbed a black ribbon and tied my hair into a ponytail. I turned around at Riley.

"You're going to need another shirt to put over the vest." I said.

"If I start fighting, I am taking it off." He said. "Just because you don't sweat doesn't mean I don't"

I went over to my large walk-in closet and pulled out a men's black shirt that I use to sleep in. I gave it to Riley and went back in and grabbed one of my own black shirts. I slipped it over my head. The cotton reminded me of how normal humans were. They wouldn't be able to smell it like Riley and me.

"Are you ready?" I asked him seriously.

He nodded. "Let's do this." Riley put his arms behind his back. I grabbed rope from under my bed and tied his hands together. "You know, I never really expected to kill my brother two times."

"First time doesn't count." I said. "But, second time's a charm." I smiled when he wasn't looking at me. This would be very interesting.